Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Sorry to see JLR are out to get you again Chris As you say, at least you have a good dealer, thats the most important thing. I dont think any OEM gives two shits about its owners, its down to the dealer to fight your corner.
  2. Sorry to see JLR are out to get you again Chris As you say, at least you have a good dealer, thats the most important thing. I dont think any OEM gives two shits about its owners, its down to the dealer to fight your corner.
  3. Nightvision - I like it
  4. With all that said, the 370z does seem a lot easier to reverse in the dark with its twin lights on the rear. I think the OP has a point that it can be used to give a bit of extra vision I dont think the LED lights will be brighter unless you can find some high powered ones.
  5. Be able to return to stock, I learned this the hard way with my old 350z which was no way heavily modified but the dealer basically said it would go to auction if it was anything other than 100% stock. Keep the old exhaust and cats and put them back on when you come to sell. Will get back more money that way too, theres lots of vultures on here willing to have second hand bits at good prices
  6. Good progress as always chaps And you have loads of space around those callipers, stop worrying
  7. Check your bank has Faster Payments (I think nearly if not all do by now) and do it via online banking. Honestly this is the quickest and easiest way for all and 100% safe as funds clear instantly. Works for payments upto £10k, usually with a daily limit of £10k, so no doing multiple transfers. Wouldnt accept cheque, bankers draft or cash, all can be faked far too easily. Faster payments all the way We did this with the Ibiza. Got buyer to log onto bank and transfer money while we there. Then we logged on and saw it was there. Then signed the bits of the V5.
  8. Booo - I just spent this months dosh on deposit for a new sofa
  9. Nice work Col, mine will be getting a clean today if the weather holds good. I agree with you about SORN and winter. While my Zed is now very much a garage queen being able to commute/car share with the missus, we still get the Zed out every weekend, even if the weather isnt that good. I think its better to run it now and again than leaving it for months, but thats just IMO. Just means it needs washing more as it gets filthy!
  10. Congrats Phil, it is obligatory to get some piccies up btw
  11. And I suggest people let it lie or there will be more action taken.
  12. They come in loads of colours. I think you're thinking of project mu
  13. Maybe time to get a G35/37 as Chris suggests
  14. Knew we kept you around for a reason
  15. Ouch Did you go under the back of a flatbed or something?
  16. Where abouts you based Jak? My missus is looking for a marketing exec to join her team in Reading. Appologies if that is below you, dont know how much experience you have.
  17. Correct. As I understand it when they load your details up to do the test, it is meant to alert them to this fact so they do it the old "hoon it down the road and slam the brakes on" method How does putting it on a rolling road for said test affect the diff, and more importantly is there a way to tell if your car has had it done by a past MOT station (before you bought it) Or is it so blindingly obvious that you would know it's been done? I beleive its becase the drum/roller is powered and turns the single wheel while the other is stationary. This shafts the diff as it overworks it. Same if you have the car towed, you need to have the rear wheels lifted, so has to be on a flatbed or rear raised and front wheels used on the road. Its in the user manual. Not sure on how you can tell if you're car has had this done to it before
  18. What you upto now trouble
  19. The rules are designed to stop bodge jobs of installations. Aftermarket TCS will be fine if its been installed professionally or is plug and play.
  20. Even though decats werent illegal until recently, you'd never legitamately pass an emissions test with decats fitted, so technically no car on the road thats been built in the last 10yrs should have them. High flow cats are fine so long as they are good enough to get you through the emissions test, which they should do.
  21. Its quite scary what they counterfeit these days. I have seen genuine chip and pin machines that have been modified at the supposidly secure manufacturing plants to have key and card strip trackers, which are also enabled to phone home to give the theives all your card details its just tracked
  22. Since FI, just the first one thank you Ian....! Hope it's not like Triggers broom in Fools and Horses :lol: Classic
  23. I think the OP has the information he requires. He knows he can request it to be locked and/or tidied
  24. And still not a mod And guys, sort your f'in quotes out
  25. Not to worry, you'll eventually have an accident with some water and the wood flooring, causing it to warp and it'll need replacing on the insurance, when it will make sense to use carpet
×
×
  • Create New...