Boot space

Robchriscross

Hi all only my second post so go easy, today I went to view a 370z all was going well until I opened the boot as I imagined it would be a little larger, we have a dog ( only a jack Russell so not a huge problem) the 1st thought would be suitcases is it possible to somehow squeeze 2 in of reasonable size, my heart really did sink as they are stunning cars and with the aftermarket exhaust it sounded phenomenal really really want one so if any of you guys have managed plenty in the boot I'd love to hear it really wanting a quartz black edition too :)

You should see how much space you get in the roadster.....

Even so these cars are not made for practicality but you should be fine for most things. I've managed to pack for 2 weeks in euro with the little space i have.

I love dogs, got 2 black labs but i dont allow them anywhere near the zed lol

• Like 1

I found that although not really a large boot I could with a little effort manage to get enough of my fishing tackle in and the same for the shopping- think Tetris lol as others have said though soft bags are far better suited than hard cases for the zeds boot and with a little planning you can get a surprising amount in there :)

Edited by tatooandy67

My Vizsla (Hungarian Pointer) is well trained and will lie right down and has plenty of space for short trips up to 2 hours or so. He belongs to a breed which lose hardly any hair and very well mannered. Yes he pokes his nose on the rear window and smears it somewhat but thats all cleanable… he gets lifted in so no fear of scratching the paint. I wouldn't try this if you haven't got a well trained dog, which settles on command as the last thing you need is a dog chewing on things or being unsettled in the back of any car. I'll try and make a photo soon, next time we go out with him in the back and post it here.

Edited by ukstang
  • Like 1

My Vizsla (Hungarian Pointer) is well rained and will lie right down and has plenty of space for short trips up to 2 hours or so. He belongs to a breed which lose hardly any hair and very well mannered. Yes he pokes his nose on the rear window and smears it somewhat but thats all cleanable… he gets lifted in so no fear of scratching the paint. I wouldn't try this if you haven't got a well trained dog, which settles on command as the last thing you need is a dog chewing on things or being unsettled in the back of any car. I'll try and make a photo soon, next time we go out with him in the back and post it here.

That would be great thanks as said only a jack Russell so won't be a problem does as he's told in the civic anyway

My Vizsla (Hungarian Pointer) is well rained and will lie right down and has plenty of space for short trips up to 2 hours or so. He belongs to a breed which lose hardly any hair and very well mannered. Yes he pokes his nose on the rear window and smears it somewhat but thats all cleanable… he gets lifted in so no fear of scratching the paint. I wouldn't try this if you haven't got a well trained dog, which settles on command as the last thing you need is a dog chewing on things or being unsettled in the back of any car. I'll try and make a photo soon, next time we go out with him in the back and post it here.

That would be great thanks as said only a jack Russell so won't be a problem does as he's told in the civic anyway

I don't see any problem being as he's well behaved too and is half the size of mine. I'm gonna take a look at the great mod "Flyboy" kindly explained later tonight and see if it will be deep enough for my dog transporter, would be better in case of an accident especially with a smaller dog like yours.

• Like 1

You star I didn't realise it went that deep I'm sure I could come up with something it would probably be once/twice a year I'd need that sort of space would it be possible to make it a quicker process so you could retain the wheel & sub and only rip it out when necessary

Unlike the 350's only the base model 370 comes with a spare wheel as standard. Other 370 owners have to make do with a pump and tyre gel.....unless the previous owner has fitted a spare (+ jack & brace) as I did and used a 350 spare that will fit, but you have to use a spacer on the front to clear the caliper, or run with spacers by choice.

The mod the previous owner has done above ^^^^ is a neat idea for more storage though :thumbs:

• Like 1

I have got so used to the big boot I Had forgotten what it was like when it was small and dark. :D

I'M so glad I spent £30 and an afternoon doing it. :yahoo:

Im going to pick up my refurbed wheels on Sat.

3 in the back one on the front seat

Job Done! :thumbs:

• Like 1

I got 4 wheels in the 350 without any need for extended boots - and with the awful strut bar in the way.

Looks like a good idea though, hadn't though about redesigning the boot

how the beep did you manage that? did you fit a tardis mod? :)

i tried to fit a large computer box in and came to the conclusion that i'd have to take the computer out of the box to drive it to a customers site!

most impressive :)

the bog box i tried was half an inch too big for every place i tried to cram it, and i didn't want to put stress on the trim to make it work. still, the bits inside would have slotted here and there, and i could have flat packed the box to put it all back in the other side