370z nismo roadster, Nissan please put it into production!

350zroadsterGT

350zroadsterGT will you stop doing this to me :rant:

The wife is threatening divorce and the bank manager is far from pleased.

It's also available in 7 speed auto with paddles if you look closely :)

I think it maybe time to see how much my Pagoda is worth or the Infiniti :scare:

How much I want one of these in storm white.

Edited by 350ZRDev
  • Like 1

It's a bit academic for the UK - AFAIK they're not selling new 370 Roadsters in the UK at all . . . . . .

" . . . . .Too low volumes, not worth our while maintaining the range . . . ." :blush:

Maybe someone on here with dealer connections can confirm / refute this?

Not going to happen. I know i've said this a few times on the forum but 2 years ago the local Nissan performance car salesman stated Nissan UK had only sold 15 (or could have been 50) 370 roadsters UK wide that year, there is no demand so they no longer sell them.

This might have changed but i cant see it being financially viable. They hardly sell many 370s, let alone roadsters.

• Like 1

It's not goung to be sold in the States either. I spoke to a dealer over there when asking about the spare wheel in a Nismo.

Will is right if you look at the Nissan sales figures for 2014 they sold 6 roadsters. In 2013 they sold 7.........

Total 350Z's left on the roads as of this year = 7008

Total 370Z's left on the roads as of this year =1892 (and rising)

Bear in mind both models have been on sale for about seven years each, and even taking into consideration JDM's - sales figures for the 370Z are not as good as the 350Z.

Using the 'how many left' website.

I don't think they got the shape right with the 370 roadster, the rear quarters are too high it looks a little ungainly, I have always preferred the 350 roadster and the 370 coupe, good excuse to have one of each I suppose.

The new nismo roadsters side profile just looked better with the bigger rear wing it sort of evened it out a little and overall I preferred the look.

Just gonna have to be a coupe then.

Did the Nismo engineer at JFE Exeter have much technical information on it when you spoke to him?

He just said he had seen the specs and images that Nissan had released through the network.

Mine will be ordered in red...

Was mine there yet????? - the one with a roof!!! :lol: :lol:

I don't think they got the shape right with the 370 roadster, the rear quarters are too high it looks a little ungainly, I have always preferred the 350 roadster and the 370 coupe, good excuse to have one of each I suppose.

The new nismo roadsters side profile just looked better with the bigger rear wing it sort of evened it out a little and overall I preferred the look.

Just gonna have to be a coupe then.

I'd have to disagree with you one that one, Rosie's rear looks mighty fine

• Like 2

It's not goung to be sold in the States either. I spoke to a dealer over there when asking about the spare wheel in a Nismo.

Will is right if you look at the Nissan sales figures for 2014 they sold 6 roadsters. In 2013 they sold 7.........

Bear in mind both models have been on sale for about seven years each, and even taking into consideration JDM's - sales figures for the 370Z are not as good as the 350Z.

I think the last time I checked there were only about 160 Nismos registered (both variants) which suggests you'd need a microscope to spot the number of these they'd sell.

• Like 1

I think the last time I checked there were only about 160 Nismos registered (both variants) which suggests you'd need a microscope to spot the number of these they'd sell.

And how many of these are 1) white? 2) ex demonstrators?

Mine''s a keeper​​ anyway but with numbers that low its probably not long till they become a bit of a classic. I wonder how many of those 7008 & 1892 cars are still original factory spec? Not many I suspect as nearly everyone has got an aftermarket exhaust, stubby aerial, upgraded stereo, wheel spacers or a induction kit of some kind? Admittedly all intended to improve the car now but when the cars are another 20-30 years old an original will rare as "rocking horse s#it"!

Hence the reason I have never seen a used 2013 or 2014 Roadster advertised for sale in the year I have been browsing.

Are they still selling them in Japan?

Mine''s a keeper​​ anyway but with numbers that low its probably not long till they become a bit of a classic. I wonder how many of those 7008 & 1892 cars are still original factory spec? Not many I suspect as nearly everyone has got an aftermarket exhaust, stubby aerial, upgraded stereo, wheel spacers or a induction kit of some kind? Admittedly all intended to improve the car now but when the cars are another 20-30 years old an original will rare as "rocking horse s#it"!

...and worth about 47p.

• Like 1

...and worth about 47p.

Ha! ;)

That said, good 90s celicas, supras and Mitzi 3000 GTOs arnt cheap any more. :boxing:

...and worth about 47p.

Ha! ;)

That said, good 90s celicas, supras and Mitzi 3000 GTOs arnt cheap any more. :boxing:

Dude ........ Celicas are 10 a penny, 3000GTOs are makign a bit but only because most have rusted or been barryed past the point of no return.

Supras are probably the single most iconic Japanese sports coupe (Skyline was a sedan ;)) ever produced and the engines and gearboxes are still as good as it gets, of course they are going to be worth a bit.

The 370 is a 2nd gen car that didnt really catch on, maybe an absolutely mint stock one with <10K miles will be worth a bit in 15 years but theres myriad other cars that will be a better investment :)

I cant see any major changes to the 370 now either, its getting a bit long in the tooth and I reckon they need a blank piece of paper next time round :)

Yep I agree, "modded" cars are indeed all over the place and range from a few hundred quid to maybe 5-6k, but I can't remember the last time i saw a "good" original, low mileage car (that wasn't an import). Again loads of 3000s, mostly non turbo versions, but most with problems with their extensive and complicated electrical systems especially the active aeros, but there's one on autotrader (non turbo) for 20k

Its just experience that tells me that if you have the space to keep a car and look after it, it will appreciate. I used to have a 5.7L 1973 transam, then I had a 5.0 1973 mustang mach 1 fastback, both were sold for a few grand, had I kept them both I'd have got considerably more, and I had the space to do so, certainly I haven't found an even half descent one recently for less than 15k.

Mk 1 XR3i sold for £1100 in 1996 (and aweful to drive compared to the zed), try and get a good one now and its 10k plus, autotrader has a mk2 for £30k!

I'm still sure that good 350s and 370s, especially any special editions, won't take long to bottom out.

but there's one on autotrader (non turbo) for 20k

Its not sold for £20K though has it? ;) I take it youve never visited http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/ ? :lol:

Its just experience that tells me that if you have the space to keep a car and look after it, it will appreciate. I used to have a 5.7L 1973 transam, then I had a 5.0 1973 mustang mach 1 fastback, both were sold for a few grand, had I kept them both I'd have got considerably more,

And how many cars have you owned where you could have stored them for 10 years and made absolutely nothing? Its all relative at the end of the day, like I say you may well be able to make a bit on a 370Z, but how much are you going to make on a Porsche Boxster Spyder, or a BMW 1M for instance?

We had a thread the other day listing future classics and there are a few good suggestions, sadly I dont think the 370Z was one of them :)