Jump to content

Jetpilot

Members
  • Posts

    7,743
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jetpilot

  1. I would just use a plain old dry tile cutter and a tile blade in a grinder for anything but straight cuts.
  2. Another photo and a bump for some decent light wheels
  3. Jetpilot

    Over fenders

    Going to look a bit odd if you just do the rears imho, if that was your plan? Perhaps have a word with Docwra as he had had his modded to suit.
  4. Maybe the reason for discussion is one of a moral one, not so much a love of Cecil, is it right to shoot to a lion for fun/sport and many people have used the word, hunted and hunting. I have done a bit of hunting and it didnt involve driving round in a land rover trying to find something to shoot for a laugh, there is actual skill involved in hunting, try driving up into a field of deer and seeing how many hang around for you to take shot. It saddens me because i think lions (all big cats) are magnificent, but thats as far as it goes, do i think the dentist should die, course not, but i hope he his charged and is facing extradition to face charges.
  5. http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/tyre-size-for-rim-width_topic60146.html
  6. A media fuelled frenzy, as mentioned elsewhere I am sure lions are shot every day, much the same as the two lads in the Seat where we have empathy being car enthusiasts as they were, but people die every day on the roads and its not even reported. Why anyone would want to shoot a lion is beyond me however, magnificent creature which I would much prefer to see alive.
  7. I bet if you had clear video of someone breaking into your car/house and also happened to have a name or something to easily identify them, they would be all over it, as per both linked videos, its an easy collar.
  8. http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires_101/customizing/rim_wheel_width/
  9. You can still go up a width and keep your tyres, will just have a bit of stretch, which is no issue. Loads of people have painted their rays.
  10. I reckon they will chuck in some new features/concepts, keep it fresh However much i enjoyed the old format
  11. Be interesting to see what they come up with.
  12. Apart from colour you are specific, which is absolutely fine, but you may have to increase your budget as you are looking at the lower spectrum for 350's, so you may have to miss out on leather or rays. I dont really see things like that as a problem though, there is an immaculate pair of leather seats for sale circa £300 in the for sale section or rays (same sort of price) are always for sale, which you could always add at a later date as an example. I wouldnt get too hung on up those sorts of things as they are easily bought, car condition is far more important imho. If not just be patient till you find the right car, your looking in all the right places.
  13. Think thats Mrs Busters old ride I wonder if Bob installed the Mugen grill
  14. All Porsches or just the Cayman
  15. Have you turned into SMD as the voice of reason and balance I would have thought the very nature of "350z.co.uk" was that is was going to be for fanboi's, as would be, fduk, sxoc, mx5nutz etc etc Surely if your going to wear rose coloured glasses about a 350z (rightly or wrongly) this is the place to do it? We all know a Porsche is a better car and sure Porsche owners are being fanbois over on their forum
  16. I wouldnt have thought oem discs were black, i could be wrong though, maybe the previous owner painted them.
  17. Dba's arent really cheapy discs, but have suffered the same on mine tbh (dba's). You will get it on most discs imho, i have always found a good coat of smoothrite keeps the rust at bay Only way to actually not worry at all is get 2 piece discs with aluminium bells
  18. Hardly an example and he wasnt caught, it was posted on facebook!! I am not doubting for one moment the fella hasnt got skills and in control, but really, you choose to go out onto a public highway and do that, then post it on facebook, what argument can you possibly have? He was hardly the victim he portrays himself to be. I am afraid this and the other thread surrounding the lads in the Seat are just way to close, a split second in time and it could be a Seat thread all over again, perhaps not as dramatic obviously. I am no angel but there is a time and a place and generally, roads are neither the time nor the place, especially when a camera is involved I think he was going to be found guilty from day 1, the rumour is he was told he would be made an example of. Got to be honest (and I would say this) but with spotters, on an empty road at 4am or whatever I dont really see that as risky, youre only going to slide your car off the road at 40 mph into a field at the end oft he day. As for this one .......... I cant see what he did wrong other than drive too fast, DD when you cant actually see what was in front of him is a pisstake and prosecuting someone on what his passenger is saying is like something out of a comic book. Absolute bullshit. Jetpilot stop looking for an argument with me, its getting old now, No ones looking for an argument, i made a sensible reply to what you posted.
  19. Hardly an example and he wasnt caught, it was posted on facebook!! I am not doubting for one moment the fella hasnt got skills and in control, but really, you choose to go out onto a public highway and do that, then post it on facebook, what argument can you possibly have? He was hardly the victim he portrays himself to be. I am afraid this and the other thread surrounding the lads in the Seat are just way to close, a split second in time and it could be a Seat thread all over again, perhaps not as dramatic obviously. I am no angel but there is a time and a place and generally, roads are neither the time nor the place, especially when a camera is involved
  20. I actually agree with this, but there really arent many Japanese cars with anything but plastic dash's. Maybe is a culture thing, hardly ever see many imports with leather seats and spent over 2 years going to the trade auctions in Southampton, i guess they just dont like it over there. 30 - 45 mins tops, its just bolts and screws.
  21. I have a build thread but no build photos as such, i just followed a dash removal guide from somewhere, centre consul out, speedo cluster out, two small plastic trims by a pillars, drop the lower dash panels and your at them. No fading and if there was would just replace, was £70 tops. No blistering but was thorough with the prep, all panels thoroughly cleaned of any silicon dash sprays etc Cant find the place anymore, bought from ebay whilst searching for something else, try self adhesive suede wrap, self adhesive alcantara wrap, something along those lines, you need to search ebay worldwide though as was from china or similar.
×
×
  • Create New...