Jump to content

KyleR

Members
  • Posts

    7,614
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by KyleR

  1. KyleR

    orange zed?

    I personally don't like the orange of the newer cars, love the sunset orange of the older ones though, especially if they have matching interior
  2. Went out to check them yesterday only to find the washer bottle was empty Filled it up today and they are working That's one less thing I have to get fixed before MoT on the 10th!
  3. haha The road was awful! Not even close to being smooth and pretty narrow with no road markings, you know the sort! Going any faster would have either left me with sciatica and probably a large bill to foot for new suspension... hmmmm nice excuse to get coil overs. I could be down that road again pretty shortly
  4. On Sunday i'd only reset the computer after filling up, drove for a good few miles at 40mph in 6th with the computer registering 39.2mpg!!
  5. KyleR

    orange zed?

    Here's one I seen a while ago, Red roadster, 05, priced at 9k and it's maybe a bit far away from you, but seems like a good car, even if it is a little over priced. http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-moto ... n/96020455
  6. You're 100% correct, I had it up to 39.2mpg according to the computer on Sunday for half an hour or so, until I had to find a parking space in a very busy carpark, then it dropped to about 27/28 and it's stayed there ever since. However, the average is only 21, but i've never seen the mpg drop below 27 since filling up and resetting on Sunday?
  7. This is a tricky one. I would definitely have the same car as my dad, but although he's 56, he still thinks he's in his 20's, therefore has pretty good modern taste in cars and various other things. It's all down to the dad at the end of the day.
  8. hey wesmin, looks like you're in the same boat as me I may have found a closer Shell than Belfast in Banbridge, if it's still there, but it'll still be a 24 mile round trip for me to get the 99, which would leave me 5 miles down on a tank. There used to be one less than a km from me and then a bp a few hundred yards down the road, but they closed the BP, changed the Shell to BP then opened and brand new BP practically next door to me. If it was still there i'd even pay the extra penny or 2 for V-Power over BP Ultimate for the sake of the comparison. It's rather annoying that they're just saying it won't be available. I don't see the difference in putting it in mainland forecourts and here, especially as there is no competition for HO fuel over 97 in this country. It seems like an open market that Tesco could cheaply and easily corner as it's 100 times cheaper for Tesco to ship some 99 to it's forecourts here than Shell opening up stations. It's another typical example of us in this wee country getting shafted once again! Rant over
  9. Yea I'm not really all that concerned about it being the right fuel, as after reading this thread through i've learnt that 97 will be ok to keep the car happy. It's more the point that I can't use the fuel recommended for the car and i'm sure other cars too as it's not available. More principle than anything else. Plus as I mentioned before about the mileage comparison between 97 and 99, it would have been interesting as Tesco 99 is a god few pennies cheaper than BP's 97. I'm sure it would have only been 1- 1.5mpg, but considering our cars high fuel usage, it could have saved a decent amount of cash.
  10. Well that's my only option, but all those are only RON 97 and I really wanted the 98/99 that the car requires, not only to be OCD about it, but also because I don't know what fuel has been used in the car in it's previous lives. Also, I was looking forward to doing the 97 v 99 MPG comparison.
  11. As others have said, take the money and run. There are plenty out there for your £6.5k. 04 GT's with about 60k re currently being advertised for 7k, so you could easily get them down to 6.5k and shave 20-30k off your current mileage with no cat c/d to worry about come sale time.
  12. I don't even know how to activate them, any tips?
  13. 2 owners probably means previous owners when the dealer took it in, so the guy who used to own the car was the 3rd, a simple mistake from the advertiser in my opinion. As for the colour, it look like gun metal, which is just a dark grey silver and the best colour in my opinion. It's an 04 GT with 61k going for under 6k, if all is in order with the car it's a freaking bargain and i'd buy it in a second if I hadn't already got one!
  14. Went to fill up at Tesco's after alms running the tank dry at the weekend, only to find that it doesn't sell 99, then after checking the website, I discovered that Tesco 99 is only available on the mainland. So, that affectively means I can not put the correct fuel into the Zed as the only garages within 20 miles are BP, Texaco, Jet etc, not even a Shell. I might sent Tesco a little email notifying them of this, as there are probably quite a few people around here who would love to put 99 in their cars.
  15. I hear this also the correct path to take with females of the species...
  16. I sold my Ducati 749 to buy the 350Z this year, and now that the sunny weather is coming in I really wish I still had the Duc! So if I was in your shoes with £7k budget, i'd be keeping the 350 and buying a bike, specifically a Ducati. I''ve done the whole Jap bike thing and they are greg, very fast, but there is nothing like the sound of Ducati's L-Twins ringing in your ear as you pull hard out of a corner. Plus the clutch grabs so fast and the gear changes are so positive due to the dry clutch set up. For your 7k you could pick up a real minter of a 3 year old rice rocket or a year or 2 older Ducati 1098 with low miles. There is one for sale close to me for £7,700, 2700 miles 2007 with Termi pipes which are an extra costing nearly £1500!
  17. There is a small local dealer quite close to me with 2 '04 Zed's, both have a shade under 60k, within a few hundred miles of each other, one is gunmetal the other is black. Both are GT's in pretty much the same condition, although eh GM has a scrape on the front bumper, but I'm sure the dealer will sort that out before releasing the car. However, the GM is listed at 7k, the black at 9k! I actually think the GM looks better, but it's all in the eye of the beholder at the end of the day. I still bought a black one sold privately in the end, as dealer didn't seem to want my money for the GM.
  18. This is not true. There is many cars on here with much much higher mileage still on original clutch. I'm on late 20k's on original clutch with a good few miles on track having its arse kicked. Only quoting from what I read elsewhere. Apparently they average about 40k until a new clutch is needed and mine was changed but he previous owner at 35k due to slippage. I also seen one for sale with 28k on the clock with a very low price tag because it was in need of a new clutch. But if you guys are getting 70k+ out of them, that's great, hopefully i'll be able to get the same as the new clutch has been on for 30k atm.
  19. So is the Zed, mine makes up excuses constantly to take it our for a spin. One time he came back and the computer was registering an average MPG of.... 8!!!!
  20. She's beautiful and that colour is amazing, never seen it before on a Jag. Everything I went to see around here was either the dark blue, champagne or a variation of silver. But the colour was never going to be a deciding factor in my purchase because if I had found a real minter before the Zed I was going to wrap it in BRG When I was considering one, I found this very affordable full exhaust system that I would have liked to have fitted, it gives the cat back it's growl http://www.xk8-parts.com/index.php/cate ... rformance/
  21. 31k miles means it's almost time for a new clutch...
  22. Does the R come standard with all those bits and bobs or were they options? Auto lights would be nice to have in the Zed, along with the auto wipers and auto dimming features. How is the Sat Nav? Most people who have OEM GPS seem to find it pretty useless compared to Garmin etc... I like the idea of adaptive cruise control, however I like setting mine and using the steering controls to adjust speed pretending I'm playing Gran Turismo Memory seats are something I really really want! It takes me ages to find the exact settings I had the seat at after someone else has driven her. I'm actually seriously considering disconnecting the controls once I finally get it back to perfect so it doesn't happen again Anyway, have you any pics of the XK? I'd love to have a peek as I was brought up with Jag's around me, mostly XJ6 and XJS though...
  23. Because of the Rays and low miles i'd say about 7.5k in todays market. Wouldn't add a penny for the exhaust, not because it's good, but because pretty much every single aftermarket upgrade loses pretty much 100% of it's value come sale time if it's still on the car.
  24. But I believe Tesco's is supplied by Greenenergy who's only business is fuel and nothing else, as confirmed by that Wiki article. I also personally won't take any notice of that unfortunate occurrence 5 years ago as these things happen and I'm sure they learnt from their mistake as it cost them millions in car repairs...
  25. But isn't Shell's super (V-power) also 99RON?
×
×
  • Create New...