Jump to content

14N

Moderators
  • Posts

    6,196
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 14N

  1. The fact that you 'gunned it' in 2nd and was changing into 3rd whilst approaching a set of traffic light (regardless of what colour they were), isn't really going to help your cause IMO.
  2. Just wait until it snows....
  3. Yeah, that'll change now you've actually got a Zed. I've not seen it yet, but I can already tell you it's the wrong/slowest colour, the wheels are incorrectly spaced, it's riding too high, your exhaust is too quiet and your aerial is too long. to the forum.
  4. Thanks guys, and thanks for the offer Vlad. I've just booked it in with my lo9cal indy that I trust. With the water pump cream crackered and the fact that it's now leaking, I'm not really able to drive it far. The water pump itself is relatively cheap, it just that it's quite labour intensive getting down to it, so it makes sense to change the cambelt and dephaser pulley while you're down that far. It's just £500 I'd rather spend elsewhere. But I guess once it's all done, I'll have peace of mind and a healthy daily. I'm using my Zed at the moment - 2 days of use and it's covered in tree sap, bird poo and I've already caught the underside of the sideskirt on an enthusiastic speed hump
  5. Does look a great article and pics. I wonder if she'd sign my copy of Banzai if I brought it to The Ace.
  6. Bradders there everyone. Clearly paying attention to the road ahead at 50mph......
  7. Hi-5 the 98k club! 04 98k
  8. Ok, update. Me and the Cluo (sorry, the Clio and I), have been getting along just fine. It's being used as my daily commuter, a van, a taxi, a shopping cart and a general dogsbody a gopher. But I still treat her well, clean and polish her (occasionally) and all in all, it's a blast. Until now. She's suddenly become incontinent Dipped my fingers in the wet patch and gave 'em a sniff (as ya do) - it's not petrol or oil, it's water/coolant. The radiator is further over to the other side, so it ain't that. Further investigation and it looks like the water pump has gone. Bugger. As Renault, in their infinite wisdom, have squeezed a 2.0l engine into a tiny bay, there ain't a lot of room down there. And if you're gonna change the water pump, you may as well change the cambelt, pulleys (as a kit) and also something called a 'dephaser' pulley. Most jobs on a car, including the Zed, me and me mate would happily tackle ourselves. But not this one. This one looks a right PITA with the restricted access for starters. Cheapest quote I've had to replace the water pump, cambelt and pulleys is £520. Bugger. Anyone wanna buy an incontinent Clio?
  9. Mucho respect for doing this yourself
  10. I keep my soap on a rope after a bad experience in prison while picking my shower gel up off the floor....
  11. 99RON? Are you supposed to run a Zed on Super Unleaded then? Isn't 95RON okay?
  12. Hmmm.... Yellow. Now there's a thought....
  13. Cheers guys I wasn't sure how the orange plenum would look and knew it wouldn't be to everyone's taste, but for the sake of £20 on materials and a couple of hours with the spanners, I figured I'd give it a go. I still wasn't sure even after I'd painted it. But once I refitted it and then started to put everything else back on, I decided I liked it. I did also paint the battery and fluid covers orange, but this was WAY too much Tango. After a failed attempt at painting the dots and lettering on the covers black, I decided carbon was the way forward and figured the orange lettering would finish it off. Like most things I've done, it was a suck it and see exercise. And I like how it concluded
  14. Ok so the voices in my head told me to paint my plenum and throttle body orange. When I ignored them they started shouting until I gave in and did it to shut them up. They also told me to get a pair of carbon battery and brake fluid covers. I'm glad the voices persisted now, as I really like it combined with the carbon covers. I think I've finished now.... And before anyone mentions it, yes I do have a '- Battery +' decal
  15. Chances are it's either a K1 or a K2 (if it is a Japspeed and not been bodged together like you suspect). To help identify which you have, take a lok at this thread - both are very different. http://www.350z-uk.c...vs-japspeed-k2/ EDIT: Just found your post in your build thread. You have a K1 my friend (Same as me) With some TLC and elbow grease, you should be able to clean it up to a presentable level, although if pitted, I doubt you'll see a mirror finish.
  16. Both one and the same mate.
  17. Looks good Chris
  18. Hello and
  19. Adding colour to an engine bay is a pointless unneccessary evil and it can easily be over-done. Some folk just don't know when to stop. "...just leave alone now...." wise words my friend
  20. I was perfectly happy with my HU. But now I'm thinking of an upgrade. Might make an interesting conversation. "So, what features are you looking for? Bluetooth? iPod connectivity?" "Boobs".
  21. Red Bull gives you Big Gay Wings!
  22. Beware of cheap hoes.
  23. ..... Just looking for a good time Will
  24. I'm sure I saw this card (with 'Whacky Will' and a mobile number) dotted around several phone boxes in Central London.....
×
×
  • Create New...