-
Posts
24,812 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by Chris`I
-
But at least your are afforded a unique status I want to be 'King Of The Forum' 'Queen of the Forum' Admin - make it happen! Sooooo tempting
-
Sorry 3000 posts is nowhere near close, keep trying, come back at 10k+
-
No he's not
-
Did you check run-out when they were fitted? Its likely to be disc thickness variation (DTV), usually caused by out of spec run-out which causes the pad to stike the disc during a normal revolution of the wheel. This causes the disc to wear down slightly in that area, which then when braking appears as judder as the pad conforms to thick and thin parts of the disc moving the pedal up and down. Unfortunately EBC discs seem to suffer with this more than others, why that happens is for you to decide Usually curable by having the discs skimmed which means the surface is flat and true.
-
Dodo Juice Red Mist
-
Fair point But for normal road use i would expect these to last well more than 30k. Yes way more. Going by the chap on the stand at Autosport - they last rather a long time - he had been running a set in his car for quite some years (forget what he quoted now as I thought it might be BS).
-
I'm afraid its a But from a long time back, its over 7/8yrs old IIRC
-
Hmm no it didnt mention chip, it was just engine mod. I'll see if I can dig out what they did it as, should have the old quote somewhere - as I dont have a plenum mod on the 370 didnt need to declare anything this time around.
-
I feel we will see more blacklash to "digital" cars in the coming years. Some drivers like to just go fast (IMO most Evo owners are like that), some like to be involved and want a real experience of driving. Former take digital cars, latter the less so digital cars
-
Lucky sod, its cloudy in Slough atm
-
Admiral can add it as a "engine mod - +X%" as a generic item. Thats what they did for me. At the time they only had +0% or +10% so they admitted that it should go in +0% as that was the closest. I seem to remember having recently requoted seeing a +5%, that would be a good one to select.
-
Remember where a lot of people use these Dave - out on the track. 3yr/30k miles of track work will be a lot harder than on the road. I saw these at Autosport International show and talked to one of their guys for quite some time with my mate Ben. They came across as very professional and knowledgable, and theres a lot more goes into developement of the bits than I thought, more than just copying the OEM stuff in urethane. Looks like very good stuff and they certainly sold it well to me.
-
The problem with young drivers is they arent allowed to find their limits. When my parents were young, you could go tool around in a field without a care in the world and find out how a car hadles. Or you take your 1l sh*tbot with 10cm wide tyres out for a ragging where it will slide all day long round rounderbouts at 10mph, so even when you do stack it, its at no speed at all. Modern cars are too good for their own good. It takes considerably more speed to unsettle the car and when it goes, it does so with a lot more force and the consequences are larger. Give kids a place to go play and learn the limits from a young age and you wont see half these problems with young drivers, hence the new young driver courses popping up now
-
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Does it make any kind of squelchy noises and have you ever bled them? If its not a seal then they could be overfilled with with brake fluid. More than likely a seal though which means they'll need to be stripped and new seals fitted which is a job for the LBS -
Bikes - The "awesome" kind with no engines
Chris`I replied to AK350Z's topic in Off Topic Discussion
Could be any number of things Geoff. Can you see the fluid leaking out at the lever or at the calliper on the front forks? Most likely a seal has gone in which case its best to get it down to your local bike shop really unless you know your way around and are happy tinkering. -
Intake/exhaust/manifold are all on the list I think. They have a limited range of things they have on the list though, and plenum spacer isnt exactly a popular item across cars, whereas intakes/exhuasts are
-
Panel filter will give you the best performance (requires remap) Pop charger gives you the best noise Simplez
-
That was the resolution we came to. I tried to explain what it was and they didnt understand, so in the end that was what they agreed to insure it as. I think back then it was that or something like "engine mod - 10%+ power increase", which wouldnt be true either. I had it all recorded so they couldnt go back on it. If they have an "engine mod - 5% power" then go with that. There must be a category close to what it does, they have loads of engine mod + power categories now.
-
I told them it was a non-performance engine mod. They seemed to accept it at the time.
-
Moved to eBay section. You seem to have good ebay feedback so I'll let this stand as ebay will cover any problems with sale.
-
Looks like a good turnout to this - its a great show for anyone looking to do their first - one of the best of the year
-
Is that track only? What happens if he runs out? Switchable maps? I know its quite common in VAG land to have remaps for different fuels as they can have multiple maps so not uncommon to have race map (101RON), SUL map (99RON) and UL (95RON) map, oh and vallet map with the rev limiter set to 3k RPM
-
As mine is my daily driver and I do 350+ miles just commuting, I brim it once a week. That way it gets me through a weeks worth of commuting without multiple trips to the petrol station. If I go anywhere special then its two trips in a week to the petrol station Started tracking it on Fuelly.com now and its quiet scary reading atm. Hoping a remap and warmer weather will aid in better MPG
-
Is he coming to Wales? There will be a few there - and Saturday afternoon is a quiet afternoon so someone might let him loose in one
-
DA's are glorified RO sanders, so arent designed to be quiet unfortunately. They are supprisingly loud and I would use some sort of ear protection if you are going to use one in a confined space (garage) for any length of time. As Dan says, you should not apply any weight to it (unless you know what you are doing), just let it glide. Theres some good articles on DW forums about how to do it properly, and putting a line on the pad so you can see it is spinning and not stalling. When working on doors etc, its very easy to stall the pad if you dont pay attention. Bet you are feeling the pain today Dan, if not tomorrow