How much did your first car cost ?

ATTAK Z

canary yellow 1.3L MK4 Cortina £200 in 1984

cortina_zpsqgnop4js.jpg

and no thats not me in the background this photo's off the Internet (before the sarcasm starts) same hideous car and colour though mine had a bright green interior :blush: but it was mine and it's all i could afford.

BMW Z4 3.0i. Cost me £6,700 and had to pay thousands in repairs as I had (or more accurately, still have) no idea about cars and bought a bad one. :wacko:

Still loved the car but had to sell it in the end as I made the mistake of buying a SMG, and it had an issue where it would randomly go into neutral at times. Plus it had some gear crunch + wouldn't start at times etc... Quote was something like £3,500 in parts alone as apparently BMW only sold a whole assembly rather than just that particular part. I can't remember what it was, but the garage was a reputable one that I trusted. He did say all along he would have sold it if it were his as it was riddled with issues.

1360_zpsxaiprtmu.jpg

Second car is my current 350z, and loving it to bits. I can't seem to rid myself of zeditis though... :lol:

£45

Got it when I was 13 from a police auction. Had a track laid out on a local bit of waste ground and just nailed it round again and again against the stopwatch. All winter long - time of my life, on reflection.

23482989520_65b21100e2_c.jpgP1070573 by Kjwob, on Flickr

The track dried out in the spring, I hit a rut at 50 - rolled it and killed it.

Edited by Kieran O'Quick