-
Posts
514 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by chubbster
-
If I had a nose I think I could smell the armpits from here.
-
I'd rather watch Jordan than give Murdoch a single penny - that's how much I hate Murdoch.
-
Eddie Jordan's sweaty armpits - ewwww
-
Aaah, the old 'Irrational fear of tiny insects' thing. Bear with me... I've thought about this and I reckon that people are scared of spiders because... A. They can move very quickly when they want to, and B. You don't always know what direction they will go in, so theoretically they could end up in your armpit or invade your crotch or your mouth. In other words they have speed, with a hint of directional unpredictability - just like your beloved car. So if you think of spiders as the 350z's of the insect world, maybe you can learn to love them a bit?
-
Be patient, Grasshopper - Your answer will pop through the letterbox in due course.
-
...and very beautiful too.
-
It's possibly a false widow - but don't go killing them just because it's the latest Daily Mail craze. They do not go out of their way to bite you. If you've seen it, it won't bite you - because you've seen it - the only insect that bit you is the one you DIDN'T see, and by then it's too late. I went for a slash in the undergrowth of a layby on the way to the British Grand Prix this summer, got bitten on the leg by a single solitary midge and suffered for about 2 months afterwards - ended up going to the doctor and getting antibiotics, which didn't work. So do I kill all midges? No way - they're just God's creatures. It was the fetid human @*!# he'd been feeding on that made me ill, so I'm going back to that layby with a gun, ready for the next bastard who tries to take a crap in that undergrowth. If you know what I mean. If you're extremely unlucky and you get bitten, 99.95% of the time it's just a little insect bite - so be brave. And of course, like all spiders, they do good. Ooooer - I just went off on one.
-
Smoothly fresh from Heathrow Area
chubbster replied to vbjr's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
Welcome to Zedland. May the Zees be with you. -
Can I re-ask this question, just the once, please? I'd really like to hear one in real life - prepared to travel a short distance.
-
I resemble that remark. I am so happy to have played a part in cheering you up. ...and there's no apostrophe in Chavs - it's a plural.
-
Chavtastic! Chav wiv a BA Hons here (from the days when a degree meant something - you young whippersnappers don't know when you're well off) - I'll be on a '61 plate' in April. When I got to 60 the buggers told me I can't get a bus pass till I'm 63 - and by then they'll have scrapped it anyway and I'll be stuck with my Z. Without my Z my life would suk majorly, innit. Thinking of getting a mobility scooter anyway.
-
Excellent news Darren - Glad you got them safe & sound. And well done for copying them. As I said to you, I tried to copy them too, but my macbook kept coming up with error messages, so eventually I gave up. Your new copies should help many more people in the near future.
-
Beautiful White 370 GT-Edition in Bengeo...
chubbster replied to chubbster's topic in Spotted or Flyered
Am I the only Zee in the village? please allow me just this one bump - I'm a desparate man. -
Many Happy Returns, mate. :band: Phew - just got in before midnight.
-
Considering coming across to the Z side
chubbster replied to Hughesie90's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
I had 350z's from 2004 to 2010 - 19.6mpg from day one, to day two thousand one hundred and ninety two. I like the throttle pedal. God almighty - the internet's up the pole tonight. Can a mod delete this duplicate, please? -
Considering coming across to the Z side
chubbster replied to Hughesie90's topic in Introductions & Welcome Messages
I had 350z's from 2004 to 2010 - 19.6mpg from day one, to day two thousand one hundred and ninety two. I like the throttle pedal. -
...on a 63 plate. All nice & clean! Had to drive past it a few times, just to be nosey
-
My old 350z, coming down from St Albans car park about 6 years ago (I hid a load of 'Z's in the pic, so if you're bored)... I was able to be there for the delivery (which was painless)... My first (gunmetal, 53 plate), St Albans multi storey car park again, about 9 years ago...
-
-
From the album: chubbster's garage
Refurbed wheels. -
From the album: chubbster's garage
My current car - '10 plate. -
From the album: chubbster's garage
My first Z - 53 plate. Owned her for 3 years and she gave me my love of Z's. -
From the album: chubbster's garage
Photo I took of my old black 350z (56 plate - only car I've ever owned from new) - coming down from the top of St Albans multi-storey car park. I've hidden a load of 'z's in the pic, just in case you're bored. -
Ha - thanks for pointing that one out! ...the world's truest number plate.
-
I'm sure you would, too - considering that the first main dealer who serviced my 370z tried to get away with only replacing one of the air filters (luckily I checked before leaving the premises - I was fuming) - and the second one tried to sell me washer jets at about £70 each, when all they needed was a bit of a cleanout. Generally, main dealers suck. When you give them your own expensive oil to use do they actually put it in, or does someone take it home and sell it on ebay or something? Now that my car is out of warranty I take it to a garage I TRUST (trust is the important word here). To answer the op's question - a buyer who doesn't know you will have to TRUST you, if you've done the servicing yourself. If I were the buyer I wouldn't trust you, not because you're untrustworthy, but because I don't know you, so either have copious notes & receipts if you do it yourself, or take it to a trustworthy garage/mechanic to get it done & stamped. Whatever you do, don't take it to a main dealer just to get the stamp, unless you have one you trust 100% - they rip you off in every way. My personal preference would be a trustworthy garage's stamp, every time.