Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. I did have a bit of traffic on the way back. We wouldn't get the sort of traffic over here outside of Belfast that you guys are used to over there. But it wasn't too bad, if you're really easy on the throttle it'll move off ok, but I do tend to find that it's not in the same gear that I'd like it to be if it was manual. It sits a gear or 2 lower than I would, but I guess it's an auto box, it knows best lol The only thing I've noticed is when in auto and it changes from 2-3, there's a bit of a squeak as the clutch engages, so I'm gonna have a search around for what that may be.
  2. They're awesome! If I ever end up back in a Zed, they will be mine!!
  3. Thats a funny looking 350Z
  4. What heat shield? That triangle bit stuck at the back of it? Aye, rip it off
  5. BulletMagnet has them, the lucky ****er
  6. Drove the M6 again today on a more extended test drive. I set up the MDrive to the hardest/fastest/most awesomeness setting and set off. Straight away I could hear the dampers setting themselves to their new harder setting and as soon as I touched the throttle I could feel it was much much sharper too. The whole car is phenomenal, inside and out. There are a few stone chips on the front as expected and the interior is blemish free. It's also still on it's first own who happens to be the 3rd biggest car dealer in the country and the 2nd biggest BMW garage. BONUS! I also popped over to see the 997 too. Out the outside it's beautiful, truly stunning. However the interior hasn't aged well at only 64k with marks and dimples on the leather, gear knob is worn and also marks in the plastics too. I didn't even ask for the keys, just got back into the car and went to see the M6 again
  7. You see this with 350's as well. One day you will see them at £5k, then a week later the cheapest is £6.5k. It's not because the prices are rising, it's just the scrap at the bottom of the barrel has all been bought up.
  8. Your car will be fine. Apart from the odd creak or squeak here or there, it'll hold up well providing its looked after, like any car. They're rather solid, but when you have a community with X number of thousands of people with the same car, you're going to read about the odd problem people are having.
  9. Heatshields aren't required on the 350. Sometimes the floor might get a little warm if you have HFC's or decats, but its nothing to worry about.
  10. **** I'm gonna miss my car
  11. Re. lowering- The Apex springs will be perfectly fine, don't let people spend your money. Eibachs are good springs, don't get me wrong, but they're not twice as good as Apex to justify the price. Oh, and here is a pic of 19's lowered 30mm
  12. Needs more lows
  13. I think that first photo is at a bad angle and because the tyre tread looks dusty compared to the wall, it somehow makes it look worse.
  14. I voted for the R34. If you have an itch, it needs scratched, simple as!
  15. 19's, not lowered
  16. Actually, after looking at the picture you decided it looked much better lowered and therefore now you want that too It'll look no worse than 18's as the tyre circumference is the same and in fact lowered on 18's will also look better than it does now.
  17. Then your car would be put in the appropriate place................. I would imagine the whole carpark has those signs, not just that area where he parked, so there would be no appropriate place for long stays.
  18. Just ignore it, don't reply to them in any way shape or form. Chuck the letter in the bin as you didn't receive it. Was it sent recorded delivery? Do they have proof that you have the letter? Cant hey prove that you are the person who parked the car? Since they can't prove you parked the car, they can't hold you responsible for the "fine". Only the authorities can charge you as the registered keeper of a vehicle, whether you were in charge of it at the time or not.
  19. 10% off…
  20. It would be list price only. If you had a £3k set of Volks TE37's stolen and your car left on bricks, you'd get standard OEM 18's, Rays if you're super lucky lol So basically they declare that you have the modifications and get you not he road legally, but refuse to cover the cost of them. After all, if you have a TT kit installed, that would likely cost more than the rest of the car.
  21. How so? Besides, it's not as pretty
  22. I ran through a quote today and it gave me the option to add cover to mods for an extra £29.95/yr. Yes, but it's only to the value of £500 or 10% of the value of the vehicle, whichever is lower. Waste of time once you have a set of alloys or an exhaust system fitted. Great for insuring you £12.99 stubby aerials, though
  23. KyleR

    M3 V8 E92

    Not sure what sort of miles you'll be doing in it, but it might be worth while seeing if the dealer would give you more discount instead of the warranty? The reason I say this and mention mileage is because if the car has had a gap in BMW warranty, it is apparently more difficult to get them to cover it again if the car is over the 60k mark and/or doesn't have FBMWSH, but you have the latter of course.
  24. Can I ask what made you decide on the M3 over the M6?
  25. This is something I find I keep telling myself about the Bimmers and AMGs. Most people will just see a nice German barge, whereas everyone will see an incredible sports car in the 911. I think if the Porsche was 3 years younger so I could keep it for a few years under warranty, it would be a no brainer, but I really can't afford to fix a catastrophic failure in it or the Six, so I really do need that warranty. I understand what you're saying about life being too short, so maybe it's best I go for the M6. When is there ever going to be another V10 engine outside of an Italian supercar? I can always get a 911 in 2 or 3 years when the price of the 997.2 come down.
×
×
  • Create New...