Over fenders

Swiftyy

So I've got 12j et0 rota GTR-D on the back and with camber I'm not 100% happy with it. I thought camber would look good (which IMO does look good) it's not overly functional lol.

I'm looking at getting some over fenders so I can cut out my original arches and bolt them on.

I've been looking at the Stardast over fenders but can only see them available from Japan, same story with other over fenders but stateside.

I believe I need 20-30mm extension on the rear but would be happy with wider as I can always slap on some spacers.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

So I've got 12j et0 rota GTR-D on the back and with camber I'm not 100% happy with it. I thought camber would look good (which IMO does look good) it's not overly functional lol.

I'm looking at getting some over fenders so I can cut out my original arches and bolt them on.

I've been looking at the Stardast over fenders but can only see them available from Japan, same story with other over fenders but stateside.

I believe I need 20-30mm extension on the rear but would be happy with wider as I can always slap on some spacers.

If anyone could point me in the right direction that would be great!

there is a stardust distributor in germany but from what i understand they order from japan on your behalf and get them sent to you so might aswell order them from RHD japan yourself

or go veilside replica

Edited by StevoD

I expect nothing but sarcastic useless comments from Grundy lmao!

Just wondered if there was anyone on here that have gone down that route for advice or even if someone distributes them on here.

Thanks StevoD. Always get a helpful answer from you :) Yeah that's what I'm looking to do with mine more or less.

Just wondered if there was anyone on here that have gone down that route for advice or even if someone distributes them on here.

Thanks StevoD. Always get a helpful answer from you :) Yeah that's what I'm looking to do with mine more or less.

YAY GO ME!

Also grundy wasnt being mean or sarcastic grundy has spend hours looking into and is probably the best person to speak to about it

when ever this topic arises 99% of the forum call it a cheap tacky solution to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

YAY GO ME!

Also grundy wasnt being mean or sarcastic grundy has spend hours looking into and it probably the best person to speak to about it

when ever this topic arises 99% of the forum call it a cheap tacky solution to a problem that shouldn't exist in the first place

:lol: +1000000 TWELVE INCH WHEELS ARE TOO WIDE! BUY WHEELS THAT FIT! and so on :lol: :lol: :lol:

Going to look a bit odd if you just do the rears imho, if that was your plan?

Perhaps have a word with Docwra as he had had his modded to suit.

The initial plan was to get some over fenders for the rear and blend them in to look 'oem' but further discussion with a friend and planning we realised this won't work or look right due to removing bumpers and side skirts. So now will be doing front and rear fenders :)

YAY GO ME!

Also grundy wasnt being mean or sarcastic grundy has spend hours looking into and is probably the best person to speak to about it

Perhaps his comment was taken the wrong way. I understand people have their opinions but when someone comes to the forum for genuine help they should respect that whether it's something they would do to their car or not :)

Ideally I'm looking for over fenders that are ready to paint and bolt on. But I do know someone that fabricates aluminium and steel for vintage cars bodywork so could get some custom ones made up.

In the process of doing mine.

Are you getting custom over fenders made up bud? How are you going about it?

The initial plan was to get some over fenders for the rear and blend them in to look 'oem' but further discussion with a friend and planning we realised this won't work or look right due to removing bumpers and side skirts. So now will be doing front and rear fenders :)

YAY GO ME!

Perhaps his comment was taken the wrong way. I understand people have their opinions but when someone comes to the forum for genuine help they should respect that whether it's something they would do to their car or not :)

Ideally I'm looking for over fenders that are ready to paint and bolt on. But I do know someone that fabricates aluminium and steel for vintage cars bodywork so could get some custom ones made up.

Nice apology.
  • Like 1

YAY GO ME!

Nice apology.

Take it whatever way you want to Grundy. I'm not trying to be horrible or disrespectful. The way that you came across didn't seem helpful, just more of a dig because it's not something you would do to your own car. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but that's the way I believe you came across. I mean no offence and I apologise if any was taken :)

if you appreciate good customer service i would avoid knight racer

Oh really? Damn. I emailed JDMFlares but not got anything back. Any others to recommend? I contacted Stardast but at £1,400 for the kit I'm going to give that one a miss lol