Squeaking dash

zedproud

Has anyone experienced squeaks and rattles coming from the dashboard? While driving a couple of days ago i heard irritating noises coming from the dash alternating between fairly quiet squeaks and loud rattles on my 55 zed.There is no apparent reason for these noises and at times can be heard above the radio.Any ideas anyone?.

Has anyone experienced squeaks and rattles coming from the dashboard?

its very common, unfortunately for a multitude of reasons as pingu says its difficult to pin down when its at the rear of the dash :blush:

if you can pinpoint it to trim then you can use draught excluder to cushion where trim contacts B)

Has anyone experienced squeaks and rattles coming from the dashboard? While driving a couple of days ago i heard irritating noises coming from the dash alternating between fairly quiet squeaks and loud rattles on my 55 zed.There is no apparent reason for these noises and at times can be heard above the radio.Any ideas anyone?.

Turn up the stereo. :D

Guest prescience
Why does it squeak and rattle? Because its a Nissan. :dry:

Exactly. Spend an extra £10k on a TT or a Z4M. Or put up with the squeek and spend your £10k on mods :teeth:

It's unlikely that it will cost £10k to sort a squeak and rattle and IMO the 2 cars identified are not worth the extra 10k - are they within 10k even, you decide :wacko::p

Exactly. Spend an extra £10k on a TT or a Z4M. Or put up with the squeek and spend your £10k on mods :teeth:

It's unlikely that it will cost £10k to sort a squeak and rattle and IMO the 2 cars identified are not worth the extra 10k - are they within 10k even, you decide :wacko::p

What you doing up grandad??? :p

I was thinking brand new prices. ;)

Guest prescience

R U pi**ed :p or stoopid, my argument is clear :teeth:

Obviously it wouldn't cost £10k to fix a sqeek which is why I said go with the zed!! Whether either of the other cars are worth the extra, only owners of both can comment, have you owned a TT or a Z4M? :bleh:

Hmm, so what is the consensus on the root cause of Nissan's "quality" issues?

1. Quality of materials

2. Design (or lack of it)

3. Shoddy workmanship

4. All of the above ( :dry: )

I don't want to pay porker or Audi prices, but if Toyota/Lexus can bolt stuff together properly there really is no excuse for Nissan. Personally, I think that the French influence is (sadly) starting to grow :blush:

1. Quality of materials

3. Shoddy workmanship

I don't want to pay porker or Audi prices, but if Toyota/Lexus can bolt stuff together properly there really is no excuse for Nissan. Personally, I think that the French influence is (sadly) starting to grow :blush:

I think the "actual" cost of the Zed is starting to show in the quality of the fittings...just remember this is a £14,000 or $28,000 car in the States, not the £28,000 way over inflated price we pay over here.. so compare the Zed with a £14K car in the UK and it stands comparison with most cars ;)

1. Quality of materials

3. Shoddy workmanship

I think the "actual" cost of the Zed is starting to show in the quality of the fittings...just remember this is a £14,000 or $28,000 car in the States, not the £28,000 way over inflated price we pay over here.. so compare the Zed with a £14K car in the UK and it stands comparison with most cars ;)

Its worth how much in the US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scare:

Its disgusting how much we are ripped off over here. I bet people on the dole get 50% off cars or a car bursary too"!"! :rant:

Hmm, not so sure. The $27,980 starting price buys you not a lot (e.g. Brembo brakes anybody?) and then you've got the whole market dynamics thing in the US where "everything is cheaper". Still doesn't excuse build quality IMO :)

:lol: He's back :lol:

Hmm, not so sure. The $27,980 starting price buys you not a lot (e.g. Brembo brakes anybody?) and then you've got the whole market dynamics thing in the US where "everything is cheaper". Still doesn't excuse build quality IMO :)

I realise that nothing excuses poor build quality, but you cant expect £30k build on a £14k car :) , but I dont think I mean build quality just poorer quality materials used

the materials used where two plastic trim parts meet is useless, its a very thin strip of sticky back furry tape which soon wears through allowing the parts to grate on each other and squeak like a mouse on heat ! this coupled with the fact that most of the trim is not screwed together, only held together with clips

its suprising how much trim you can remove without the use of any tools :scare:

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for your replies to my question,looks like i will just have to put up with the noises.Thinking about it though,the noises only started after the car had been stood and garaged for two weeks previousley it had been kept outside.Maybe any dampness has completley dried and this is the cause.