Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. So after spending about 14hours on the car here are the final results, unfortunately the pictures give it no justice The cleaned & lightly recoloured seats & trims that I forgot to take pictures of after woulds I`ll try & get some on the weekend The exterior, gave her a quick wash in the rain then backed into the garage for the detail The paint on the car is beautiful, completely flat polished, smooth as glass But there were a few minor defects, light scratches all over as a result of previous poor cleaning techniques & quite clearly things being placed on the bootlid . So I got to work by using Megs paint cleaner on the entire car to get rid of all the previous waxes etc, then went about repairing some of the light scratches, tried some megs ultra finishing polish, which pretty much did the job on most of the damage & used 3m ultra fina blue on some of the slightly worse areas, this resulted in the car having virtually zero imperfections & looking like this So a further light polish with megs machine glaze & a top coat of wax & ended up with this result After having the car for 10 days or so & having the opportunity to drive it last Sunday, I have fallen in love with it, not just the looks but the way it drives & how special it feels when your inside. Not to mention the noise when you get on the throttle I`ll be sure to buy one just as soon as my numbers come up on the Lotto
  2. Best stay in Will`s group
  3. For me: 1x Roast beef 1x Sticky Toffee On form as always Colin
  4. I had to google that Vik, Northerners I`ll get my coat now
  5. I think the technical term for that is a catheter
  6. Doubt you will have that ready for Wales
  7. Nice to see you have joined in on yet another Mod G
  8. For the sake of £30 is it really worth it?
  9. Leon @ EPRacing is donating ---- Arrived today 1X EPR 350mm Deep dish steering wheel 1X Nismo Gear Knob White 1X Nismo Gear Knob Black 1X Pivot Push Start Button Steve 350z – Redline Styling is donating 1x Carbon Fiber Nismo gear knob ----arrived today I`m sure we have room in the prize basket for a few more donations. It`s all for a great cause
  10. Darren-B

    Spare Wheel 370

    Is that right? I'll have to check & see if I have a spare wheel as mine tends to be a little light on the rear end
  11. Darren-B

    Spare Wheel 370

    A requirement for precision handling even on a space saver
  12. couldmhave used a more interesting piece of card Joking aside, great work as always, keep it up
  13. It becomes addictive, the last 4 engines I`ve had have been supercharged A 255hp SC Jetski MX5 SC SLK 230 SC 350z SC
  14. In my personal experience with tuning cars, the use of piggyback ecu`s has been nothing but a pain in the a**e, it just adds more complications to the running & is also something else to go wrong. Providing the relevant parameters can be tweaked as required on the stock ecu I really can`t see the point in adding a piggyback Couple of bad experiences I`ve had with piggybacks & asda price remaps (Honda`d S2 elise with piggyback--good until imobiliser & tracker kicked in when driving, VAG 1.8T Revo remap, engine went bang after 2k, bent 2conrods which en-tale wrecked most of the engine --- SC mx5 with piggyback---good until map sensor had a fit & advanced the timing resulting in so much det I thought i was driving over a mountatin of tin cans)
  15. Mines One of them can`t wait to get her back
  16. Maybe its you aviator, it could be deemed as a little intimidating
  17. +1 ^^^ You could quite easily fin yourself well out of your depths If your only looking to go for 350-400whp just bolt on a supercharger, you will get same linear power delivery as NA for a fraction of the cost & the stock internals will handle the power
  18. Welcome along
  19. Welcome along
  20. The V8 sounds awesome
  21. I saw your car on Friday when I dropped mine off, looks awesome
  22. ThAt will be fine, I`d try that before wet & dry, depends how deep the damage is
  23. A couple of mine @ Loch Ness Flirting with Will A little foreplay
  24. Spotted a 54plate JDM @ the Park Gate Inn this evening, sporting a nice rear spoiler & I think a K1, sounded good as it took off up the A20
×
×
  • Create New...