Jump to content

Floydbax

Members
  • Posts

    816
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Floydbax

  1. Interesting reading if you can be assed http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=765570
  2. Interesting http://my350z.com/forum/shop-builds/389322-g35-na-stroker-with-itbs.html
  3. Cough http://www.onpointdyno.com/?p=1088
  4. Or a Porsche obviously
  5. Sorry but Porsche Riviera Blue only looks good on a Roadster IMHO it's too much blue candy on a coupe
  6. Isn't it called Silverstone in the States?
  7. Or metallic purple
  8. I'm pretty sure if Helen puts an addy on P/heads or A/trader some kind soul might put a nice link to it on here
  9. Honeysuckle grows new shoots every year and the previous year's growth dies off, becomes woody and forms a thatch underneath that needs removing every couple of years as it bulks out, looks a mess and gets overgrown. If it faces anywhere but North then Clematis is awesome. Bit woody over winter but beautiful flowers spring and early summer and lush pretty green foliage from then into late Autumn. Needs a bit of training to get there but very satisfying when it's done.
  10. Don't do honeysuckle unless you're intending fairly intensive gardening in the future. Personally I'd put clematis, jasmine or even wisteria if it will grow there
  11. There are stick-on chrome silver thingys you can buy that go on the current hoops, they are not actually any better structurally but they look pretty good IMHO I'll post a link when I find it http://vangadgets.co.uk/UK/roadster-styling-bar-cover-caps-chrome-cobra-nissan-350z-roadster-03-on-nis2723.html
  12. You only need one loom if you are replacing the Bose for another without the steering control. The new unit usually comes with its own loom. Some are pretty much plug and play, some need a bit of wiring up, depends on the unit.
  13. Just get a rattle can of VHT paint, your own choice of colour and spray your new discs yourself. You need to clean them first then mask off most of the brake contact surface area (doesn't have to be perfect the pads will soon clean the overspray off. You'll need 2X 400mm cans for 4X discs. Also use plenty of copper grease on the faces that contact the bearing and wheel or spacer if you use them. EDIT: I also used a small artists paintbrush and a squirt of paint in the cap of the VHT paint to fill the grooves/swirls/dimples
  14. I just fitted some Endless swirl grooved discs/rotors. Before I fitted them I painted the swirls and other areas that usually rust with enamel paint and it's still there and preventing rust so I'd imagine it's the same with the dimples/grooves
  15. No I don't have any, only the one where I get flashed by the speed camera, despite setting the cruise. You even see me knocking a couple off too - Sadly even though it's set to my GPS HUD I can't challenge it as I was technically speeding! 66mph in a 60, the camera clocked me for 68 You can see how high the cam is sited in those vids, you can just make out the top of the glass it's stuck to, so no wonder really lol They weren't made as vids as such, just footage from the dash cam I have for my own peace of mind in case of idiots!!
  16. There's a couple of clips for you. My wind noise is worse as the cam is mounted high as its front and rear facing. I have another of me getting flashed by the speed camera on that raod too
  17. It's nothing like a TVR and actually quite different in real life than this UTube clip
  18. I have loads but they are all upside down lol, just the way the camera sits - I can rotate them on my laptop but they revert back when I download It's not as loud as a TVR. I have an Apexi cone filter that sounds OK
  19. I used Hibiscrub and 303 Aerospace protector. They both protect against mould and UV and don't harm the sh1tty Japanese vinyl
  20. Or the power feed for the camera wire rattling in the wind Honestly there's no weird noises in my roadster, hood up or down. I have Berks and Top Gear full exhaust system and compared to that clip mine is EPIC
  21. You numpty lol that's wind buffeting on the camera mic - I get this on mine, it's stuck to the bit of glass behind the seats
  22. I almost like that Porsche/Maserati thing! Lose the stupid badges, add humpy bonnet, carbon Strosek hatch, decent wheel spacers and a mini duck tail and it'd be ok I reckon
  23. That really looks great and freakin' cheap too.
  24. I agree with Alan. I also got a cheap one. Car felt better, even if it doesn't improve power delivery it probably saves wear on the notoriously weak OEM engine mounts.
  25. There was a Black 370 NISMO on bottom St in Knutty early evening, could have been the same one!!
×
×
  • Create New...