-
Posts
7,614 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by KyleR
-
Thanks for the info, could save me from wasting cash. About the 63's, I'm not even sure `I like them I love the inside, I love the engine, but aside from a badge and a couple of extra exhaust pipes, it's just like any other C/CL class. Although the M6 looks just like any other 6 series, 6 series are quite rare as they are. I've only seen 4 on the roads over here compared to C/CL's every day. This is possibly the hardest decision I've ever had to make
-
I plan to stick around after I sell the Zed shortly. I'm bound to have some knowledge that I can pass on to the next generation, plus it means I can join the "The Zed is Crap" club
-
I sat in a 12-13 year old 996 and the leather was in great nick for the age and mileage, but I'm thinking more like bushes starting to fail, fuel and water pumps etc. None of those things are too expensive on their own, but it's £500 at a time i'd prefer to do without. When I decided I wanted to move on the Zed, I originally wanted to buy brand new, maybe a 370 or BRZ/86, just to have something fresh and new. But then I can to my senses and decided I didn't want to lose £2-3k a year in depreciation. So decided to go for something I could never afford new and won't lose much over the next few years, as well as a car I won't want to spend a fortune modding. The 997 I'd only want to retrofit Sports Chrono at about £700 and the M6 I might consider the carbon front lip and thats it. So, I think I've cancelled out the 997, just because of the warranty issues with it being 9. That doesn't mean I'll definitely get an M6, but it's certainly an option along with a 63 AMG if I can find one I like in my price range.
-
I'm guessing over £300 for that and thats if you use some guy with his own place out in the woods with low rates. Might be almost worth buying some Nismo arch extensions instead.
-
His was a genuine question that isn't as common as 'What exhaust should I get' As Lexx pointed out, you've been here over 3 years... he's joined up 2 months ago... I've been here almost a year and get so bored of the usual 'What exhaust should I get' There's a hundreds of threads about the same thing. Just because you have a soft top doesn't make the thread any different....it's the same as driving with windows down. It was only a joke mate. Im sure Lexx would see it like that. Chill out a bit Alright mate, Grundy clearly missed the sarcasm in your voice as you typed your post…
-
If they'd said to me it'll be another 350 for adding an exhaust I would have canceled the policy there an then. Thats disgusting.
-
*banana bar bush, IronMan Halo's, door handles* 10% off for Xmas?
KyleR replied to KyleR's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Keep an eye on the listing, I keep it pretty up to date -
Not really, you want grip from drifting, those things will pop before the first clipping point lol
-
Nearly, Mezger engines as fitted to the Turbos (excluding 997.2 ) and GT models do not have an IMS. They can still suffer from bore scoring, but no more so than any other engine ever produced. It's the M96/97 engines that are the concern. Kyle, I wouldn't consider a 60k mile engine to be out of the danger zone: You'd need to look towards 80k+ before I'd be a bit more comfortable. Sitting around isn't too bad (although 3k miles isn't a lot at all), it's the warming and cooling that's the issue. A car that only does a 10min trip to work and back is never going to warm properly, and you'll be at massive risk. A car that does 20mins either way will be infinitely better. The problem I then have with 80k+ is the stigma I have with the 100k mark. I know they will do double that, but then condition starts to suffer. I'm beginning to think I should wait for the 997.2 or buy a 996 Turbo if it wasn't so ugly. The M6 is looking more attractive now providing I can get a AUC warranty on it.
-
Up to 08 I think it was or maybe 09 when the 997.2 came out and they changed the design. I'm sure if I went for it nothing would happen, but it's the risk and knowing the IMS goes it's going to cost 5 figured to get it fixed! You can fit an aftermarket warning kit for the IMS failure, which will give you a warning of some sorts before you cause expensive damage. However, have not known anyone to kit one in my limited exposure to them. A good friend of mine got a 70k C4S 997.1 for £25k or something, and its a great car, though not massively faster than my DE Zed, but its a lovely place to sit, and the noise is growing on me. He went for a higher mileage car, as its less likely to suffer the IMS failure etc. The one I'm looking at is 2005 and 64k, so like you say, chances are slim compared to a low miler. I think an issue they have that increases the likelihood of failure is sitting around not being driven and thats why high milers are thought as safer. In my ownership it would sit about a bit, maybe 3k a year after the first couple of honeymoon months.
-
Up to 08 I think it was or maybe 09 when the 997.2 came out and they changed the design. I'm sure if I went for it nothing would happen, but it's the risk and knowing the IMS goes it's going to cost 5 figured to get it fixed!
-
Yea, you mentioned a few checks to me before to get done, incl. Overrevs. It's a real shame that these issues exist because I'm sure many many people have been put off buying them because they know they can't afford £10k to fix it. I think there is a distinct possibility I'll give it a miss and wait until he 997.2's become affordable to me and then jump into a Porker. I'll still take one for a spin, though, I need to have a go at least
-
Lives near me. I could help someone ship them if they want
-
TOMORROW? Get the effing thing up now, I wanna hear it!!! lol
-
TS 350/370z 20mm and 25mm Spacers Group Buy £100
KyleR replied to Tarmac@TarmacSportz's topic in Tarmac Sportz
If I were to stick my name down, is there any way I could get a set early? I only ask as the car is getting prepped for sale at the moment and the fugly OEM wheels are on, the £100 I spend on these will be well worth the price. I expect the car to possibly be gone as early as next week. If there is something we can arrange, give us a shout, otherwise not to worry, no biggy -
Tell me the truth, what are the real world chances of it going bang? Not the internet scare story bullshit, but in reality, how often does it happen?
-
The M cars aren't really all that bad. I'll have a slush fund for emergencies such as bi and tri annual big services and brakes. I can afford it, providing I can get an AUC warranty on it, because without the warranty, if something goes bang like the SMG, I won't be able to afford to put it back on the road without maxing out several credit cards lol
-
*banana bar bush, IronMan Halo's, door handles* 10% off for Xmas?
KyleR replied to KyleR's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
If they're still here you can certainly have them -
Problem is that the Porsche is 9 years old and may not be warrantable
-
£500 a month? Including depreciation over the next 3 years, tax, insurance, 2 oil services and an Inspection 1, plus fully comp AUC warranty? Yea, sounds about right But taking depreciation out, it'll cost about £250 per month, which is fine.
-
There has been plenty of rubbish sprouted on this forum about moving the butterfly valve, so I understand your hesitation. As you found out on your own, there is nothing to worry about, you can move it around all you like and it'll spring back Regarding the plenum, there may be a slight benefit from cleaning it, but to be honest, it's such a ball ache that its not worth it. Too many hoses to disconnect and one of them, the one at the back, is a real pain in the ass to get back on.
-
I had about 15 mods with Admiral. It's all about how they note them, so if you have a cat back exhaust plus headers and HFC's, thats only 1 mod with them as its all exhaust. The only issue is you wont get money for them if the car gets stolen or they get damaged, they only deal in OEM parts, but its great for cheap insurance to get you on the road legally
-
Are they the same as a coupe floor matt? Nope.
-
Why does everyone hate the 1 series hatch? I think it's a great looking wee car
-
*banana bar bush, IronMan Halo's, door handles* 10% off for Xmas?
KyleR replied to KyleR's topic in 350z Parts For Sale
Monday bump