Jump to content

Wasso

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    13,804
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Wasso

  1. I've got one of these to power my Hi-Fi, TV, Sky and Lighting in the lounge. Controlling the lights I use one of these (sockets are self learning) Yet to get my main lighting in the lounge - simple remote switch on the wall, but would really like some of these bad boys.... (Remote control blinds/curtains) I'm yet to find a suitable chip to control the Mrs....
  2. That's not Bennett then. He would have Nismo spoiler plus a multitude of other mods.
  3. That could potentially be GT4 Zed coming back from the Ring!
  4. I rate them highly for when they are fitted I wanted 30mm drop and a name that can be trusted, and from previous forum commentary the Eibach's are the ones to have. The Tein's have a shorter drop, but still have a good name.
  5. I'd personally run two passes. First application, wipe, then a second go and so how it turns out. If that fails you know to invest in the heavier duty stuff.
  6. Start with the megs and then decide. I would go all guns blazing on the paper to be honest. You'll be surprised how well the megs and a DA work together. It may save you money or give you realisation to purchase the sandpaper?
  7. I use Megs ultimate compound and they come up a treat with the DA
  8. Impressive!! Just out of curiosity what size spacers are you running? Any scraping woes? i.e. Speed bumps?
  9. Wasso

    LakeZ buffet

    Thanks G Man yes I should have put x2
  10. Wasso

    LakeZ buffet

    Yes to everything apart from naked dancing in the rain.
  11. Looks like you're having an amazing time, I'm very jealous. Table mountain is one place I'd love to go to, along with Cape Town! Bet you're getting a nice tan too with that weather! Enjoy!
  12. Very odd but funny, especially when it was trapped against the wall!
  13. It sounds like a nice piece of kit, but with all these systems on the Zed how will it get past the depressing of the clutch?
  14. Thanks to all that contributed springs purchased from Cougar Store, just awaiting delivery and fitting just prior to Wales. Cheers
  15. No worries call me your personal secretary to keep you on schedule
  16. I can't wait!! Chris I'll be there don't worry, just make sure your car is ready this time and no broken parts. Athough I have to say you were the best marshal ever for stopping all the traffic for us. Hey what's the news on dent man?
  17. I'll meet you guys on the M6 like last time
  18. Watching with interest.... Why not go for the full Crower Stroker kit and tell me all about it (ignore the cash budget)
  19. Interesting.... so the actual reduction of powerloss is not massively increased when flywheel BHP is increased. Back you to your numbers - if like you say the car was 100bhp flywheel, and lost 35bhp via the powertain, car would be 65bhp. So are you saying the same would apply for a 1000bhp resulting in 965bhp (although allowing as you say a further percentage of loss due to friction) - so maybe 930bhp (as an example)? That's means I need to re-do my sig - as that was calculated at 17% rather than a fairly fixed reduction. So would I be right in surmising the following: (Sorry Josh - hijacking your thread here) As we had a two separate runs with the MREV2 and NOS. Lets look at the NOS. It finished at 309.7hhp, if we add the benefit of the now mapped MREV2 which delivered a peak 263hhp instead of 258 (if I'm looking at the correct charts) so if I add 5hhp to the 309.7hhp we have a rounded number of 315hhp. Are you therefore suggesting we now add the 35 loss to read a rough ballpark flywheel bhp of 350bhp? I give up End result is it goes better than it used to
  20. A Dual Action polisher can be trusted. I swear by it now, saves so much time and effort. I've also noticed when applying wax it also lasts longer on the car instead of by hand. Not only that but you use less products. Seriously, they are a valuable detailers tool.
  21. Same here, Camskill service is fantastic.
  22. FI is the only way to increase to that level. The MREV2 is a great boost, alongside the plenum spacer, but to be fair, you're not going to pull 30 bhp from adding a Y pipe, decats and exhaust. Hence I chose NOS.... I'm not fully aware of the true flywheel calculation you have there, but my understanding is you add the powertrain loss of 17%. So in effect your 257 is 300.69bhp at the fly. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong). Despite spending thousands on NA mods I've only achieved 263 at the hubs. In hindsight with all the NA mods and the NOS I could have gone for a wicked SC setup. Maybe that's a project for next year after selling all the mods and NOS with some extra cash in the pot? Oh and to add... the 296bhp which Nissan quote is inflated....!
  23. I've not checked the weight of the Nismo wheels, but I know the Rays are already reasonably light. Main simple points for weight reduction: Boot Rear wiper assembly Spare wheel Tools OEM strut bar Seats Clutch Brake disks Pulleys It all depends on the luxuries you wish to retain?
  24. That's pretty much it.... I'm just wondering actually if the Cosworth Plenum or something on the same lines would benefit instead of the plenum spacer. I'm sure Ian had one of those.... maybe he'll confirm....
  25. http://www.350z-tech.com/wiki/index.php ... tion_Guide http://www.my350z.com/forum/exterior-an ... tures.html There you go.... (Not that I'm into weight saving or anything!)
×
×
  • Create New...