Jump to content

veeg33

Members
  • Posts

    2,060
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by veeg33

  1. Not sure about JDM, but definitely worth getting spare key(s). Yep, the flip key mod is something I'm considering after I get this sorted out first.
  2. Hello and welcome 👋
  3. Worth 10k for that colour IMHO, loved it
  4. Hello and welcome 👋 Nice looking zed there mate.
  5. Yep, when the programing of new fob is successful, it feels like a mass weight being removed from my shoulders. If I loose my only key & fob, I think the cost to get a new key & fob will be very costly (including recovery truck to get my zed from wherever it's parked at that time to Nissan dealership)
  6. Just fyi with my key fob ~ I press "open padlock" symbol once which unlocks the drivers door/boot & switches off the alarm. Press "open" again and this unlocks the passenger side door. Press "closed padlock" once which locks the car & turns on the alarm. Press again and I believe it "deadlocks" the car. Thanks Gareth for confirming. That's what my current key fob is doing, unfortunately the new fob isn't same with the unlock button. :o Not a big PITA but would be nice to have both fobs operating the same way. Both seems to have same part number on the back of the fob.
  7. Small update for today Managed to duplicate a spare key whilst I was on holiday back at my hometown (Malaysia). Unfortunately, he doesn't have the correct key fob for the full remove fob but he can only duplicate the blade and the immobilizer. Since its £25, I though worth a game knowing that I currently only have 1 key for my zed and I don't want to spend a fortune if I happen to loose my 1 and only key. Tested the new spare key when I got back to UK, it works perfectly, starts up fine. Winner!!! I also locked my zed with current remote fob and I unlocked my car manually with the new key, disable the alarm and I can start my zed......super!!! However, being a little perfectionist.......I refuse to stop there. so I got on Ebay and see if I can get a new key but its costing around £120 for a brand new one which I'll still need to spend money to get the blade cut and immobilizer programmed. But I managed to find a 2nd hand refurbished key for £25.00 delivered on Ebay. I've managed to know out £2.50 as I've placed in an offer Here's the link for Ebay where I got mine from http://www.ebay.co.u...=item19fbada66a I've managed to program the new key fob with the instruction from here --> http://www.350z-uk.c...g-the-key-fobs/ see post#10 My turn signal lamp did not flash, instead I can hear clicking noise coming from the center console. So, instead of flashing twice, it clicked twice. However, the new key fob seems to be different from my original key fob. The part numbers are same "876/818" so I would assume they will be same. But they are not, for the new fob, I need to press the Unlock button twice (quickly) to unlock and to Lock just once. As per instruction, I program both fobs that I have. My current fob works as normal, 1 press each will Lock or Unlock but not the new fob. I re-program them twice and the new fob still required 2 quick press to Unlock. It this normal? I don't think to be honest. Does anyone else need to press the Unlock button twice to unlock their zed? So, with current fob, I press Unlock once to unlock driver door, press 2nd time within 2 seconds or so to unlock passenger door. And with the new fob, I press twice quickly the Unlock to unlock drive door, and press 4 times to Unlock the passenger door A bit annoyed if to be honest but I think I can live with that....... I've emailed the seller and let see what he/she comes back with. Next step is to copy the immobilizer and get the blade cut. Knowing that I'll be going back to Malaysia again next year, I'm thinking to bring it to my dad's mate again to get it sorted. Since I've got a spare key (without the remote fob), I can use the spare key with the new fob for now unless I can get a cheap place here to get the new fob cut and immobilizer sorted out. Here's how they are now.....along with my Lego key chains (Ice Batman and Luke Skywalker) and also a scooter from Italy) I'm feeling much more secure now having another spare key fob and key
  8. I've managed to program the new key fob with the instruction from here --> http://www.350z-uk.c...g-the-key-fobs/ see post#10 My turn signal lamp did not flash, instead I can hear clicking noise coming from the center console. So, instead of flashing twice, it clicked twice. However, the new key fob seems to be different from my original key fob. The part numbers are same "876/818" so I would assume they will be same. But they are not, for the new fob, I need to press the Unlock button twice (quickly) to unlock and to Lock just once. As per instruction, I program both fobs that I have. My current fob works as normal, 1 press each will Lock or Unlock but not the new fob. I re-program them twice and the new fob still required 2 quick press to Unlock. It this normal? I don't think to be honest. Does anyone else need to press the Unlock button twice to unlock their zed? I've emailed the seller and let see what he/she comes back with. Next step is to copy the imobi and get the blade cut. Knowing that I'll be going back to Malaysia again next year, I'm thinking to bring it to my dad's mate again to get it sorted. Since I've got a spare key (without the remote fob), I can use the spare key with the new fob for now unless I can get a cheap place here to get the new fob cut and imobi sorted out.
  9. Gosh! It's either my Tapatalk not working properly or something else going on, can't view your earlier post. Reading them with interest but no pictures! Arrrr....... Good write up there mate. Lots of info and it will be useful for me too as I'm looking to do similar mod on mine.
  10. Keep it coming
  11. Just had a detailed read on the programming steps. It says - At this time, the original (previous) ID code(s) are erased. Looks like it will stop the usefulness of the first keys. As for imobi (Thanks for reminding), I think it needs a separate programming. I think you'll need to copy the "frequency" of the original key and load it into the new fob/key. I'll give it a try this weekend and see if the programing works for me.
  12. I've just managed to buy myself a refurb key fob for £25 on Ebay (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GENUINE-NISSAN-350-Z-USED-REMOTE-KEY-NEW-KEY-BLADE-MODEL-/111596643946?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19fbada66a) I'm going to my local locksmiths to get the blade cut and planning to program the key fob myself (1st attempt before I pay Nissan crazy money). Programming guides found in this forum - http://www.350z-uk.com/index.php?showtopic=46866 http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/15223-re-programming-the-key-fobs/ http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/18178-programming-a-key-fob/ Was wondering if I need to program both my current fob as well as the new fob together at the same time. I was worried if I only program the new fob only, my zed will wipe out the old fob and replace it with the new fob. Any one has done this before? Any tips for success is much appreciated
  13. Very nice Gareth. You must have a very steady hands!!! Top job mate!!
  14. Hello and welcome 👋 Pics are always welcome
  15. Hello and welcome 👋
  16. Looks good on pics but could really do with more information (service history, receipts, etc). It's not too far away, worth go check it out. Here's a guide http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/22880-guide-for-new-memberspotential-buyers/
  17. Seems good reviews here. Going to consider getting mine too. Cheap but nice mod IMO
  18. Good luck with the sale Ian. Car looks good, will keep in mind if any of my mates looking for one.
  19. That could end up bad mate. Really glad you are not badly injured. Definitely a lesson learned here, a simple mistake could end up really bad.
  20. A bit far for me, thanks and good luck with the sale mate
  21. Hello and welcome 👋
  22. Not a big fan of this colour but this bodykit makes it looks great in this colour. Well done mate!
  23. Great efforts there mate, hope you're please with the outcome
  24. Great pics!
  25. Where's collection mate? Might be interested with the scorpion
×
×
  • Create New...