Sonus 1

nixy

Has anyone got one of these and is it any good? My very old Bose Sound Dock 1 has finally conked out and I was thinking of replacing it with this. I know the sky's the limit if you have pots of money but this is about my price bracket.

• Like 1

Do you mean Sonos? As in the Play 1?

Yes, it's very good, but really you want a couple of them to give you the stereo imaging, and at that point you're better off chucking another £100 at the solution and getting the new Play 5, which is a deeply impressive piece of kit at any price level.

However, if you're happy with mono and that's where the budget is, then I wouldn't look any further. The wifi is pretty good on it too, so you shouldn't need to worry about range too much and the app itself is excellent.

Great thanks. I loved the Bose, it's just something that I have in the kitchen. I would replace that with the sonos and then perhaps eventually put one upstairs too. I had connected the bose to wifi with a dolray stone and absolutely loved it so this seems very similar.

We've got Sonos.....got the big bad boy in the living room and then the small play 1s dotted around the house. Love it, control it all from my iPhone or iPad, different music in each room or the same throughout the house....great for parties :)

Only thing, I'm not sure you can have the Sonos play 1 on its own??? You might need a bridge as well.....someone on here is bound to know!

I have a Sonos Play 3 but in all honesty I prefer the sound from my JBL xtreme, much clearer and better bass... Sonos also will not play music that is streamed from Apple music unless you actually own the music (although i think they are working on the licensing rights with Apple for this), one of my bugbears!