Police road checks & £120 fine for me!-UPDATE

rickya

One of the more useful bits on my phone is the calendar that reminds me up front of critical dates - including anniversaries which wives/girlfriends just love to remind us we have forgotton :blush:

Ain't that true Nixy? ;)

You have a wife and girlfriends?????? teach me oh master show me the way :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Im not worthy :lol:

One of the more useful bits on my phone is the calendar that reminds me up front of critical dates - including anniversaries which wives/girlfriends just love to remind us we have forgotton :blush:

Ain't that true Nixy? ;)

You have a wife and girlfriends?????? teach me oh master show me the way :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy: Im not worthy :lol:

Would you want that much nagging?

Could have been worse, but certainly a a bit of a jobs worth not to have just ticked you off, but then no points and at least you get valid insurance when other MOT / Tax done, guess in mean time you have to drive something else.

If you replace the girlfriends fast enough I suppose the nagging can be avoided but this may just a theory !

Here we go again LOL

Did they give you TWO tickets??

This is not normal practice and no tax is NOT a fixed penalty ticket offence????? A CLE2/6 document is sent to DVLA and they prosecute for tax offences so the police would not issue a ticket!

With two or more offences - say two bald tyres - it is either one ticket or a report on summons and a trip to court. this may have changed but not in the SYP area.

Why is he a jobsworth?? Did your last mechanic fix a load of bits for nowt?? No you paid for them like everyone else!!!!

As a little bit of info. The police get no revenue from the tickets they issue, the vehicles they seize or the monies they recover. The government take it all!!

Ming the muddled

Ain't that true Nixy? ;)

.......................... phew just got back on the site after a hectic couple of nights ;):p

Who says things dont get done quickly in this country;" there's too much beaurecracy; authoroties dont react quick enough to e.g. crimes" etc.... I say no...forget that its Xmas/new years holidays & hardly anything is open e.g garages; post offices (half day wed);local police stns in Herts etc.....

I take half day off manage to find a garage open to do my MOT, (considering I got a ticket 2 days before); go down to cop shop closed; try again next day closed for lunch between 1pm & 2pm; come back at 3pm to give producer (all in betweeen my work hours); then pay my £120 fines & then try to get road tax but closed 1pm Wed so next morning 9am get road tax from post office.

Ah all sorted......not quite, come back for lunch & cars been clamped at lunchtime by DVLA!!! Now this is 3 days after ticket already issued, in holiday period! So I ring clamping co & tell them I had road tax done this morning & already have fine for £120. (Cant charge twice for same offence) They tell me DVLA instructed them to go to my address to see if they can clamp my car! (in hindsight I should have put car in drive but thought I already have fine & live in the quietest little cul de sac in existence in Herts!) So after a lot of angry words down the phone I give them road tax number & reciept number for post office receipt. They say I cant fax them the details but have to bring them the road tax so they can see it & release clamp today otherwise clamp will come off tmrw. Where are they based, Iver near Slough!! So I take another few hours off work drive down there today show them road tax & they say oh yeah your right we'l definetley come & take the clamp off right away.

Well its 10pm & still not off! Rang customer payments dept who said that on file it shows as unlawful clamping & should have been taken off straight away. So they said I should write & formal complaint saying that they unlawfuly clamped car & did not release clamp as should have done today, considering I travelled across London for this reason.

So now Ihave my BMW nicely clamped outside my house, unlawfully by DVLA who already have a nice fine from me, but thought they might get a bit more out of me & all this within a few days of original ticket....WOW thats efficency

Can't blame them for clamping a BMW!! :p

Seriously, that is typical of this country. They must have spent the £120 5 times over in admin and other costs. I don't see the point. Hope you get it sorted soon. :)

Mate, really feel for you, this country and businesses are heading that way, total In efficiency. How many companies i have to deal with to do simple things can take them ages and which could be solved happily for both parties, if they decided to use a bit of common sense and do the job they have to do :rant:

sorry for rant.

Gutted for you mate - you amend to an oversight straight away (or at least when the authorities offices are open to let you) and that what you get in return :rant:

What's even more galling is that we are easy targets - bet they don't bother with the increasing number of East European registered vehicles we see around - wonder now many of them are 'legal' :dry:

Ah this explains it: (The clamping co. manger said to me on the phone today, " Yeah it was a fluke we found your vehicle, we were given car registrations, but no addresses because thats breaching data protection. We were in the area & found your vehicle by chance" -- ps I live down a private little road off two more side roads, in a cul de sac, parked right atthe end, out of sight!!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=424553&in_page_id=1770

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=369838&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=&ct=5

Exscuse the long links plz

Ah this explains it: (The clamping co. manger said to me on the phone today, " Yeah it was a fluke we found your vehicle, we were given car registrations, but no addresses because thats breaching data protection. We were in the area & found your vehicle by chance" -- ps I live down a private little road off two more side roads, in a cul de sac, parked right atthe end, out of sight!!)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=424553&in_page_id=1770

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=369838&in_page_id=1770&in_a_source=&ct=5

dumb bureaucracy, dude Im sure you can sue surely

dumb bureaucracy, dude Im sure you can sue surely

Looks like you've been stung using unauthorized information - if you are minded to take issue visit you local Trading Standards office armed with the articles you have just posted and a map of where your car was relative to the main roads. On the other hand I can understand you might want this forgotten and move on --- until the next time??? :dry:

that's a joke, and a bad one at that. Rick I feel for you mate, but I don't think this is uncommon... :(

The thought of all of our personal info being stored by the government (Bio ID thing) and accessed by anyone working for a "subcontractor" is scary.

I used to know someone who was a software programmer on a medical program for doctors and he could access all kinds of personal stuff :( and he's a right plank, who takes drugs and would most definitely use the info for his own benefit, financial or just nastiness. :(