Spoke to somebody in the know last eve, and yes all the Teams have agreed to it, need to be ratified at the next
FIA Meeting. I still think its a stupid idea..but that's just my opinion, I remember when there were NO safety cars.
I believe the proposed concept is that it's just the re-start taking place is from the grid, so there will still be the procession behind the safety car whilst the marshals clear up whatever caused it but when the safety car goes in, they'll then proceed to the grid, stop in their boxes and wait for the green light. It'll be no different to the cars than the stoppage between precession lap and race start before every single race.
Sounds like a complete waste of good racing time..
So how long behind the safety car are they going to take to put all the cars in the correct
order for a new grid to be formed halfway through a race..!!.