Over fenders

Swiftyy

I guess I should stick an oar in here. BTW, this is my car if you didnt know:

IMAG0311_zps0e22b2e7.jpg

When I was looking at fitting the wheels I looking into the various fender options and found that there were a few +30mm front fenders but next to nothing for the rear that didnt look gash. See here: http://www.duraflexb...-350z/duraflex/ - for reference my fronts are 10J ET -43 and the rears are 11.5 ET -15 (ish), I reckon my arches are about +70mm.

Your realistic options are either to get the arches pulled and flared LIKE THE LORD, get metal ones made or buy a full widebody kit (which I also think looks pretty gash but each to their own) ............ or you could buy wheels that fit, but who wants to do that?? :lol:

Edited by docwra
  • Like 1

if you appreciate good customer service i would avoid knight racer

Oh really? Damn. I emailed JDMFlares but not got anything back. Any others to recommend? I contacted Stardast but at £1,400 for the kit I'm going to give that one a miss lol

Customer service AND fit, knightracer is renowned for being hideous, especially if they are "universal".

I think the AMS ones Stevo posted are by the far the nicest and most complimentary, love the cut out front wings, but a member on here who bought the ams kit had to have extensive work carried out to get them to fit well. I dont wish to sound rude (not trying to be), but if you think this is going to be a cheap exercise you dont appreciate the amount of work needed, unless of course it just some rivet on flares.

Nothings going to be cheap swiftyy if you want to it to look decent.

Damn that's thrown a spanner in the works lol. Both look awesome! So are your read arches pulled? Because you have got some crazy extra room back there! Best I have found is 54mm all round.

Just going to check out those fenders you've found StevoD :)

if you appreciate good customer service i would avoid knight racer

Oh really? Damn. I emailed JDMFlares but not got anything back. Any others to recommend? I contacted Stardast but at £1,400 for the kit I'm going to give that one a miss lol

Customer service AND fit, knightracer is renowned for being hideous, especially if they are "universal".

I think the AMS ones Stevo posted are by the far the nicest and most complimentary, love the cut out front wings, but a member on here who bought the ams kit had to have extensive work carried out to get them to fit well. I dont wish to sound rude (not trying to be), but if you think this is going to be a cheap exercise you dont appreciate the amount of work needed, unless of course it just some rivet on flares.

Nothings going to be cheap swiftyy if you want to it to look decent.

I totally understand that buddy and no offence taken :) Initially I was looking at bolt on over fenders and cutting the arch away to allow for extra room. Trying to weigh up my options and decide which route I'm going to take. I do agree the over fenders Stevo found do look awesome and perhaps a chat with the bodyshop may reveal an estimated cost to carry out the work. I'm just in too deep to turn back now after spending out so much already on wheels, tyres and arms and what ever else I've thrown my money at lol. Just want to complete it now

Be wary of estimates until the have the product in hand to see the fitment, sorry to be a doom monger but too many times in the past have i been caught out on estimates on fitting aftermarket stuff :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

Yeah that is true. I have had a look at the AMS rear over fenders but can't find any measurments.

I was going to have my arches cut away and bolt on over fenders but now have more options like pulling the arches and flaring, the AMS kit and god knows what else.

Docwra if you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost you to have yours pulled and flared?

My fronts don't need much more room to fit, it's just the rear end that need a fair bit of extra room.

I may be wrong but doc had metal arches fitted / welded not just a rolled / flared . If it were me I would get them aggressively flared and rolled and see where you're at after that .

More than that, they were designed, fabricated and fitted and then the bodykit was modified as well, it was a little more involved than a bit of archwork. Ive had previous cars where the fenders have been drilled and then pulled from the swage line down, its pretty impressive what a skilled feller can do :)

If I were you, Id be scouring www.rimtuck.com and see what can be done, if youve already admitted to yourself youre going to have to have archwork then half the battle has already been won. Oh, and my car is for sale if youre interested too ;)

ETA: IMO, JUN style arch extenders like on the grey one look shyte, thats a lot of work for not a lot of gain.

Edited by docwra

Yeah that did cross my mind stevo. I don't want to run stretch anymore because of the legal side of it and little if any camber on the rear.

Perhaps extending my arches isn't as simple as I thought it would be and maybe forking out for another pair of wheels is the right choice.

Do you know if Ash has to run camber/stretch with et20?

Yeah that did cross my mind stevo. I don't want to run stretch anymore because of the legal side of it and little if any camber on the rear.

Perhaps extending my arches isn't as simple as I thought it would be and maybe forking out for another pair of wheels is the right choice.

think he had to run a 265 tyes cant recall anything about camber tho

I believe he's now running a 295 from his Instagram? Just want to be 100% certain before I fork out for another set of wheels. I have messages him previously but ignored me lol.

I just don't want to run stretch or camber anymore so I get the handling back. Or as little stretch as possible?

I believe he's now running a 295 from his Instagram? Just want to be 100% certain before I fork out for another set of wheels. I have messages him previously but ignored me lol.

I just don't want to run stretch or camber anymore so I get the handling back. Or as little stretch as possible?

get news wheel honestly its easier even if you run a 10 in the rear and a 9 up front

I got 10j et12 up front and they fit pretty well. What about running an 11j at the rear?

put that 10 on the rear and get a 9 up front then some wide tyres and dial out your camber

What about 10 front and rear or would that handle like a bag of poop?

Think I will loose the dish with a 9j right?