370z nismo roadster, Nissan please put it into production!

350zroadsterGT

The 370 is a 2nd gen car that didnt really catch on.

Whilst I have rarely felt even the slightest reason to take issue with your contributions, on the subject of the 370 not really catching on......there are very good reasons for that, IMO.

During the days of the DE engined cars being bought new it was not only arguably the best drivers car, pound for pound, that money could buy during 2003-2006 in the UK at the time, it was a relatively cheap to import in terms of the value of the pound against the yen. With the world's finances going into meltdown just before the 370 was released it didn't stand a chance added to which by that time importing Jap cars was just not a a financial goer. How many imported 370's have we heard about compared to the thousands of 350's that made these shores?

But also car technology, 'greening' outlawing gas guzzlers, and simply most feeling the pinch from 2008 onwards meant the 370 never really stood a chance of making the sales the 350 achieved. I also remember when I first saw the 370 pics it did not exactly enthuse me but once I got behind the wheel at Nissan's race academy invite at Silverstone in 2009 for me, and many others since, my mind changed and personally I found its extra creature comforts and yes, the looks that got more more favourable comments than my previous 350's attracted, helped me to feel I was in something very special. I got very, very close to going down the Amuse kit and supercharge route but for personal reasons a change to something that had 4 seats....and yes with decent performance, saw me saying a sad goodbye that even to date, has given me the best (road) driving experience I have enjoyed in all my car ownership over 50 years.

Just saying....... :surrender::lol:

• Like 3

Cracking post :thumbs:

And youre right, the 370 was released bang in the middle of everyone running for the hills from their juicy sportsters and trying to find the most economical thing possible, a grunty 4l 2 seater isnt that.

I also think it lost out because it wasnt a major step forward over the 350Z in styling or (arguably) dynamics and a lot of people just went for the cheaper one, bear in mind the oldest 350's were nearly 7 years old when the 370 came out, I know I didnt really see it as enough of an improvement to put my hand in my pocket at the time.

I still cant see it ever being a "classic" though :(

Are there any other examples of cars that didnt get the acclaim or sales they should have done do you think?

As regards other examples, I really could not say as for the past 10 years my focus has been on the 350/370's. Yes there are all sorts of supercars I lust over but pockets are not deep enough apart from the in-house financial advisor getting worried her handbag supply might drop :lol:

OK, so the dynamics were not much changed compared to the 350, but then out of the box both models in standard guise for most users are very enjoyable road cars - never the quickest due to the weight but absolutely great for both long drives and throwing around the lanes when the mood took you. Having taken the 370 around Knockhill it became very apparent that to really push a lot of suspension/brake upgrades are necessary as I found with passenger laps with members on here whose know-how as to what works and what doesn't has proved.

Over the years as the 350s and now the 370's secondhand prices have become more affordable and for those who enjoy track time it has been good to see the various upgrades to get more from the cars. For me in 2009 the 370 was a no-brainer given what I had enjoyed with the 350s. The forum friendships and drives/meets that came into my life, meant I had something new to enjoy as I was getting increasingingly concerned about the oil consumption of the rev-up engines. The adoption of the HR engine was a real attraction and had, at that time, the right s/h 350HR popped up for sale I may have gone that route. But now there is no obvious upgrade for me - yes the 2nd generation Nismo is stunning in my eyes but as my 370 with the exhaust/uprev was putting out similar power spending another £20k or so on a largely cosmetic upgrade was not on....even if the need the 4 seats had not been a need. :shrug:

The '45 puts a grin on my face with race start and AWD meaning there is not much out there that can live with it :drive1 when the mood takes, but one thing it doesn't do well is get me into 350/370 meets/drives. And after two years production its following has yet to get anywhere near what we see on here despite tuned versions getting down to the mid 3 seconds for the 0-60. Hence, why you still have me hanging arouind in here :winkiss::lol:

• Like 1

The A45 AMG is pretty special and priced accordingly. I vividly recall one flying past me on my last nurburgring visit, at what could only be described as a "certain death" angle. 4WD and those wizard differentials are the automotive equivalent of rails it seems. Very cool car and I was in the market so a super premium hatch / 4 seats it's got to be up there. Looks and sounds much more menacing than anything from VAG too.