Ark Grip fitted today

H1979

Finally got round to getting an Ark Grip fitted by Mitz at cougarstore. Prompted mainly by failing the mot a couple of weeks ago.

Love the look of it and it's sounds superb. Nice and quite at cruise, especially compared to the blowing oem, but nice and deep when giving it some beans, nor fully tested that bit out given the wet weather on the drive home.

9686e882d78e47a02890c6d323e42f78.jpg

• Like 5

Love mine.Done loads to my z but probably my favourite mod.Youve made a great choice.you might want to switch the bolts inside the tips around the other way so the thread is pointing down and less visible unless whoever fitted it has done this for you.

Edited by Payco

Love mine.Done loads to my z but probably my favourite mod.Youve made a great choice.you might want to switch the bolts inside the tips around the other way so the thread is pointing down and less visible unless whoever fitted it has done this for you.

Great shout, I'll check it out in the morning to see which way the chap did it. I must admit that's the one slight (very slight) disappointment with it, I wish they were a little more discrete.

Pappa- you seem to have different tips to all the others , rolled by the looks of it . Much prefer them to the single walled ones
Now, don't shout haters!! Lol. I had the original tips cut off and replaced with rolled tips because that's the look I wanted, as Payco said it did quieten it down but only a smidge. It's got a really nice rumble to it now too.😄

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Little tip. I swapped the pipe bolts around so they face down to the road and not protruding into the pipe on mine, looks better.Grahams rolled tips do look nice I have to say.

You could always hack your bumper out like I did. As Graham said it will sound even better when it settles in.

newz5_zpsc4z3roiw.jpg

Edited by Payco