Jump to content

Ekona

Members
  • Posts

    30,962
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ekona

  1. And I know it's easier said than done cutting contact completely, but the quicker you do it the quicker you can have your own life back. Ultimately, that's the most important thing here.
  2. Ditch completely and move on. It never, ever works to keep seeing them if you're the one with the feelings. Ever. The lad will get over it. It's his mum's job to make sure he's okay, not yours: I know that seems harsh, but right now you have to look after yourself. If you're in no fit state, then kids will pick up on that and you'll make everyone miserable and him confused. You could write him a letter and try and explain things, but only you will know whether this is the right call and whether he will accept it.
  3. Although only if I don't set the alarm off again
  4. I so need your bike.
  5. How do you find the amp modelling on that? Do you run it via the Marshall, or direct to PC/PA?
  6. That sounds a bit low to me, plus the noise test is carried out at 4800rpm.
  7. Marvellous, cheers fella.
  8. Marvellous, cheers bud. I was planning on giving them a call later this week so they can get a few ready for me, and then get there for when they open as I bet it's chaos otherwise How's the parking round there? Will prob take the Scoob rather than the Bummer.
  9. Ekona

    370Z Nismo

    Same with any car really though.
  10. Heh, it was Andertons I was planning on going to as well, they seem to have the biggest range of stock within a sensible radius. Well, Peach are closer to me by miles, but their range isn't as wide any more and they've moved significantly upmarket in terms of what they offer. I'm not that good either, but having been used to £400 guitars for years and then getting the Mustang which was an £800 one, the difference was night and day and worth every penny. I don't mind spending the extra on something that's right, but only if it is right. You're definitely right about paying unplugged first, for me the thing has to feel 'right' in the hands as it could sound like an angel weeping tears of joy when cranked up, but if it's not comfy then there's just no point.
  11. Not being funny mate, but you do this an awful lot and sometimes it might be nice to actually hear your opinion on things. There's no right or wrong, but it helps stimulate a thread if you do pass comment as well.
  12. What do you think?
  13. Dan isn't fussed if others are spectacularly wrong
  14. Cat C is purely given on financial cost grounds to repair. Cat B is where things get cheeky with substantial damage to the main structure, hence why you can no longer register a car with the DVLA for a V5 (doesn't mean they're illegal to sell or own though). Cat C does not have to under a VIC inspection. That was removed about 18 months ago. No idea why you think a scratched car should be a Cat B
  15. Because I take note of the latest beta gameplay. Less than one month from release, and it looks like that. Nothing in there is remotely fixable in time, especially given that many of the issues there have been there since the alpha. This is an absolute disaster of a game.
  16. Also looks absolutely dreadful and broken to hell.
  17. Just pop a new *decent* cone filter on. K&N, Green etc.
  18. Destiny would be my recommendation. Designed from the ground up for exactly what you're after.
  19. None. Clearly states the 296bhp, and shows the engine bay with the single intake.
  20. Definitely
  21. The engine put into the 350 originally. DE - DE Revup - HR
  22. I didn't mean to knock the Epiphones, I had a much-loved Riviera for many years Am going to pop out next week to go test some, just trying to form some kind of opinion before I go really so I don't go in totally blind
  23. Quick one for folks, does anyone have any experience with both Explorer and Les Pauls? I know they're very different guitars, but ignoring tone how different do they feel to play? For both rhythm and lead stuff, preferably Gibson spec but I'll take input from Epiphone players too Standing as well as sitting, if possible. I spent over three hours yesterday properly setting up the tones on the RP1000 too, and I'm so glad I did. I take back everything I said about it, as all it needed was some tweaks to the on-board equaliser and everything comes alive! Much fuller tones now, the Boogie DR setting is seriously impressive, and the the TR one is face melting! Some wonderful clean tones from the Vox AC30 setting too, full and bright. Best thing to do I found was to set the actual amp to midway on all the tone knobs, then just use the RP1000 via the PC to adjust settings on the fly. Fiddly but with pretty much unlimited options. I was all set to drop some serious money on a new amp, but now I really have no need to.
  24. I'm never moving house ever again. Ever. How people do it over and over again I've no idea, packing boxes is soul destroying and the stress is just off the chart, especially now mortgage companies are bellends after the new rules were brought in.
  25. Correct.
×
×
  • Create New...