Jump to content

Chris`I

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    24,812
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chris`I

  1. Definately get the Connect Premium if you can afford it, well worth it in the long run
  2. Works fine for me
  3. One will be MY2009 and the other will be MY2010. They could both be on 10 plates but they are different model years. Connect Premium was brought in with MY2010 and normal satnav was before this in MY2009. The price increase for Connect Premium over satnav was £200 IIRC, so there should be less of a difference than that on 2 second hand cars. Quite how they have a brand new car for £200 more I dont know, the RRP on them is now £35k+
  4. Be careful or they might clamp it
  5. Avoid Japspeed is my advice from seeing other 350z products made by them
  6. +1
  7. Funny you mention that, I bought a new chain for the commuter as it was a bit noisy and I was never happy with it. Always had KMC chains and always been happy with them so swapped it up. Forgot to measure the old one until last night and realised that it was between 0.75-1 on my chain guage so managed to swap it out just in time. My spidey chain stretch senses are obviously working well Dont know how or why but KMC chains seem to be sooo much smoother than Shimano and SRAM (Shim on my commuter previously and SRAM on the Stumpy which self destructed!). Not even running the best of best KMC chains, just the boggo £15 ones!
  8. Easier just to get you to tell us when it happens
  9. Might have been that it needed to create a new session before it would let you do the search if that was the first time you've clicked it since the changes (on your phone). If all is well after that I wouldnt worry.
  10. Just to be clear (for others mainly) if you get a timeout and the site doesnt even load then thats not a browser issue. Its a browser issue when you can see the site but not log on.
  11. Oh you'd be surprised: The amount of threads I've seen with "I was passing Elises/Caterhams/GT3s all day in my Zed!" on here beggars belief! But I did beat that GT3 And then I woke up
  12. From GA: Pageviews per hour: 1900 : 1,984 2000 : 2,185 2100 : 2,354 2200 : 2,785 2300 : 1,554 0000 : 644 As you can see the site "appeared" to be up, as this follows the usual trend when comparing it to same time last week and same time last month (looking in GA I can overlay them ontop of each other). That said if it locks up for 1/2hr then goes back to normal then its not always obvious from these stats.
  13. So just to confirm last night, you couldnt reach the site at all? It wasnt a case that the site wouldnt log you in? Looks like I need to stay on the site a little longer on a night I do have logs that show the numbers of queries and usually this drops if there are any significant lock outs and its fine last night and GA gives hour by hour breakdowns and again looked ok but after what you said, maybe not! Thanks for the feedback its most appreciated
  14. The problem is the site was/is never actually "crashing". The database tables were locking up, but the database service was never actually failing, neither was any other service on the server. I have a few scripts to poll the database every minute or so. The problem with locking tables is the reason for the locking is very hard to trace. Evidently it will be either in phpBB's code or a modification made to the site, which is beyond the realms of most developers to find. Switching the database engine for the problem table removes the locking, but may throw other issues. This is what I am trying to find out. For me last night the forum was quicker than it has been for a while and a few others have told me the same. In fact Google Analytics which reports page load speeds for IE9 and Chrome categorically shows its quicker. I wanted to make sure there arent people out there having issues that are the fault of the forum
  15. Nope afraid not, give up after trying to get on to PM Tarmac last night about six attempts, appx over a half an hour, and it wouldnt have it, even this morning it locked out on me a few minutes ago, then the next attempt went staright on. Are we sure its a microsoft problem because I never have these issues on any other forums the same size as ours? Can you give specific times please for last night? I was on and watching the forum and it was fine from ~6pm to 10:30pm. And what issue are you having? The issue with Tarmac was that he couldnt log in - he could get on the site though. That was a cookie issue with IE. Remember the internet has a lot of links in it, not all problems stem from the site. I did see a small lockup for about a minute @ 9:50am which I will have a look at when I get home
  16. Any problems or slowdowns last night? Seemed ok to me. Obviously the site will be a bit slower at peak times, but should still respond within a few seconds.
  17. I dont know nowt - well not 100% anyway On the 350z Injen's didnt work well as long tube intakes as they supply a modified water bottle as the intakes foul the originals. Now thats fine in the States, but over here we have 2 bottles due to the headlight washers. I know the 370z ones are similar in that they supply a modified bottle, but cant 100% remember if the 370z has 2 bottles or not, but chances are it does
  18. Not far from where I used to work in Brunel Way. What are the top 3 eateries then?
  19. Very nice. Finish in the paint after just one pass is so much better
  20. Testing with IE9 Apparently IE9 messes with iframes so it breaks. Have to put it in compatability mode and it works. I'm having a party all on my own
  21. Need to make it work in IE9 first
  22. So tempted to have a team party in chat
  23. Spoiler - much lower and it'd be a diffuser
  24. If you had a remove controlled one Shire would be all over it
  25. Yeah sure I read someone did it, might well have been Nurrish.
×
×
  • Create New...