Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Don`t worry the R888`s are pretty good in the wet so long as there is no standing water I will have to check my works diary in the morning before booking. Anyone heard from Hayden? If he is already paid up & going I may pop along for a nosey, could even have a mini meet up there & find some B-roads
  2. I have a better idea, buy a vortech, get down to either the Zed shed or my garage, & we will have it fitted in a day, then tuned the next What about: 12 Oct 2012 Castle Combe open pit
  3. Short staffed 27th sept - 8th Oct, couldn`t take a day off even if I broke my legs
  4. Or even Blyton Park, but thats still a long way out for me
  5. I might run to Anglesey http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackday/index.php A bit far for me really, trouble is I`ve just bought 4new tyres for the event & just primed the wheels ready for painting tomorrow night & lacquer on Saturday
  6. He knows where I live
  7. Well I`m off to Silverstone on 1st Dec for a GP trackday with my mate rob & his Z4M coupe I know it`s a long way off & will probably be wet
  8. haha just text you, I`m glad I havn`t left you as a lone ranger, has Hayden paid up ? I have work booked in on the 21st that I can`t get out of
  9. Just had a call from the trackday host & it`s fully booked so I`m out Not happy
  10. I was referring to their faces
  11. I shall see how I get on. If it`s no good I may have to change it for something a little less aggressive With the setup I have I would imagine the cover plate would need to be changed aswell as the clutch plate due to the overall thickness of the plate being thinner than a conventional clutch?
  12. You can phone me & listen in on my bluetooth that works On a serious note, hope all goes well & it`s nothing serious. Also if there are any pretty nurses we want photographic evidence
  13. I`m all booked up & paid for Just need to get some new front pads fitted, think I have a spare set in the garage somewhere. & some new proper tyres ordered today, tyres are off the old ones, paint ordered for the wheel refurb before fitting the new tyres 1. Keyser 2. HaydnH (car + driver + extra driver) 3.Darren-b (car + driver+ 4. 5
  14. Well I`ve just been for a proper drive this evening, & wow what a difference the clutch & flywheel combo make. For anyone who likes a spirited drive this is certainly a mod worth seriously considering, even if your running NA. the pick up & the way the engine climbs through the rev range is phenomenal. But with this there are side affects, pulling out of junctions is a bit of task without kangarooing or spinning the wheels & when reversing up the slope on my drive slowly the clutch plate gets hot & makes a horrid grinding noise I also need some new front pads before Keevil
  15. He already has one
  16. Time to revive my old thread. There have been a number of mods & changes to the car over the last couple of months. Including some heat wrapping of the intake pipes to try & reduce a little heat soak. A new Cosworth Plenum, some knackered Berks, a remap & yesterday, in & out in a day a new clutch & single mass flywheel viewtopic.php?f=25&t=65740
  17. Yes, I know. It`s been recently added onto my to do list
  18. Even I ended up Green
  19. Driving it when on the move, even slowly is much better, before with the shot flywheel it would judder when on & off load unless I slipped the clutch a little. Now it`s just connected which is far better in my opinion. Get the usual SMF rattle below 2k under load, but hey that doesn't happen to often Manoeuvring is a bit of a swine but I`ll get used to it. Real driving, well the pick up is amazing, the car feels quicker & even more energetic now & when it comes to heel `n` toe when hard on the brakes, the speed of the rpm pickup reminds me a little of the 997 Porker GT3 RS I had a play in a few weeks ago By the time I thought of that I had been swimming in gear oil & making oily sandcastles on Chris`s face
  20. Took a little trip down to the Zed Shed yesterday morning. Left dark & early to take the scenic route down as the roads were dry and Quiet (kinda Quiet). Had a glance of the sunrise as I passed through Cowfold, then dipped the rear view mirror & Enjoyed the not so straight A272 & A285 next thing I knew I was in the new forest So a quick fuel stop & I was parked outside the zed shed only an hour early Luckily Chris was already up & driving in that mean green machine of his. So once he got back the kettle was on. I was given a quick tour & a coffee, then in a blink of an eye my zed was in the shed & in the air, thought I was losing my wheels for a minute So after a bit of a petrol head chat the car had cooled enough for us to climb under & get to work. After filling a few takeaway trays with nuts, bolts & washers we had a fair few parts off the car, exhaust Y-pipe, prop shaft, starter motor, CPS, Lambda sensors, a couple of braces & a not so light gearbox. After a couple of Coffees we had the top inspection plate of the gearbox off, cleaned & resealed. Then the clutch out, followed by a rather knackered Dual mass fly that I could turn about 20degrees each way with one hand So on went a replacement Single mass flywheel ( after a trip out to replenish the locktight stocks) followed by an exedy 6puc clutch kit, & new TB then back on with the box. This was when it got interesting. Bob turned up, so theres me & Chris bench pressing a gearbox whilst having a chat with Bob about doughnuts & breaking gingers or something beats going to the gym or the pub so after a bit of wriggling the box was back in, then we played the game, where did this bolt go??? Chris won!! He knows these zeds upside down!!! Once all the parts were back on I fired her up with no fear , whoosh went the Vortech, popped her in 2nd & released the clutch, wehey it worked & YES YOU CAN CHANGE A CLUTCH ON AXLE STANDS Unfortunately I managed to lock the camera in the boot when disconnecting the battery so no pictures my end But I`m sure Chris managed to take a few thoughout the day. Next on the Agenda was a shower & a roast dinner which I was truly not expecting, but went down a treat. Followed by dessert & what I though was an exciting F1 race @ Monza. So The Zed Shed, it`s taken me a while to get down there, but certainly better late than never. Better late as everything is GREEN Chris & his family are great, fun, relaxed, great hosts & PETROL HEADS & I can`t thank them enough the help & hospitality they provided me. Not to mention a great laugh
  21. Zed Shed is just up the road from you And if you have some time on your hands I`m sure you will be able to find it here: viewtopic.php?f=176&t=54567
  22. I`m swapping my stock clutch & DMF with an Exedy 6puc & SMF tomorrow. It will be nice to compare the differences. Are you still running DMF?
  23. I used to use Rev & fuzzy codes, both work ok, but now use the PLX DM-100
  24. Nice one Will, looks as if you might have the instagram app on your generic smart phone Are you back yet? I`m heading down that way on Sunday
  25. Don`t know the part no.`s but funky power are useless with customer service (in my opinion/experience) I`m hoping to install an exceedy 6 puc & single mass fly in mine this weekend
×
×
  • Create New...