Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Post up the tyre sizes - both front and rear. Chances are they arent the right size, the Zed has a funny staggered size setup and can be very fussy.
  2. Too much bromance
  3. I just wish the setting could be changed so for default it was switched 'off' and manually overidden for 'on' Rather like the annoying sat nav welcome screen that requires you press "accept" every time to access the map - not as though you have to put a code in so quite why that is there TC will always have to be on by default otherwise the HSE would have a field day with manufacturers. Usually on satnavs that screen is an option depending on if the country/teritory you are in requires it. On my old carpc there was an option to turn it off and then an exception screen to say in that accepting it you knew you might be breaking the law. I guess Nissan includes it to cover their ass. You can use the enter button on the steering wheel to "press" it though
  4. From the same report as the one on BikeRadar. Dont you just love how they cut everything out and just spout "stats"
  5. To what exactly? You do just fine keeping the idiots in line without needing to do the techy stuff
  6. You lucky sod Nice to see a fair writeup from a 350z owner without rose tinted glasses, a very honest review TC is a lot more subtle in the 370z than the 350z, but it does seem to cut in just as early and can definately spoil the fun on track where a bit of slip is needed to crack on. I think the GT academy cars are largely standard, just with a few extra safety features (rollcage etc) if thats the car you got. I'd imagine it will have track pads too as the OEM ones will cook quickly on track.
  7. AFAIK they (as a company) have to pay different rates of tax to HMRC depending on if they are paying your milage or if they are paying for you to rent a car. In the eyes of HMRC it will be two very different things and amount to claiming fraudulent expenses.
  8. Forgot to say, we can send you some 350z-uk flags to take if you like
  9. To quote someone, you need to click the button at the top right of their post. This will open a new window with the
  10. Should HMRC catch you, I think they would take a very dim view of it as you are fraudulently claiming expenses which you have not incurred.
  11. Feel free to "tweak" some of Sebs settings to help Mark to the front if you like GL with the race, not that you're likely to need it.
  12. And not just supercars the chaps at McLaren build... http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/c ... lity-32494
  13. +1 HMRC approved rates are 45p/mile for 10k miles and thereafter 25p/mile. Normally if you get a car allowance they will only pay 25p/mile for all travel as the wear and tear is paid for by the car allowance. I beleive you can claim the tax back on the difference between the company paid value and HMRC value. Note from what I remember you will not get back the actual money (ie if you are paid 35p, you wont get back 10p of every mile) but the tax on that value. For higher tax payers this works out quite well, but for lower rate, it doesnt always amount to much.
  14. Normal day in the office then?
  15. Start with the fueses and if thats not it, I'd be going back to the dealership.
  16. Settings to aim for are the same whether lowered or not. If set up correctly you shouldnt get any real uneven wear. It does get more difficult to achieve when lowered but you already have the arms to compensate for that. I had my 350z done by a place close to CS, and they did it on the max negative camber while keeping it to the OEM specs (ie went to the max of Nissans recommended range) and didnt get any measurable uneven wear, not enough for me to remember anyway. Maybe get it checked somewhere else to make sure it is right?
  17. This makes me laugh - a cycling bias website slating a car biased press release from Confused.com - http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/i ... bate-32484 -
  18. Might be worth trying RHDJapan, they have access to a lot of stuff over there, and if it has to come from the dealer, they may be able to get you one for a bit of a finders fee.
  19. I reckon with HFCs I could gain a constant 5/10ft-lb across the whole rev-range and a few HP top end. And some more noise Not huge gains. The most gains come from better exhaust (which Stillen appears to be the best flowing here atm, and backed up with results in the States too) and UpRev. Intakes and HFCs give diminishing but still reasonable gains - better than you'd get with a 350z, but still nothing great.
  20. Trying to steer where you arent looking (ie looking over your shoulder and keeping going straight) is indeed a hard skill to learn, and as you say one that not many cyclists out there have I was once told to drop the shoulder you are looking over when you do it, and it forces your hands to keep the bars straight. Seems to work for me.
  21. Exactly, and they give other good cyclists a bad name
  22. They do this in London - I've seen a few threads on BikeRadar of people complaining of Police giving them a talking to about it. So some bobbies have the right idea at least
  23. Comparing the graphs (if we dare compare them!) I agree with Mark, the HFCs seem to add a nice amount of low down torque, and my intakes appear to let it have a bit more top end. We'll see some time next year (after wedding) when I get HFCs and get the map tweaked
  24. Careful with POP3 as the default used to be for it to delete the emails once you downloaded them, so if you check from Outlook then from iPhone the new messages wont show on iPhone as they downloaded to the PC. IMAP is better if you have multiple devices and should be the default these days as it stays on the server and just syncs to the PC and phone
  25. Looks good, nice chunk of torque and power throughout the rev range These cars like UpRev more then the 350z thats for sure Gotta love the torque converter for screwing with the numbers until it locks (I assume thats what caused the funnies at the bottom right of the plot).
×
×
  • Create New...