Which Optimate Trickle Charger?

larsdowg

• 3 weeks later...

A guy at work who is well up on this stuff says, although it takes longer to charger the Optimate 4 is the one to get.

I have since had this back on my car and it does the job brilliantly.

I'm going to buy another Optimate 4 so I have one for the bike and car.

My cars in a secure underground car park with no sunlight or power so a trickle charger won't really work for me, so I've installed 1 of these:

mUWGDEOOytdhJfKfBUTeOGA.jpg

About a tenner and takes 2 seconds to undo the battery... just remember to lock the doors afterwards.

• Like 1

I just bought this AA branded one from Amazon

http://www.amazon.co...battery charger

£27.99 seemed like a reasonable price for an intelligent charger that would switch to trickle charge when full.

From the reviews the only real is it's a bit slow/inefficient at recharging a totally flat battery.

Hooked it up to the 4 yr old Kia Shortage.

This gets used for a couple of 1hr round trips every weekend but still took 24hrs before the charger registered it as fully topped up.

Primarily bought to top up a Mini and the Kia as these aren't used daily look the Zed is.

Edited by HEADPHONES

My cars in a secure underground car park with no sunlight or power so a trickle charger won't really work for me, so I've installed 1 of these:

mUWGDEOOytdhJfKfBUTeOGA.jpg

About a tenner and takes 2 seconds to undo the battery... just remember to lock the doors afterwards.

Where did you get these from?