Jump to content

mouthwash

Members
  • Posts

    3,049
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mouthwash

  1. pretty severe accident isnt someone bumping you in the rear at 30mph at a set of traffic lights tho is it No it's not but I would say smashing your sump or having paint stripper thrown over the car is pretty severe, stop nit picking my words.
  2. Not my cup of tea I'm afraid (I don't even like tea really).
  3. Curious why you think a Cat C car which has been repaired and passed a VIC (assuming it has ) is worth half the money ? if the asking price book money was 6k ok maybe a drop to 5 maybe even 4.5k but 3k? It's not just me that views it in this light, why spend £5k on a car that's had an unknown - pretty severe accident (CAT C is pretty massive damage) when you could spend another £1k and have a car without the shady history. I realise you can buy a car that hasn't been written off that's had a severe impact but that's why you should get a car checked over if you're not competent enough to do it yourself. Cat C and D are usually no economical repairs doesn't mean it been involved in a pile up at 100mph, If its been VIC inspected by vosa and was cat c or cat d and can prove its been repaired by a reputable bodyshop i cant see the issue in it being put for 70-75% of its market value Cat C could be it had paint stripper poured over it? Cat C could be water damage to the interior? Cat C could be it got the sump smashed and required another engine? I never mentioned anything about 100 mph pile up but the car was written off in 2009 which means to be a Cat C (I should stop capitalising the whole word) the repair had to have been more than the cars value (which must have been around 9/10k?). So yeah, I'd hazard a guess it's not had a pretty life and I suppose at the end of the day it's up to each individual on how they value a Cat C car. It wouldn't get more than £3500 of my money though which is probably around 60 - 70% of its value?
  4. Welcome Sounds to me like you need a Nismo front lip to go with that Nismo spoiler of yours.... *cough* head to the 350z parts for sale section *cough*
  5. I feel like me and you Mr Cage should be best friends just for your avatar. Got to love a bit of Mr Cage.
  6. Curious why you think a Cat C car which has been repaired and passed a VIC (assuming it has ) is worth half the money ? if the asking price book money was 6k ok maybe a drop to 5 maybe even 4.5k but 3k? It's not just me that views it in this light, why spend £5k on a car that's had an unknown - pretty severe accident (CAT C is pretty massive damage) when you could spend another £1k and have a car without the shady history. I realise you can buy a car that hasn't been written off that's had a severe impact but that's why you should get a car checked over if you're not competent enough to do it yourself.
  7. Wasn't the GT Edition available in yellow too? I'm pretty sure I've seen one about here.
  8. Tell him you know it's a CAT C and you will offer somewhere in the region of £3k for it? That's probably all it's worth. That's also probably the reason why he's not trying to main stream sell it but offer it about here and there to unsuspecting people not because he wants to keep it, it's just a lemon as I think I called earlier. Other thing is, he wasn't straight up about the CAT C so what else has he lied about / not told you. Give the reg number out now so people know which one to avoid?
  9. Something stinks and I know it's not me, I changed my underwear this morning.
  10. Unless someone has retrofitted a UK bumper to the car (odd choice) then it's a UK car.
  11. I think they had a different set of option lists over there? I think they could purchase all of the above but not in the 'GT Pack'. I'm sure a resident jap expert will be along to reveal all. Have you got a picture of the rear? Where is the fog light.
  12. Ahh okay, thanks
  13. Hold on, something doesn't add up here - people often quote 10k+ to get any kind of FI done properly? £3800 + let's just say another £2k to get everything else sorted that people have mentioned in this thread... that's a long shot from 10k? What's missing? Just curious if one of the FI experts could indulge me
  14. Oh well, I think a silver lip on a blue car would look very nice.
  15. A spot here and there and you could probably put it down to condensation but if it looks like a vat of manonaise (yes that's right) I don't think I would take the car home and risk it.
  16. Bit odd that he's reluctant to supply pictures, my advice would be have your mate take a good look over the car. Going up there with rose tinted glasses on because it may or may not be a nismo or have nismo goodies on may influence your decision to buy a lemon. I think I can say after this thread no one wants to see you come back on here and go 'found mayo on the oil filler cap ' Sorry if it sounds harsh but I can tell your excited from just reading your posts. EDIT: Also if it's silver and doesn't have the nismo front lip on it stop by my for sale thread.
  17. Bottom of my first post
  18. Yeah, IE seems to hate this forum. I use Firefox these days, works perfectly well.
  19. Playing a bit of Dark Souls 2 at the moment, more of the same really but that is not a bad thing at all... I just love how the game explains absolutely nothing.
  20. Ah I do apologise, everything came off a DE car.
  21. Following my recent visit to the ZedShed I really need to offload a few bits and pieces to recover some of the cash I wasn't expecting to spend. So here they are: First up we have a Tarmac front splitter (Nismo replica) finished in Blade Silver. The paint job is OK but there is a rough patch on the top right part that sits beneath the grill, I was told that this was due to the quality of the product (this is the place that also told me it wouldn't fit, so make your own mind up there). There are also two parts on either corner that have flaked off due to having to stretch it to fit, it is however in shape now and should quite easily go straight onto another 350 no hassle. It's been on my car for less than a month. There are a few scuffs on the underside but nothing noticeable once fitted. SOLD. If you want it shipped you do so at your own risk, it strikes me as the item that will get easily damaged in transit. Next up we have some clear reflectors that I've had fitted again for about a month, they came from Tarmac. SOLD Last and actually least is the two headlight washers from an OEM Blade Silver bumper, SOLD. I usually work pretty close to home so can be about whenever if you want to collect during the day. So just to repeat I am not looking to deliver the splitter, you can however arrange for a man in a van to come and take it from me but I relinquish all responsibility if this is the path you want to take. I'm located in Worthing, West Sussex EDIT: These are all from a DE car.
  22. Forgot to add as I've just woken up from my nap, was nice to meet some other people off the forum too. Think Humpy, Mattross123124121321, glrnet and another chap named Ash(?). Thanks for the bargain again, guess I should thank glrnet for having the willpower he does.
×
×
  • Create New...