Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. It`s the members that make it
  2. This is Madmarky`s trade mark, He should have copyrighted it
  3. I have a couple that were on my car when I bought it, there in my garage somewhere, I`ll dig them out & if there in good condition you can have them for the cost of the posatage
  4. WOW a Fire engine, I want one I`m sorry to hear about your seats, if you have no joy Gliptone is your friend, if your scared of doing it I don`t mind helping you out, I`ve done plenty of repairs & refurbs now. Actually I`ve got an Aston Martin Vanquish S to do next week with two tone Red & Black seats ( A full clean * re-dye of the leather interior & an exterior detail after I`ve given it the once over down my nearest B-road, apparently it will do over 200mph
  5. Yes I agree, I log in twice a day just to check up on this thread, I`ve now had to order a load of bits for my car to keep me occupied
  6. Yes that may be a better product, after using it to clean I then rinsed with soapy water to remove the acid, Also I`ve heard the dishwasher powder is good for cleaning milled ali, but not tried it myself
  7. Not quite as the Uprev tune will be done again once shes Blown
  8. For cleaning the unpainted ali parts, I used a diluted wheel cleaner mixture, & a brush with plenty of elbow grease. I did try a steamer which worked but half the time you can`t see what your doing with all the steam, so gave up with that idea. The underside wash was a mixture of steaming & soapy water then after drying, treated any rusty patches with a rust remover gel & drill mounted wire brush, then painted with oxide primer, finally gave the underside & wheel arches a good coat of hammerite underbody sealant (aka waxoyl)
  9. Update: Replacing hinges on drivers door, Check! Finding a faulty airbag connectionCheck, thanks to Mark @ Abbey Cleaning & sealing all ali parts under the car & Under-sealingCheck, blinking messy job that was Berk HFC & Milltek Check, thanks to Will370zy Doesn`t look like I`ll be spending much time with the better half this winter Check, we have split up So things still on the list: Replacing Clutch & Flywheel (single or DMF)???? It ain`t broke yet Re-spraying the bonnet, bumper & wings maybe next year I have bigger fish to fry Removing & re-furbing Brembo callipers maybe next year I have bigger fish to fry Possible poly bushing Still a maybe & a new list Vortech V3 Centrifugal Supercharger CJ stage 0 fuel system with regulator Deatschwerk 600CC Injectors Iridium 8 heat range Spark Plugs GT Mass Airflow Meter UpRev Map Walbro 255 in tank Fuel Pump Wideband AFR Guage kit (Already have from my last build) Boost guage (Already have from my last build) Oil pan spacer (maybe, will have to see what sort of temps I`ll be running as I have a large cooler which is currently 2/3rds covered with NA as it`s to efficient)
  10. Glad to here that there has been some progress.
  11. Nice one Will
  12. Looks & sounds great, the tunnel runs we're great especially with Ian's asbo popping & banging Was a great day even though the weather was a little poor, that's 500+ miles in a week for my poor zed
  13. Jim was working I believe.....
  14. Wasn`t Will370z racking up some more miles was it?
  15. Nice one Dave, looks ace, when I dd mine I went satin black with the plastics, it matches the other plastics very well
  16. Also might be worth checking that the ac clutch plate is still intact.( its a plate that bolts onto the front of the compressor) Mine fell off on the way back from the jock land hoon, found it on the under tray 500 miles after it came off
  17. You mean to say your car is even louder now? Looks great, are you going for a remap to see if & what is gained by the new intake? How did the plugs go?
  18. £1020 ah maybe not lol. Thanks for looking though. I did check out number plates for my initials but that gets crazy expensive. WOW. Try being a Dr. Bell
  19. In very safe hands, whether going straight or sideways Thanks Colin As I said in the other thread, what a beautiful car Rosie is. Nice & firm with plenty of feedback unlike most other roadsters & the synchro rev is to die for (once you sort the zorst) I shall get the pics up tomorrow hopefully Thanks again for letting me have a drive Will & was good to catch up with you, Doogy & mrs Doogy. & Jim thanks for the bits & pieces
  20. Sorry will but the pictures give your car no credit. It's absolutely gorgeous in the flesh, was good to see you today & have a little drive down to Jim's. I've just got in from my 342 mile sunday drive this uprev business is getting expensive. Hope you made it to the shell
  21. Excellent work as always
  22. Nice car Will, can`t wait to see it in the flesh
  23. That would have been comical. I once wrote UGLY on the passenger side mirror so that when my ex opened it I was childishly amused
  24. I have had a first hand experience with LPG & rings on my old VW van, 98000 & bang But on the other hand my dads V8 Audi on LPG 150000 & still going strong
  25. Time will tell This whole issue with running a car on a lower grade fuel does humor me somewhat. In the filler cap & manual of every car it stats, to fill the car with premium 98ron fuel. Surely theres a good reason for this. If you want to drive around in a 3.5ltr V6 with a bit of performance then why tighten your pockets on £2-£3 by filling it up with the wrong fuel, it`s not as if it`s some eco bluemotion oil burner It`s like the whole tyre issue, some owners put the cheapest budget tyres on a car & expect it to drive on rails....
×
×
  • Create New...