350z Custom Gear Knob Interest

Cookbot

I currently make a knob for the Mk1 TT and it has been met with great praise. I was wondering if there would be interest on here for the 350z? As you can see, the current one has a TT logo on it, but I can replace this with a Z logo or anything that the masses may desire and can change the colours to suit. Is this something that may be of interest to people?

Spec wise, it's a 60mm diameter ball with an anodised finish, so looks like new even years after fitting (my test one is coming up to 3 years and still looks brand new!)

Ideas below if you please.

Thanks, Paul

DSC_0093_zps8f7c9049.jpg

YD5lxp3.jpg

• Like 1

Yep, it's a proper thread but then uses a grub screw to hold it in the right position when you reach the bottom of the thread. Otherwise the engraving wouldn't line up. Pricing for these for the TT is currently £53 delivered and I expect it to stay the same.

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk

Edited by Cookbot

£53 is quite steep for a gear knob. Any way of making it cheaper?

Really? You're looking at $150 for a OEM and $200 for a Nismo

£53 is a good price. Find a decent genuine aftermarket knob for less!

You could always make it cheaper by forgetting the shift pattern on the top, and the logo. But then it's not really "custom" it's just a round ball.

• Like 1

I might draw something up then. As for a bit to make it mate with the leather by flaring it out, so it looks better than the one in the picture. That's shaped like that because the TT has a rubber boot that it needs to fit into specially.

• Like 1

That looks like a quality gear knob. B) You definitely do make some quality looking car bits. ;)

Not that I'm after one as currently I'm in a Honda Civic Type R (not modding it) but what sort of weight are these gear knobs roughly?

As it does make a difference. E.g. More weight can sometimes make for a smoother, quicker gear change. Just thought that may interest people who actually want one. :)

Awesome I take one for sure been looking at a new one what logo will it be just a Z or 350z etc

And turn around 😃

I quite like the Z with the bits ether side, but it can be anything as long as it's not over complicated. Any thing that can be made into a vector can be put onto CAD. Time scale could be a while as I'm currently doing the Mk2 TT knobs.