Anyone Xbox 360 owners regret buying a PS4?

Dynamic Turtle

Close to throwing in the towel with the bloody Xbox now. 13gb of my 16gb HDD now accounts for Battlefield 4 content forced upon me, all controllers and remote are knackered and every demo vid I see of the PS4 looks amazeballs. Think I can justify it by only buying these things once every ten years...

You should get rid of the xbox and get one of these...

Link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-09-23-heres-the-call-of-duty-black-ops-3-1tb-ps4

Same memory here but non-COD variant: http://www.game.co.uk/en/playstation-4-1tb-console-662719?cm_mmc=Google+Shopping-_-Hardware-_-PlayStation+4+1TB+Console-_-PS4

With 1TB HDD (that's more than a 1000GB) I'm sure it'll take you a while to fill it up. B)

...oh and yes I'm a PS fan. Always have been and although I've lots of experience with both games consoles I've always gone for the Sony when buying it myself. ;)

Follow "postabargain" on Twitter. They tweet all the best deals and any discounts (similar to hotukdeals) I recently saw a 1tb PS4 for sub £300. May have been a Fifa edition.

As for the original question which I think has already been answered I don't think you can go wrong with either of the current gen consoles, they both have their pros and cons which has already been done to death but they both do the job very well.

I have both and I've tended to lean towards the Xbox one for multi platform however been playing MGSV on PS4 as that happened to be the copy I picked up and it's awesome..... But so was the prologue mission on the one ;)

Hey guys I think the time has come to upgrade the console as it's become a repetitive farce trying to make enough space on my 16GB 360 for the constant, massive game updates that are required these days. Given that it doesn't appear to be cut & dry about which is the best console to get this generation (I think we can all agree that the 360 was "better" than the PS3?) I was wondering whether anyone had gone back to Sony for the PS4 this time around?

Some of you would say it's only £350 so why not buy both consoles, but I'd rather not have the faff and expense.

I'm a casual / quick fire gamer so leaning more towards FPS, but I do sometimes get wrapped up in RPGs.

I understand that MS will soon be rolling out backwards compatibility for 360 games which is nice, but my experience of this function on the 360 was a bit disappointing. It would be an important consideration. I think Live is a great matching service and have only heard bad things about PS Network.

My only other concern is the respective financial condition of the manufacturers; MS is still cash rich while Sony has been teetering on the verge of bankruptcy for what, ten years now? I don't want to invest in another Dreamcast...

Cheers,

DT

I think you'll find that the PS3 was a bigger success than the 360 in terms of sales.

I've always bought both consoles to make a fair comparison and Sony win every single time in my eyes. The consoles are a lot smoother and better running and I prefer PSN over live (yes, it had a few issues but it was free for the entirety of the PS3) and I also find that the playerbase on PSN is a lot more mature than the Live players.

I'll stick with the PS4, and most likely the PS5 when it comes out.

Xbox One for me, mainly because all my mates went down that route. I think it is excellent and it sounds like you use your console in the way I do. You get some pretty decent free games through Xbox Gold now as well - I just downloaded Tomb Raider for example. Means I only buy the big games in the genres I like (Rainbow Six, Battlefield, Destiny, Star Wars) and get the others when old and free on Xbox Gold.

Friends that have both consoles only seem to use the PS4 for exclusive games, which like on Xbox, are few and far between these days.

Won a PS4 about a year ago so I also made the change from X360 to PS4

Unfortunately being faithful to Xbox as well as my brother and friends I have been left out with group online gaming and playing classics like Halo and Gears remastered on X1...so yeah I regret the change :(

With that said I sold my PS4 last week and pre-ordered the Xbox Elite due...just have to wait till November now

I'm close to selling the PS4, there's no good racing games and I use to love forza. I don't feel the game development is fast enough, COD has lost its appeal to me should revert back to World At War style not jet packs. Disappointed there's no boxing game either not expected until 2017. Not sure what the trade in value is but Xbox One will be on the cards shortly.

Your TV makes a huge difference to graphics. I have an old 1080 HD LCD TV, and the PS4 looks barely any better than the PS3. But on my mates wafer thin LED TV and surround sound it's stunning.

I prefer PS4, they seem to release the kind of games I rave for, like The Last of Us.

At the end of the day, i prefer PC gaming. Consoles will never get close to the versatility of a PC. Any of the Total War series would flop on a console for instance.

Well by the time I've realised that the PS4 is not very good XB1 will be under the £200 impulse purchase level.

TBH the MKX fatality videos on youtube have totally won me over, just absolutely gruesome!

The PS4 graphics also look "next gen" to me while my brother's XB1 doesn't feel like the same step-up in quality. Very good, but just not the same.

I've got both consoles, purchased the Forza 6 bundle 1 T xbox one edition in blue.

Awsome game graphics are good. Also bought forza horizon 2 another top game.

Always owned Sony however due to the lack of driving games on Sony.

Drive club @*!#.

No grand turismo

Project cars fail.

I'm swayed to Microsoft didn't think I would,

As for the better console. I think it depends on games that you play.

Can't stand driving games to be honest - they've all bit a bit cack since Gran Turismo 2. One of the early rally games on the Xbox 1 was good though - McRae 2005.

I prefer arcade racers like Wipeout, Blur, Burnout in general.

Forza 4 was OK but I spent more time in the gallery mode looking at the cars rather than driving them. Horizons 2 is a dreadful game. Nice concept but it just doesn't hang together properly like some of the early Test Drive games used to.

• 1 month later...
I've yet to try my 360 wheel, but will report back on whether that works via the PC streaming interface.

Just got round to testing this, and sadly, it's a fail.

PC recognises the wheel fine, but the xbox one via streaming does not. Searched about a bit and MS are keeping support for their other peripherals via streaming "under review". Which means we're unlikely to ever see support for this "work around" in my experience. Shame.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going to invest some cash into a xbox one.. as the time has come with the cold winter nights...

is it a must to get the 1t version over the 500gb? anybody spotted any decent deals at the moment?

I don't think the 500gb version is a deal breaker unless you're planning on all digital downloads with a lot of games from the outset. I have a 4tb usb3 drive plugged into mine for the extra storage and cost me <£100 from Amazon.

Not aware of any deals right now but if you follow "postabargain" on Twitter they tweet all the latest deals for tech related stuff.

Bought an Xbox at the weekend. Why do the cool dudes call it an xbone? Is it like the Porsche/porka thing..

Anyway. Argos- £315, 500gb (based on recommendations from members here) with Star Wars battlefield, Fifa 16 and tomb raider.

I was happy with that deal so I went for it

• Like 2