New member, new to 370z scene and advice appreciated!

get black. Sipar has no idea what he is talking about ;)

16592180973_661621b8ce_z.jpg

17211218612_91b1651f8d_z.jpg

:p :p :p :p

Couple of le mans blues on auto trader currently fella plus an awesome black edition in quartz with red leather. Mrs Fatrab would be happy with that. ��

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quite the opposite! We saw the Black Edition advertised, it's not too far from us, but she doesn't like the red leather! Saw the 2 blues, 1 has too many miles and the other is in Ireland.

We're going to look at a white Nismo next weekend if it's not sold by then. Failing that possibly a trip over the pond to see the low mileage blue one.

Oh the joys of car hunting!!

Lol - exactly this - I'm always wary about buying ex-demos!!

My Nismo was an ex demo with less than 2000 miles on it and it's been great. Bear in mind that even if you get a Nismo the exhaust note is still fairly tame; it's better than the standard car's exhaust but not sufficient for such a distinctive looking car. Budget roughly a grand for a relplacement and another £400-£500 if you want to add high flow cats, then a further £400 for an uprev (which has made a big difference to throttle response o mine).

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the 2013/14 Nismo. (I definitely recommend it!). :)

DSC00037_zpsprw16uqm.jpg

DSC00039_zps7hnocqbo.jpg

Do you have a sound clip?

Only a start up I'm afraid - shortly after installation of the Stillen CBE and Cobra HFCs. Works well for me - fairly civilised to about 3000 rpm but then quite shouty and a nice growl on downshifts :)

http://vid1294.photobucket.com/albums/b617/sipar69/IMG_0051_zps6f192cb4.mp4

• Like 1

get black. Sipar has no idea what he is talking about ;)

16592180973_661621b8ce_z.jpg

17211218612_91b1651f8d_z.jpg

It's not me that you need to convince! And she who must be obeyed wants a white one! I ain't brave enough to argue with her, I dont want the rolling pin treatment again.... :lol:

• Like 2

Firstly, thanks again for all the great info you've all given me.

Been to see another today, the blue one in stratstone doncaster.

Please, if anyone is thinking of going to see that car - do not waste your time. It is utter scrap.

The bodywork is untidy, poor paint job on front bumper and n/s sill, scratches and swirl marks all over, major swirl marks in fact, dull paint, rust on drivers door at the weather strip, oxidised alloys, heavily worn interior, poor service history and 4 owners to boot. It felt quite "loose" and the exhaust is unbearably loud.

You guessed it - it's a NO from me.

Why do dealerships feel this overwhelming desire to misinterpret the English dictionary? Immaculate, impeccable and even good-condition should have a certain standard where applied to cars!

Feel like suing them for the wasted time and fuel today lol

Yes, it was truly that bad. If it had history but was a bit untidy I could've worked with it. I used to repair salvage so I know enough folk in the trade to get by, but this was unbelievably shocking! Pictures are not to be trusted, that's the second one we've seen where the photos are not representative of the car! I'm more concerned that the sales staff will lie through their teeth just to get you on their forecourt!

No, she's not absolute about the blue. We've another 2 to see this week, white and grey.

Fingers crossed....

@The G Man, thank you for taking the time to show Mrs fatrab your car today, she's very impressed! I fear you may have just cost me a few extra quid....

@davetstan, I hope you are correct and a decent blue surfaces very soon, otherwise I may well be sucked into nismoland

• Like 1

Having never set foot in a 370 until 5 days ago I fear jumping in at the deep end may be an unwise move. But I've had a few fast jap-scraps in the past so maybe "feet first" is the answer?

Currently in negotiations...... (With Mrs fatrab)

Need to experience a few more before we decide the right course of action!

@The G Man, thank you for taking the time to show Mrs fatrab your car today, she's very impressed! I fear you may have just cost me a few extra quid....

@davetstan, I hope you are correct and a decent blue surfaces very soon, otherwise I may well be sucked into nismoland

Haha, no problem, seen her face light up as soon as I started it up, think she liked the sound ;)

Come up and have a look at the weekend when you're up the road, I'll be about till Sunday :thumbs:, just drop me txt :)

• Like 1

Thanks mate, were going to AllFord on Sun up in Aberdeen and visiting a nismo en route so it'll need to be Friday night/Saturday; Jan has nothing but compliments for your car though, and I think we have a plan...

Thanks mate, were going to AllFord on Sun up in Aberdeen and visiting a nismo en route so it'll need to be Friday night/Saturday; Jan has nothing but compliments for your car though, and I think we have a plan...

:thumbs: always good to have a plan ;). Friday night or Saturday, whatever suits buddy, I'll not be far from the door, as I say, just drop me a txt :)

• Like 1

Check this one out on trader, it comes with a free lady 😄

eab92b1c3536cc32cc9fa8423c5e0110.jpgad31a377ff0cdf6c06cf4328b55dcb76.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I did see that, interesting sales pitch! She's not my type.... would prefer blue if it's not a nis!

I think the pre 14 bodywork looks gash but if you have to get one they look best in mugello blue. The black edition has a nice interior though. Post 14 they made some subtle improvements to the front bumper and alloys. Best colour is dark blue with anthracite alloys, looks smart. Failing that the MkI Nismo with added ChavWing looks best, in white or black. I went with the batman version in the end and it has awesome presence. Budgeting £1500-2000 for exhaust enhancements is absolutely essential though. Don't buy a 370z if you can't commit to this.

Edited by Dynamic Turtle

Realistically, I think the Nismo is out of the equation for now. It would've been a Mk1 as we both like the big-winged hooligan!

So the plan is to find the best value, well looked after, low mileage 370z possible, keep it clean and get a feel for the car with a view to upgrading 12-18 months down the line. On Friday we are going back to see the first one I looked at, so all going well it could be a contender.

It has a resonated Milltek fitted but was a little too tame for me, so the exhaust will be a definite first mod.

Mrs fatrab doesn't like the red interior in the Black Edition. Haven't seen a dark blue MY2014 yet go best get googlling....

Cheers!

Fair enough but I think you'll be very pleasantly surprised by the discounts on new and nearly new Nismos, and the discounts you can engineer second hand, particularly for the MkI.

Re the resonated Miltek absolutely no need to change it - just add Berk or Miltek high-flow catalytic converters and it will sound amazing. It's the cats choking the noise not the exhaust. Will add a few ponies too.

• Like 1

Last I looked, the cheapest Mk1 Nismo on Autotrader was 28k, 63 plate, so even with a sizeable negotiated discount, it'll probs be @ £26.5-£26k. That's about as much as you would pay for a pre registered/1 year old standard.

Anyway, HFCs, I had slight probs with my last 70, think sipar had too, of a CEL, after several resets, I took the HFCs off. They're not needed for a louder noise on a lot of systems for the 70. Mine being an example (Ark GRiP) as for adding a few ponies, hmm, if they did, I never noticed, my jury is out on that one.

£1500-2000 for an exhaust is way too much to spend, even my Akro wasn't near as expensive as that, include the HFCs and yeah maybe nudge toward £1500, but for a meaty, beaty, big and bouncy exhaust, budget @£1k-1100, much less with a custom ;). There might be second hand ones out there as well, taken off when owners move on.

• Like 1

The fact that the one we are favouring already has the Milltek gives me 2 options really, try the hfc route and see if I'm happy or have a custom system made/buy an alternative and sell the Milltek. I think I'll try the latter first, I wasnt a fan of the sound of the Milltek on the GT86/BRZ's, resonated or not!

I'm not a fan of fully de-catting (although I have done in the past, the BRZ's second cat was terribly restrictive and the AVO turbo kit deleted the first cat) so if the hfc route may throw up the same CEL issues then I might not bother. I need the car to be reliable.

Currently speaking with Chris @ Tarmac so I'll see what I fancy trying when the time comes and Simon's Custom Exhausts have done a few for me in the past and I've always been happy with his work.

May call in for a wee peek at yours G man on Friday if that's convenient with yourself? Should be there around 6.30?