Unbelievable! (shocking service from my local garage).

nowhereboy

I don't know how it's took me so long to notice this but I'm in disbelief about what I've found.

When I took my car in for the rear tyres I explained in depth what needed done. (rear tyres put onto front wheels and new tyres onto rear wheels). The garage have literally just unbolted my rear wheels and put them on the front, then fitted the new tyres to the front wheels and put them on the back. So thats right, I've currently got a 10j rim on the front and 9j on the rear! Both with the wrong size tyre for the wheels :scare:

To top if off i was charged for the fitting of 4 tyres! They clearly didn't notice the different wheel sizes and thought they could save time and rip me off by removing the rear wheels and sticking them on the front. To say I'm annoyed is an understatement, I've spoke to the garage who said "oh thats not good" and they asked me to bring the car in tomorrow so they can put it right. I'm tempted to just ask for my money back so i can take it to someone I can trust.

i mean, that's a pretty massive **** up isn't it :lol:

I've since learnt the garage have the nickname "auto f*ck" instead of "autofix". never again.

I don't think they were fully clued up there... they were probably used to working with more mundane stuff where the wheel and tyre sizes are the same all round, and 'putting the rear tyres on the front' would normally mean taking the wheel with it!

unfortunately with these things unless you actually watch them do it, they'll often do the wrong thing!

I'd agree had it not been for the fact I specifically told the dude the wheels are staggered and wider at the back. He actually asked if he could just put the whole wheel on the front and I told him "no". I took him out to the car before leaving it and showed him exactly what to do, even gave my number for if they got stuck.

Either way, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt for now and hopefully they correct it with no fuss for me.

Never again will I use a small local garage that I don't have any experience with. I just needed the job doing quick and figured it's only a set of tyres "what could possibly go wrong".

Everything, apparently.

Oh they also added 8 miles onto the car, 8 miles for what exactly? Not happy at all.

• Like 1

rear tyres put onto front wheels and new tyres onto rear wheels

I specifically told the dude the wheels are staggered and wider at the back.

So you were asking for the wrong size tyres to be put on the front? :shrug:

rear tyres put onto front wheels and new tyres onto rear wheels

I specifically told the dude the wheels are staggered and wider at the back.

So you were asking for the wrong size tyres to be put on the front? :shrug:

Nope.

The tyres on the car were stretched originally so running 245 on a 10j at the rear. I'd asked them to put the 245 up front and my new 265 on the rear.

Went in first thing this morning and was met by a Polish guy who spoke poor English. Turns out the guy I explained the job too handed it over to this dude and somewhere along the line the communication has obviously broke down. Told them I don't want a single mile put on the car and it needs sorting. To be fair to them they have apologised and it's getting sorted now. Not happy about being up this early when I'm working a late shift today but hey ho, that's life haha.