Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. I have 2 Halfords professional ones (one low torque one high) and they are very good
  2. Chris`I

    Tyres

    not quite the right url but at least it points to the correct one Looks like the Admins got something right then RE040 were OE fit for the earlier cars and RE050 on later ones as already pointed out.
  3. Well it was MTB corner, but as quite a few of us dabble on the road as well, I think we either need to rename the thread or create a roadie thread
  4. "Are those Bombers??" Hohoho I remember when Bombers first came out, to be fair they were amazing. You're not one of the cool kids if you've never had Bombers! Heres my old ones
  5. I'd imagine its down to the fast idle when cold. If you hold the warm car at the fast idle revs (around 1k RPM I think) then you should be able to reproduce it. TBH it depends on whats causing it, but something obviously isnt tight enough (perhaps a joint somewhere) or its too close to a cross member or other part of the body. Either way having it up on the ramps they should be able to sort it. I cant see that the engine would move more when cold but perhaps it does, I'd imagine its down to the higher revs at cold idle or one of the joints when it warms up. Remember also that the y-pipe doesnt have a flexi pipe so any movement will be transmitted all the way back to the tips, so even the smallest movement I guess could cause contact somewhere. And yes 8:30am is too early. Would have come if it were just me, but the missus wouldnt appreciate leaving that early!
  6. I agree with Jay. If you were tracking it then I'd say 18s are deffo the way to go, but 19s will look so much better and not really make much difference in day to day driving. And we all know how you like your show rather than go by the cleaning you do
  7. Sounds like someone needs a remap then
  8. Very nice, bet that cost a few bob
  9. No need to say it twice, we heard you the first time
  10. Very good Mr AK This week we have mostly been roadies Amanda has signed us up for the London to Reading ride for BHF, and given she gets a cycle to work offer (only paying the tax on it), we thought it'd be rude not to buy a road bike with it to do it properly, so she now has a Boardman Fi I got myself a Boardman Team at the same time as they had 20% and my mate got me another 15% off Need to get some training/fitness for the Alps I will now go hang my head in shame as the MTB hasnt been out in months
  11. You'll see it easy enough when its on the ramps matey, dead easy to spot where it will be fauling it, theres not much down there for it to touch. Also have you seen this? We're meeting up at Fleet services before hand - viewtopic.php?f=93&t=57180&start=270 - meet thread - viewtopic.php?f=93&t=57773 Not that Tom will struggle to sort it, but a few of us may be able to pop in depending on what time you are on the ramps.
  12. Happy Birthday Toby
  13. So then if a scrounger finds loopholes and claims £26k a year that's fair game too Tax loopholes get closed. Benefit caps get rejected. Tax loopholes are also legal. Pretending to have a bad back and be unable to walk whilst simultaneously enjoying your Harley Davidson and playing golf at the weekend is not. This. Benefit fraud is equal to tax evasion Chris - my mum has some stories to tell on the benefit fraud front. Its stupid the things that the CPS decide not to prosecute because of
  14. The annoying thing is that those that do pay in enevitably arent ever given any of it back as benefits if the time comes and they are made unemployed because you are already so well off you obviously dont need the money
  15. Trust me Jay wouldnt make a good woman Im trying to be a man, I cant take waxing my legs anymore and pmt is driving me nuts I see the testosterone treatment is working
  16. Could have told me before I wound down my old company
  17. He wont be bragging if they catch up with him
  18. Trust me Jay wouldnt make a good woman
  19. I think Dave and Jay would make a lovely couple
  20. Sure if you ask Tom will whip it up on a ramp when its a quiet time and have a poke about. He rebled my brakes when I wasnt 100% happy with them. Had to do it after they officially closed for the day, but he was more than happy to do it.
  21. Hi Jay(smine) Glad to see you are in good health buddy. Sure Liam will be along soon with all the info you need
  22. TBH Tom and the guys know their @*!# when it comes to the Zed, fitting exhausts is second nature to them. I think they did Colins and very nearly had mine done there too - got it done at a local place in the end - but TGM fitted the Nismo to my 350z. Very trustworthy. I'd ping Stillen an email. Margaret and the team are very helpful too, just remember they are running behind us in time zone so may take until tomorrow to get a reply. As I say I havent noticed mine rattle, so should be something thats quick and easy to fix.
  23. Nice one - good to see there are good main dealers out there that will fight your corner
  24. I havent seen one yet that is good enough to transport a bike at speed for any great distance. I had a Halfords one modified (bought it modified) which fits to the toe eye on the rear and has 2 support legs to stop it twisting. Was a good idea, but was never convinced how good it was. I think the best one thus far is the Bird Automotive if you can afford it and dont mind the installation involved.
  25. Depends what the liquid is I guess. There will be some water on cold starts coming through the exhaust, so its probably just that. Does mean the slip joint isnt sealed properly though, so that will need adjusting or redoing. Might also be why it rattles if the ubolt isnt done up tightly?
×
×
  • Create New...