New member, new to 370z scene and advice appreciated!

Last I looked, the cheapest Mk1 Nismo on Autotrader was 28k, 63 plate, so even with a sizeable negotiated discount, it'll probs be @ £26.5-£26k. That's about as much as you would pay for a pre registered/1 year old standard.

Anyway, HFCs, I had slight probs with my last 70, think sipar had too, of a CEL, after several resets, I took the HFCs off. They're not needed for a louder noise on a lot of systems for the 70. Mine being an example (Ark GRiP) as for adding a few ponies, hmm, if they did, I never noticed, my jury is out on that one.

£1500-2000 for an exhaust is way too much to spend, even my Akro wasn't near as expensive as that, include the HFCs and yeah maybe nudge toward £1500, but for a meaty, beaty, big and bouncy exhaust, budget @£1k-1100, much less with a custom ;). There might be second hand ones out there as well, taken off when owners move on.

When you add in Labour for removing the old exhaust and fitting the new one you'd struggle to get that done for under 1500 quid with HFCs. 2k for some of the fancier exhausts. re the Nismo mk1 I'm sure you could find a 20k mile minter for 24 grand or less.

The fact that the one we are favouring already has the Milltek gives me 2 options really, try the hfc route and see if I'm happy or have a custom system made/buy an alternative and sell the Milltek. I think I'll try the latter first, I wasnt a fan of the sound of the Milltek on the GT86/BRZ's, resonated or not!

I'm not a fan of fully de-catting (although I have done in the past, the BRZ's second cat was terribly restrictive and the AVO turbo kit deleted the first cat) so if the hfc route may throw up the same CEL issues then I might not bother. I need the car to be reliable.

Currently speaking with Chris @ Tarmac so I'll see what I fancy trying when the time comes and Simon's Custom Exhausts have done a few for me in the past and I've always been happy with his work.

May call in for a wee peek at yours G man on Friday if that's convenient with yourself? Should be there around 6.30?

CEL nothing to do with reliability just a reading outside specified tolerances because you changed a part. Either OBD reset with the dongle if it bothers you, Uprev (has other benefits too) or put some black tape over the lamp.

Remind me never to let you near my car with a spanner in your hand...

• Like 1

CEL nothing to do with reliability just a reading outside specified tolerances because you changed a part. Either OBD reset with the dongle if it bothers you, Uprev (has other benefits too) or put some black tape over the lamp.

I had the car uprevved, still done it.

Still no joy. Not 100% happy with the one yesterday so looks like findiing the right car is going to take some time.

Not in a rush to buy so happy to wait.... for now!

Thanks everyone for the valuable info :)

• 2 weeks later...

A nice looking Gt Edition on the trader this morning mate, thats if the lady likes yellow.

Although I fear the owner may have wiffy pits by the number of smelly trees hanging from the rear view mirror.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers, but we have stopped looking for now. We've agreed that we want a Nismo Mk1 and we know of a good one that might be coming up for sale so we're on hold at the moment!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Bit of a thread revival and update….

After months of deliberation we finally bought a 370z!

Picking it up this Saturday, it’s a 2010, red, 49000 miles with full history, unmodified, 2 owner, entry level model and a 1 year cared4 warranty. The story we got from the Nissan Dealer was that the previous owner had the car 4 years and had to trade, due to poor health, in favour of a Juke. Just wondered if that story sounds familiar to anyone or if the car is known on here? Southampton area…

Nothing major planned for the car, it needs a set of Rays due to the current “standard†alloys and an exhaust, nothing too loud or showy, just needs to sound a bit more purposeful – will probably have a custom system done by Simon’s in East Kilbride. It’ll be my wife’s daily drive so needs to remain useable without annoying the neighbours at 7am.

Looking forward to getting to know the car and I’m sure I’ll bump into some of you over the coming months.

Cheers

Rab

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybjmr9e54t99gpw/370z5.jpg?dl=0

I know how you feel,I had the same problem picking up a 350 roadster and the forum helped me,by the way simon does all my work as well, and I use Chris at tarmac and Chris at dynamic tuning in east kilbride.

CHEERS :thumbs::D

• Like 2

Thanks!

Yeah, Simon has done a few bits n bobs for me over the years so will go see him first. My other option was to go for the Ark Grip as Mrs fatrab really liked the sound of G-Man's rear end :lol:

I've dealt with Chris @ Tarmac loads through another owners club and he's always been great to deal with, never used Dynamic but good to know there's a local garage who know the cars!

Cheers - will get some more photo's up once we've picked it up!!