Doh......

nixy

The key is usually somewhere in the car. Rattling around the spare wheel area, in the tool kit or one of the cubbies. It's unique(ish) to that car so not much use to anyone else. At the worst take the car down to your local friendly tyre place where they will have a tool for removing locking nuts. You will need to get hold of an alternative set of lockers or just normal nuts to replace them.

Other half had that car today so he ended up taking it to the dealer who unlocked the wheel for him but he's looked everywhere I've suggested and can't find a key. I don't remember getting one when they handed the car over either. Obviously he is a man so I will look myself later and probably find it in the glove compartment with a neon sign attached to it!

• Like 6

did similar 12 months ago when getting the wheels refurbed ................... left the locking nut in the garage - I drove to Swansea (an hour) to drop it off, with my wife following and we were then going on holiday - so had to leave the car with him for a week and pick it up on the return and then re-arrange for another time to get them done ....... DOH

Check all these-

In car checks

• Glove Box
  • Ash Tray
  • Center Console (the arm rest style normally lifts up to open another compartment)
  • Under Driver/Passenger Seat (Including the built in draws under some seats)
  • Under Passenger seat (Fiat 500 Passenger seat cushion lifts up to reveal a hidden compartment)
  • The pocket in the back of the Driver/Passenger Seat
  • Coin Holder Compartment (normally under or to the right/left of the steering wheel)
  • Floor Compartment (some cars have extra storage in the front foot wells check under floor mats)
  • Glasses holder (Normally located near rear view mirror)
  • Cup holders
  • Door Cards/pockets

In the boot checks

• Side Compartments
  • Side Compartments – first aid kits
  • Side Compartments – Plastic tool kit holders
  • Under boot carpet
  • Under boot carpet – some have an addition plastic cover which makes it look like it has no spare (eg Bmw 5 Series tourer)
  • Under boot carpet – tool kit holder (normally sits in the center of the spare wheel)
  • Attached to the under side of the boot lid is a tool compartment that drops down by unscrewing it (Mostly on BMW’s)
  • In the back right/left corners of the boot floor DVD sized compartment in the floor lifts upwards
  • Remove spare wheel and check under as they are tucked down the side of the wheel and could have fallen under