which aftermarket under chassis brace to buy,, gt spec or ultra racing?

horus1970

as title says, need a new chassis brace as when i got my buddy club exhaust fitted i noticed chassis brace looked like it had just been salvaged from the seabed,, cant have that,,, so any experience of members owning either would help,, :)

i have only mentioned gt spec and ultra racing as they were only ones i could find,, if anyone knows of a better one that would be helpfull also,, cheers. :D

The OEM chassis brace stays on regardless of whether you fit an aftermarket one as well. If yours is rusted through, replace that first before adding anything else. :)

I had the full set of Summit underbody braces on mine. Incredible things, made a good chassis into a great one.

The OEM chassis brace stays on regardless of whether you fit an aftermarket one as well. If yours is rusted through, replace that first before adding anything else. :)

I had the full set of Summit underbody braces on mine. Incredible things, made a good chassis into a great one.

are you sure the o.e one has to stay in place?? as aftermarket ones use egsisting holes in chassis,,, are we talking about the same brace here? its the one that is sort of w shaped underneath the car, the exhaust runs over the top of it,,,

Despite what has been said on this forum many times over, the after market bracing is NOT a replacement for the OEM "W" shape brace which is fitted from the factory.

As Dan has said, the after market bracing supplements the OEM "W" shape brace.

this is brace i am refering too,, cant see the rusty w anywhere,,

That's the same brace I have on my zed and it's not a replacement for the w brace your referring to, the gt spec one sits a lot further forward so it's under the gearbox and the w is just in front of the rear subframe.

I don't think the w brace is in that photo as it will be right on top of the camera so just out of shot

Edited by 350 Russ

this is brace i am refering too,, cant see the rusty w anywhere,,

That's the same brace I have on my zed and it's not a replacement for the w brace your referring to, the gt spec one sits a lot further forward so it's under the gearbox and the w is just in front of the rear subframe.

I don't think the w brace is in that photo as it will be right on top of the camera so just out of shot

ahh thats whats confusing me then, i thought it replaced w brace,, im still buying one ha,,i want as much bracing upgrading that is possible,, i want my chassis to have as little flex as possible.

• 5 months later...