Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. A heavy landing with the wings full of fuel could over stress them, it's not just a weird excuse! Pffff next you'll be telling me they have to shut down wind turbines in high wind as they cant spin that quick ..... no wait I just always heard these quotes that the wings are so strong you could put twenty elephnats on each wing or something and they wouldnt break. I wonder what the greens think of that fuel 'usage'
  2. ..too heavy to land Not heard that one before. I would be straight off that plane and wait for the next one...there will be beer in the airport!
  3. Looks nice, just read the instructions, makes me laugh - you have companies quoting that its a '30 minute job simple install' which it certainly isnt! Have to jack up the car, even file out part of the transmission! Challenge anyone to do that in 30 minutes!
  4. ...just thought, I could buy one of these! Anyone recommend a brand? Nismo a bit pricey at circa £250 and Japspeed on ebay looks a bit too cheap, generally I dont like Japspeed.
  5. coldel

    Lack of grip...

    I look around and only about 1% of cars probably shift to winter tyres. All your Focuses et al are on summers, I know they are underpowered but its just as easy to put one of those in a barrier as a Zed if you dont respect the conditions.
  6. coldel

    Lack of grip...

    presume = wife / partner in the passenger seat Yep partner, spouse, mother, wife whatever really - they work quite well as much as a D1 Spec! I just got my Zed this year, spent 6 months getting it back to a nice condition. I am going to drive it as long as the sun shines and the ice stays away. I get just as much enjoyment pootling down the road at 20mph as I do booting it around with my foot to the floor...no way am I putting it into hiding for months!
  7. coldel

    Lack of grip...

    Just dont boot it around! Any car, not just a Zed will go off the road if you are giving it the beans. If you got a throttle controller set it to economy that works very nicely. But there are plenty of M3s Z4s and multitudes of other higher powered rear wheel drive cars still out there on the roads even though its been raining, its easy to be sensible and still drive it, although that applies to where I am moreso than maybe northern Scotland right now...
  8. I was pulling out of the BP garage near the M4 junction you rolled in behind me to use the air machine I suspect (as I had just done!)
  9. I am not so sure, he gets all that abuse, doesnt respond and even asks more questions for his new invention. I mean, he could potentially have solved the worlds energy shortage problems with that one...how comes no one ever thought of it before
  10. I pay £12 a month to upgrade my lloyds account to gold, its a joint account with my wife so for that we both get covered for any car either or us are travelling in. Plus you get mobile phone cover blah blah blah. Used it to get me out of trouble once when I accidentally put petrol in my diesel corsa a few years back, they came got me at 5am (was on the way to the parents to get wedding suit fitted and was not paying attention at the pump/had mind on other things!). Bank accounts seem to be offering good deals like that at the moment.
  11. Looked at it proper on you tube and they guy posting put some commentary, he didnt seem at all worried about it and just said that the guy was 'in no mood to hang round' nothing more!
  12. I kitted out my engine bay with silver washers and black bolts all round - got some washers off these guys for the 10mm bolts (counter sunk for kudos!) http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TEGIWA-ENGINE-BAY-WASHERS-NISSAN-350Z-300ZX-ORANGE-SS16-/180567785801 Got some other larger ones (are the 12mm cant remember) off ebay as well plus some more black countersunk bolts. Worked out to about £20 for all the engine bay surround bolts and washers.
  13. Mental that - totally wasnt expecting it at all!
  14. Am having an uprev with a whole host of other mods on thursday - one i did have which I removed and sold was a velocity stack airbox with cosworth filter - have an enclosed stillen cone now wonder how much that will knock off the numbers...again depends if there is a fan on blowing in hot air!
  15. 30s are awesome pal - mature enough to cast judgement on those kids of today but young enough to still go run around on a football pitch etc - the perfect decade if you ask me!
  16. Standard back box is good for up to 400bhp by all accounts, it is the Y pipe that strangles the life out of your engine. Japspeed is 'okay' - the Stillen from Tarmac is widely accepted as being super duper though Just tailor in your expectations on gains, I think a few 276bhp cars have gone on to get 300bhp with the above mods (plus full sports exhaust) but overall it will drive miles better. I am in the process of doing a few mods, added a plenum spacer yesterday, put on a milltek cat back last weekend, berks and uprev on thursday!
  17. Apparently the stock Y pipe is not good for power increases, get that shifted and replaced with something like a stillen Y (tarmac is your man for that), plus some berks and uprev (contact abbey or similar on here for a possible deal on that) and you are plenty way to getting some decent drivability Failing that stick on some new michelins all round once the winter has passed!
  18. I would be in a Bugatti mate! ...I might even have enough money to start a pension as well
  19. The striking comment was a flippant one, although throwing yourself into tens of thousands of pounds worth of debt for a car wasn't and although it sounds like she got away with it, there are lots of people who haven't - nice to hear she gets paid for her overtime, many people dont
  20. coldel

    Three bottles...

    Such a joker nope!
  21. coldel

    Three bottles...

    ...the three bottles on the left hand side of the engine bay, am thinking of getting some better looking replacements, any ideas? Probably some metal bottle combo or something?
  22. I have seen photos of dyno stands and usually they have an enormous fan in front of them - I am assuming that Abbey and the like have that? Otherwise like you say Neil they will just get hot inside a building with no airflow through the front and return heat soaked bhp numbers which are not reflective of on the road performance...
  23. A slight power increase in amongst 300bhp...hmmmm...give me the Stillen intake growl everytime
  24. Aye, I made up my own rear badge! Bought a chrome 350Z sprayed the numbers and left the Z chrome to try highlight the point that its a Z Maybe I should get some crazy font style stick on numbers and letters and make up my own 350Z on the back
  25. ah indeed stand corrected!
×
×
  • Create New...