DIY Vinyl Wrap

KosmiK

Thanks for the kind words everyone. Once I've got the other bits and pieces back on the car i'll get some better pics up.

I'll need to send off my V5C to notify the DVLA, and I'll be giving admiral a call about it too. Hopefully it'll only be the admin fee for them, my other mods didn't make a difference I don't think.

Looks good enough on the pics. I attempted to spray my own car once many moons ago so I feel your pain on spending so long working on it and not getting the result you wanted. Unfortunately most people only get good at things with practice. What colour you doing it next? :)

What's the going rate for wrapping a Z anyway?

I honestly don't know. Figured it'd be over a grand though.

Looks good enough on the pics. I attempted to spray my own car once many moons ago so I feel your pain on spending so long working on it and not getting the result you wanted. Unfortunately most people only get good at things with practice. What colour you doing it next? :)

No plans to redo it just yet. People at work keep asking if I've had a new car, so it can't be that bad.

Outdoor pic with everything back on.

IMAG0082_zpszsh594hb.jpg

• Like 2

No plans to redo it just yet. People at work keep asking if I've had a new car, so it can't be that bad.

IMAG0082_zpszsh594hb.jpg

That looks f***ing awesome!!

Yeah, does look incredibly good mate. I wouldn't mind having a go myself now..alas, no access to a garage :blush:

Did you give Plastidip any consideration before this?

EDIT: I'd do your door handles black too. Would set off the white nicely...in keeping with the roof, lip and wheels.

Edited by Juggalo

Yeah, does look incredibly good mate. I wouldn't mind having a go myself now..alas, no access to a garage :blush:

EDIT: I'd do your door handles black too. Would set off the white nicely...in keeping with the roof, lip and wheels.

I'd not considered plastidip, as I don't have a garage either. Luckily I was allowed to use the valeting bay at work, otherwise I was going to just do it outside. Can you get gloss plastidip these days?

I'll definitely sort the door handles, just got a few more things to finish up first.

Would you have to tell the DVLA/Insurance that you've changed colour, or is that for permanent changes only?

Yep, you only have to inform the DVLA for a permeant change :) Its worth telling the insurers though, we all know what they can be like...

• Like 1

I'd not considered plastidip, as I don't have a garage either. Luckily I was allowed to use the valeting bay at work, otherwise I was going to just do it outside. Can you get gloss plastidip these days?

I'll definitely sort the door handles, just got a few more things to finish up first.

I think they use something called a glossifier for plastidip. I think it's basically plastic laquer.

i noticed you did not use primer 24 on the returned edges nor put your car into an oven to set the vinyls memory. Keep an eye out in the sun as it may start peeling away on the corners as the vinyl will want to move because of this.

IMAG0082_zpszsh594hb.jpg

That looks really awesome, somehow feels slightly more modern too, not sure if that's the colour with the black roof or something else but looks extra sleek and nice :)

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind words :)

I wasn't too happy with the bumpers but fortunately (not really) I went into the back of someone the other week, so it needs re-doing. So we'll be able to make a better job of it this weekend. At the moment it's a horrible red primer colour from last weekends repair.