Jump to content

Ceejay29

Members
  • Posts

    1,700
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Ceejay29

  1. Sweet ride and good effort on the maintenance. I love the side skirts, what are they called? So you went through two pairs of Japspeed decats? Did you get a refund?
  2. Ceejay29

    Road Tax

    Ouch Haha maybe I should stop moaning then
  3. Ceejay29

    Road Tax

    Thanks Marzman, I have a feeling we are being over/undercharged....something isn't right I am slightly confused as to whether or not the DVLA refer my Zed as a UK or JDM car. It was imported in Feb 2004, I have lots of documentation, including the certificate of cancellation registration (very interesting). The car was advertised as a 350z when I bought it, not a Fairlady Z, additionally the V5 refers to it as a 350, not a Fairlady. Both the road tax reminder and V5 state that the CO2 figure is 294 G/KM and it appears that I am paying the road tax cost of a UK Zed? After a quick search on the DVLA webpage, they suggest that I should be paying £280, this is the exact same cost as a UK zed currently advertised on auto trader (whereas my reminder states £270 and Pete's JDM is £250) Doubt I will contact them as it is probably more likely than a new reminder will be issued at £280 not £250, slightly unprofessional in my eyes. Hmmmm....?
  4. Ceejay29

    Road Tax

    £250 or £270?
  5. Ceejay29

    Road Tax

    Really, strange that it is inconsistent. I may give them a call, depending on what the UK zed charge is.
  6. Ceejay29

    Road Tax

    Hi Guys, I am pretty sure that I have read a topic somewhere on this forum (can't find it now) regarding road tax, and I am pretty certain that a member mentioned that the road tax for a JDM vehicle is cheaper? Anyway, I have just received my first renewal reminder and thought I'd see what others are paying. I have a 2003 import and have been asked for a payment of; £148.50 for 6 months or £270 for 12 months. Is this cheaper than the UK Zed or is it a myth? Thanks
  7. I don't think these will hang about for long! GLWTS
  8. Dave I featured on your 'spotted topic,' nobody responds to mine and you are the only one who acknowledges me on the roads
  9. I live in Bath too. I presume you have a private plate that includes your name/initials or is it ridiculously small?
  10. That was the first time I have seen it in the car park, it has to be new toy, a very nice one at that! Nearly took a photo and probably shouldn't post one up without the owners permission.
  11. Alex I thought I had my first successful response to a "spotted" ...maybe one day! I presume you often drive that route then? Do you live local to Bath/Bristol?
  12. The blade was around 12:00, pretty sure it was an import.
  13. Let me know if it works
  14. A student owns a 370z?!!! Its probably government funded . You'd be surprised what you see in the student car park, there are a fair few diamonds in the rough.....Range Rovers, Porsches, AMG mercs, M3's etc.
  15. Flashed a blade 350 heading up the A46 towards the M4, no response so felt like a tit again and spotted a cracker in UWE car park 20.......a monterey blue 370z! Felt weak at the knees but managed to walk past, what a colour .
  16. A cracking Zed, and sweet rims
  17. Have I missed the cut off? If not I would want one Let me know? 1) Buster - Black 2) Aus10 - Gold 3) Marzman - Blue 4) Paddy78 - Blue 5) Evilscorp - Black 6) Plummerman - Blue 7) Stanzed - Black 8) smudgeon - Purple 9) kiingsi - gold 10) (maybe) CrumbMC red (closest to Ferrari style red as possible) 11) KyleR - Orange 12) Ceejay29 - Anodised Red 13) 14) 15)
  18. I am a huge F1 fan (probably an understatement in my girlfriends eyes) but will give the Moto GP ago this season. The new qualifying format seems pretty similar to that of F1. I have watched a few races in the past, but never followed it fully. Need to try and follow a rider, who is this Cal Crutchlow?
  19. Thanks It is dropped with Eibach Pro Street coilovers, has Nissan to BMW PCD 29mm adaptors (I'm not sure why the previous owner did this as they are bloody expensive in comparison to normal spacers) and its sat on gloss black BMW Style 19's with an offset of et12 (badge will be coming off soon). Looks nice but could be a pain in the arse trying to figure out what set of wheels will fit in the future.
  20. I'm with you Pete, this looks mean, certainly has some presence! I wonder if it has air suspension? Must have. Although I am not sure if I would ever want to create this set up, wouldn't be fun to drive, you would be worrying about every undulation in the road let alone potholes! And regarding air suspension.....how much weight would that add to the car!! When I first bought mine, I couldn't clear speed bumps at all or even venture into multi-story car parks (the pitch of the ramps between levels were too steep ). Compromise is the key and its bloody hard to get right, I am always increasing/decreasing the ride height trying to find a happy medium between aesthetic and function. Most stanced car owners only drive routes they know and take 'second everyday runners' out into the real unknown world'.
  21. Congratulations on your marriage Benjy, Bath is a lovely city, glad you both enjoyed your stay I cant believe you have seen so many zeds! I live in Bath and have only seen around four in the space of six months and most of the time people refuse to wave back at me . I own the second one, have just treated it to a clean, shame it was filthy when you saw it, and my friend owns the Black Edition 370 that you probably saw (very nice!). He isn't actually a member on the forum, I am trying to persuade him to join. I am not sure about number one and four, but have recently discovered that the lovely number three belongs Bockaaarck. I have also seen quite a few s14's recently, the odd skyline and I know a few Zealou5 Jap cars that are based within the Bath area - all getting ready for Japfest
×
×
  • Create New...