Jump to content

Ceejay29

Members
  • Posts

    1,700
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ceejay29

  1. Thanks. I only held it up in place and immediately decided that I did not like it, the standard Nissan one looked much nicer IMO. Now I am unfortunately left with a thick glue/material mark where a badge once was and its proving to be a sod to remove!
  2. After reading a few detailing posts and the guide, I decided to ditch some of the basic products I have been using for years and invested in some recommended ones and I am over the moon. Again another big thumbs up to the guys who provide information and advice on this forum So I spent a few hours on the beast and here are the results and products used; Mer High Shine Shampoo Meguaris Clay Bar Kit Dodo Juice Lime Prime Lite Dodo Juice Purple Haze Wax Afterwards I decided to remove the rear Nissan burger for a black Z burger, which funnily enough I now do not like, and have been left with copious amounts of glue and adhesive material. What can I use to remove it? I have tried hot soapy water, picking at it and credit cards etc, I presume white spirit will damage the body work? Also is it possible to buy the 'Z' badge alone as I will stick that on and go for a flusher look which should also cover the two holes.
  3. When I say straddle, I mean that the front wheels are both over whilst the rears are not and the speed bump is between (car may become beached)
  4. No love for speed bumps, I have to tackle four everyday when leaving the house and the zed is stanced quite low! Ekona hit the nail on the head, its all about slow speed and angles (which will annoy your neighbours when rushing for work first thing in the morning). Large speed bumps are fine as they have a 'table top', its the little f****rs that you have to watch out for as you have to straddle them.
  5. £1400 for a bumper alone? Ouch!!
  6. Thanks for all the feedback guys, should enable me to get a few quotes and judge them accordingly
  7. Certainly is a nasty one! Had a feeling we may be facing a hefty invoice Thanks
  8. Hi Guys, Unfortunately my partners Cooper S was keyed across two panels Friday, this is happening to people far too often, the zed was parked opposite......rather worried about that now! Any ideas on a rough cost to repair? Pictures below Thanks
  9. Ah man, terrible news! I honestly do not understand why people do this. There is nothing to gain from it, it is pathetic! I would love to catch somebody in the act, would wring their neck!
  10. Just had a look at a bumper tuck, new to me, and potentially something else to add to the ever-growing list......damn this forum!! I think I would go for one if I had a different exhaust system, I am not sure if it would look right with the back box exposed. I am definitely sold by tez162003 gunmetal post though.....wow! (Apologies if it is bad etiquette to mention a member) http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/62258-show-me-your-a/page__st__20
  11. Thanks. Haha, not sure how to take the alarmed/gasping icon.....that logo seems to attract both positive and negative responses!!
  12. Decided to tackle the stainless steel exhaust tips this morning….or lack of them. I don’t think they have ever been cleaned before! I find Scoripion’s slash-cut style tailpipe aesthetically disappointing (although it sounds nice), they do not protrude out from the bumper much, consequently they hard to depict. So I spent around an hour on them, using a wet cloth, steel wool and Autosol metal polish….both bought from ebay, totaling under £5. The wire wool and polish cut through the contamination really well, the inner face of the pipes were harder, but it has made a huge difference. A few before and after: I also decided to address a slight yellow haze towards the top of both headlights. I read online that using regular toothpaste helps to remove oxidisation, so I gave it a go. Simply added a small amount to a dry cloth and rubbed in, thoroughly rinsing the area afterwards. A few before and after: Next step is to wash the car!
  13. So you must be based around the Bath/Bristol area too, are there many of us?
  14. Lovely susnset 350z spotted heading towards Bath on the A46 around 08:00 this morning. Sounded sweet too!
  15. Hi Guys, I am going to make my own Tonneau cover but need to find the dimensions. Does anybody have a genuine one that they could kindly trace around and maybe post to me? That way I can accurately generate a template in AutoCad and laser cut for precision. I will happily subsidise the postage fee and can provide the cad files for others if wanted. Thanks
  16. That is the reason why I hate washing the car. It looks lovely afterwards, but it tends to be overshadowed by the 'new marks' uncovered on the way!
  17. I have found the 'fuel gauge fix' write up and I now know that it is actually quoting in k/m. I will keep an eye on it and attempt to fix it when I get a chance..... another thing added to the list! Cheers guys
  18. Hi guys, driving home this evening and the fuel light pops on……seems to be a regular occurrence! The fuel range quoted me 80k/m (being an import), I initially assumed that this was approximately 50 miles. But on second thoughts, if the speedo has been converted to mph and the digital gauge records mph (but still reads in k/m) then the fuel range must be miles and not kilometres? If this is the case, is it not a bit excessive to have an 80mile fuel range after the warning light comes on? Bearing in mind that the needle is pointing to empty? The reason I ask is that I am trying to establish when I need to put fuel in….ie how long I can drive around with the light on before I run out of fuel. Hope my question makes sense! Chris
  19. PM'd
  20. Very nice indeed!
  21. Ceejay29

    tow eye

    I liked the look of these from EP Racing, not sure of the quality or robustness, but they look nice in my opinion; http://www.epracing.co.uk/EPR-Performance-Accessories/EPR-Tow-Hooks/EPR-Tow-Hooks-Front/c-1-848-850-851/
  22. Ah ok Gudzy, thanks. I will have too keep an eye out for the sale of your k&n!
  23. Wow nice bay! I have been researching induction kits and have been struggling on what to decide, whether to keep the original airbox and replace the standard filter with a high flow filter, to invest in a pop charger or maybe a K&N Typhoon. I do not expect performance gains but I am after a bit of a growl and certainly do not want a substantial power loss. May I ask why you replaced the Typhoon with the pop charger? Also am I right in thinking the Typoon is CAI? Thanks Chris
  24. I would also be interested in this as I currently have a scorpion y-pipe back exhaust fitted and silenced de-cats to fit. I have also been considering the Stillen y-pipe and will probably fit it all at once when finance permits, although my patience is wearing thin and I may give in and fit the de-cats!
×
×
  • Create New...