Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Darren-B

    MREV2???

    Does anyone know the specific differences between the stock lower plenum on a DE engine & the MREV2? I need to get my map tweaked a little & not sure whether it would be worth changing to either an MREV2 plenum, going all out with a lighter Kinetix manifold or just leaving it as it is
  2. +1 Chris can now sort all the supporting mods too
  3. It is easy providing that the owner is aware that it's not just a case of buying a sc kit to make your car go faster. As you know ian there are numerous other mods required to make the sc kit work & even further mods required to ensure that it's reliable
  4. That's a bit of a bland post, are you aware of all the other supporting mods required for sc, such as fueling, exhaust, tuning? It's not just a bolt on mod that will give you 400 bhp
  5. sadly the zed is not invites this time, but I do have a date with a roller
  6. Wonder how long these ones will last
  7. Well it`s taken me about 6weeks to get an update in. Nothing really exciting. I`ve covered about 2.5k in the car including 3trackdays & WALES I Have had a few teething issues which I`m hopefully over now. Engine temps, I was running an oil cooler pre Supercharging. Once boosted, on the road the temps were fine but after a little track work the oil temps were creeping up so I invested in a larger sump with cooling fins along with a Z-speed undertray. This seems to have solved the oil temp issues, although the car now holds nearly 7 litres of oil & takes ages to warm up even with a thermostat installed for the cooler. Intake temps: Over the stock setup on an NA zed the MAF sensor is moved nearer the throttle body (above the exhaust manifold) when the car is hot, if I sit stationary for a while the intake temps rise through the roof & knocks all my top end power from the map. It seems to take a good few minutes of 30mph+ for the apparent temps to drop. I have concluded that this is a false reading as the intake temps are measured in the MAF sensor which is being heated by the exhaust. The lower pipework & IC always stays pretty cool. So I have wrapped the intake piping & Maf with a ceramic exhaust wrap & made a blanket to go over the manifold which seems to have sorted the problem. On an average day the intake temps when the car has been stationary for a couple of minutes don`t usually go above 50degrees where before I once saw 70 something Rattly SC, after getting home from Goodwood with Ebized, Coldel & Will370z I noticed a nasty rattle coming from the front end when the revs dropped below 900ish, thinking the worst that perhaps the SC had lost it`s oil & was trying to weld itself together I began to strip it out of the car to find that the retaining bolt on the factory fitted pulleys was missing & the only thing holding the pulley on was the belt The bolt that had gone was factory fitted & has a white paint on, if removed it voids the warranty. This is to stop people putting different pulleys on the SC & trying to retain the warranty. So somthing I never would have attempted checking for tightness in case I damaged the paint & ever had to make a warranty claim. So I managed to get a replacement Imperial sized bolt & turn a new chamfered washer to fix this. HFC`s: A couple of weeks ago I noticed the car seemed to be getting louder, turns out that I have blown both cats through Luckily they are being covered by Berk & a replacement set are on their way. viewtopic.php?f=62&t=63841 Other than these few issues the car has been sound, starts everytime & pulls like a train. Next is to shed a few kilos with, seats, audio, maybe bootlid, bonnet & rear plastics but not sure if it``s worth it. But thats on hold as I have just blown all my car cash on a 5day break away
  8. Where did you get the mesh from Chris? I need to cover the holes where my reflectors used to be
  9. Thanks Well I`ve sent a n email to Berks so will see what is said
  10. Mark, thanks for your input, both cats have blown so either they have both been damaged which is unlikely or they aren't upto the job. If I can't get them replaced I'll get some straight pipes on & give you a ring
  11. The same thing happen to my mx5 last year :teeth on a stock cat. I didn't really expect this to happen with the berks which apparently a performance part The real issue I have is that I think the cats are now in the rear silencer as I have a nasty rattley exhaust note now
  12. Link? I'm going to email them about it tomorrow :
  13. Pretty unlikely on the zed, the headers are fairly long. It still runs fine but may get a tweak on the map if I can`t get them replaced, might break the 400 hub hp now
  14. Best of luck with the sale. How long has it been SC`d? & how comes your selling?
  15. Can`t really work out how the flow can go backwards?? Had them about 5months I guess, they were on Will370z`s car originally
  16. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that the car was getting LOUDER & had a couple of people ask me if I had de-cats. After removing my Berks I discovered that indeed I do have de-cats, expensive ones!! Hopefully these are warranted??? I`m quite disapointed as the remains of the Cats are now rattling around in my Milltek
  17. Yet another bitch fight on here I see Generally with TVR`s they break down before you can unleash the power & in the unlikely event they don`t this happens Must have been running mixed tyres
  18. With a first hand experience with both the Z4m roadster & coupe, these are two completely different cars. If your a `driver` skip the roadster & buy a coupe. They have a far bettter Chassis
  19. I`m glad yourlooking at it in a fairlt positive way & just getting on with whats happened. Now as you said you can move on & get a newer shinier drier model
  20. Just watch out for the flash floods in Durham
  21. Darren-B

    Rolling Road Day?

    I`ll come along for a giggle, I remember the last one with Jerry thinking his car was going to go BANG
  22. I am very interested but I have the orange interior Would you be interested in swapping steering wheel, handrake & gear knob with your black ones? All in excellent condition
  23. Me first The start line is always a good place for the F1`s especially when they spin around at the bottom
  24. Sounds like its likely to be the release bearing thats making the noise, (not really worth doing unless the clutch is shot) Also have a look at the slave cylinder, they are fairly common to fail, but first of all get some fresh fluid bled through to eliminate the cheapest possible cause first.
×
×
  • Create New...