Jump to content

Darren-B

Members
  • Posts

    6,092
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Darren-B

  1. Nice base figure Chris, looking forward to the progress of the full map with meth & NOS
  2. Think my spacer is a motordyne one & the bolts I have on the strut brace DEFINITELY don`t fit with the washers removed Thanks Alex, I may be in touch if I can`t find them or give up looking (need to get that clutch fitted soon to)
  3. When I have my alignment done I always sit in the car as generally I don`t have passengers when pushing on so I have the car setup to compensate for my weight
  4. They don`t as I tried removing the washers on mine last week after installing the cosworth plenum Now I need to find the originals that I put in the safe place so that I didn`t lose them 4 1/2 years ago
  5. You will also need the strut brace bolts if you fitted the washers with extended bolts
  6. I have a used one in the garage, nothing wrong with it, just upgraded to a z-speed for additional cooling, where abouts are you?
  7. Good to see that you have returned
  8. Sorry to see the damage on your beautiful car I can recommend DB Accident Repair 01634 201600 Get directions Units 3 & 4 Regent Business Centre/Revenge Rd, Chatham, ME5 8UD They have done plenty of repairs for me & my friends over the years & I am yet to find fault in there work. If it`s not to far for you you should definitely give them a call, speak to Dave of Vee & mention me
  9. Belts sound as if they are loose, read the print on the old belt, the numbers on the belt determine it`s length
  10. All I can say is, I`m glad I`m getting old & my insurance is affordable with all my mods declared like for like
  11. Darren-B

    MREV2???

    Plenum is already on the car Looks good, just need to get the red paint off my throttle body now I took some pictures & will post them up over the weekend. I may even do the clutch on Sunday
  12. Darren-B

    MREV2???

    Cosworth plenum, clutch, flywheel & Cats arrived today Thanks to Alex for a super speedy service as always
  13. Here you go my stock DE running, Vortech V3, FRS, Walbro, injectors, Oil sump, Cooler, HFC`s, Milltek &plenum spacer
  14. I see Ian`s car is in the que I shall watch closely for the build as I`ve always wanted to restore an old Mini myself, just never had the time
  15. Still using my drivers side one I`m sure he can help
  16. Which one are you after? Drivers side or passengers side? I have a passengers side one but without the head lamp washer motor
  17. Darren-B

    MREV2???

    Well the deed has been done & the Cosworth intake is on it`s way, accompanied by an excedy 6pad hyper series clutch & Single mass flywheel
  18. Darren-B

    MREV2???

    I'm sure many would disagree
  19. Darren-B

    MREV2???

    When in Rome, do as the Romans do. They buy Cosworth Plenums from Alex I believe! Does that make me a roman then
  20. Darren-B

    MREV2???

    Cosworth plenum kits I hear you say Alex? If at the right price I could be interested however I am currently in Rome & just broken the bank shopping today let alone the hotel & room service
  21. Darren-B

    MREV2???

    Thanks for your responses guys. So It`s pretty much a waste of time & money. The reason for thinking about doing it was really down to trying to improve the airflow, as my cats are now decats so thought if I try an improve airflow into the engine, with a tweak on the map I could see some better torque figures. I remember Mark@abbey saying when he tuned the car that Sam McGoo`s car made more torque than mine with a similar setup apart from that he was running de-cats & a kinetix velocity intake. And theres me saying I`m not chasing numbers
  22. Darren-B

    MREV2???

    Cheers Ian, Might just go down the Weight saving route & get a kinetix or cosworth, they should also reduce the heat soak to.
  23. Ahh what a sad day Hope your going to stick around on here Vik
  24. Darren-B

    MREV2???

    Cheers Ian, Interesting, so basically the MREV2 is similar to the lower collector that I already have in my car? however I have read "When used with on the non-REVUP 350Z engine, the gains when it is installed alone without a spacer are very similar to that of the 5/16" spacer. However, the MREV2 will show a slightly lower peak value, with a slightly higher average value and a slightly higher TQ value. Racers may want to get the spacer AND the MREV2, for improved top-end performance. Overall, MREV2 provides "area under the curve" and is the highest gain plenum mod available. Installs re-using existing factory hardware." Source: http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z09c/11-3098
×
×
  • Create New...