-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
I know mate and I agree! Its not the FAs decision, as soon as they interfere its makes the manager position pointless. Any manager worth their salt would have done the same thing. It must be frustrating being such an experienced man in football, played for the top teams, played for your country, managed the best teams in the world and have a bunch of old boys club pensioners behaving up the way they do. Nightmare employers.
-
If you want to blame anyone you need to blame the daft judge that thought the trial shouldn't commence until later in the year as it would 'disrupt Chelsea's season' which is an utter farce unto itself, what has a football season got to do with trialling someone for a race hate crime, football in that sense is just a trivial sport played out every week. Still believe though that we will have the usual tosh line up for the England job, any right minded foreign manager wont go for it given the FA, so we will get this big clamour for an English manager from the public, HR will probably get it, nothing spectacular will happen and Harry will bemoan 'lack of preparation' and 'bare bones'. Bring on the next qualifying stages for the next tournament. Terry had to go? Did he? Clearly some thought he did, others thought he didn't. So it isn't 100% he had to go this is whats fundamentally wrong with the whole stupid situation - yet the FA decided that they would take that decision, which wasn't theirs to take. Does the England manager march into FA HQ and tell them how to run football in this country? If the FA employ someone to run the England team, then they let them run it, regardless of what some 80somethings bordering on dementia in a board room who have never kicked a ball in their life think.
-
Regardless of Terry being charged or not it is largely irrelevant, it is not the FA's decision on whether a player is selected for England or whether he is selected as captain - lets be clear about it they do not make selection decisions it is not their job. By intervening they have undermined the manager, a weak manager like Pearce or the like would have just gone along with it, but a manager that knows his rights and his area of authority and his role in decision making, a manager that has achieved more in football than any of the FA board, knows that you don't take that sort of behaviour. By walking out he has shown what a bunch of old farts the FA are and how little they actually know about modern day football. I do hope it shakes it up over there in their little world, although no one in their right mind should take the England job.
-
I wouldn't trust the FA to run my local McDonalds let alone a major sport. I know a few people involved in football proper and they know it's just a back slapping old boys club of people so out of touch with the world. As much as it should annoy me it doesn't, why bother yourself when you have clowns running the circus, although I guess they are there to be laughed at. They just don't know it.
-
I like capello! Best record of any England manager, ever. Also bang on the money with Terry, as much as i detest Terry it's not the FAs remit to decide on England captain, if someone did that to me at my workplace I would be equally annoyed. As for HR, hate to say it but he isn't going to be some sort of magic dust for England, they will play no different and will perform no better, very average manager who like most managers performs in line with the value of his squad, there are a few genuinely world class managers out there and he isn't one of them I am afraid.
-
But a lot of MoT fails are on the road passes, generally, if fitting an aftermarket steering wheel you won't get an MoT pass, you will probably get away with it on the road but you need that certificate!
-
...also part of the new rules is that the seats move, those new ones better have adjusters on them!
-
At the Zed meet at the Grasshopper recently I had a chat with lots of new people, some younger some older, some more experienced drivers some not, all generally pleasant people and appreciated a nice car...then a car drove past the car park slowly revving the engine then tore off down the road and we all knowingly looked at each other and thought "****" - it was a Focus ST ;-) My simple view...I prefer the Zed over every car I have ever owned, RWD is part of that but it's so much more. And that's it really !!!
-
Just a warning as well to have contingency money aside - have had a few people buy Zeds lately as they are now approaching affordable prices for older ones and a few weeks later the clutch goes and they are faced with an £800 bill. Not saying you haven't thought about it but my advice is buy something and make sure you got cash left over, just in case, otherwise you could be left with an expensive toy sat outside doing not a lot.
-
I only got yours Dave after you mentioned it on a thread yesterday, its been nearly a year
-
Love my plate - don't care what other people think
-
Vid here with the berks on a milltek...not sure how much it helps but you can hear on the 3rd/4th rev how the note changes when you give it a bit more than 4k revs
-
Think my one is better than that! Looks like a VW Beetle, and he traced it beforehand I reckon!
-
God search skills pal
-
It may have been in the for sale section actually? Sorry not much use!
-
Should you get paid if you can't get to work because if the
coldel replied to spursmaddave's topic in Off Topic Discussion
If you are self employed where the money only comes in if you go work yourself you do somehow make it. My dad is in his sixties and he worked over the weekend, he's a car mechanic - so not only does he have to drive in it he has to climb under cars and work outside in it, and he was, the phone went mad last week. Like I said previously, these people decided the night before watching the snow fall out the window 'ah ha can look forward to a paid day off tomorrow and go play in the snow with the kids or have a lie in' - premeditated bunking off. -
Sure there is a thread somewhere on here showing how to chop it to make it fit - from what I remember not a big job?
-
Good grief sorry to hear that mate. I have to say whenever I deal with sales people over the phone or the like when they actually do get it right I almost feel like hugging them and telling them what a great job they are doing - even though its a very simple task and they are just doing what they should be doing but the general level of service is so bad it just makes them look amazing when they do get it right!
-
I was going to say, hope you got the car for next to nowt, headlights circa £600? Bonnet £500? Bumper if genuine £750? Just having a punt really but imagine those prices aren't far off! Be a good project car though!
-
I think it really makes little difference if you have an older car? If it ran on sainsburys own brand oil for 60k miles sticking Mobil 1 in it now isn't going to repair the damage...I guess it prevents further damage but won't feel like a new car I would have thought?
-
Should you get paid if you can't get to work because if the
coldel replied to spursmaddave's topic in Off Topic Discussion
I work in a small business of about 10 people. We all have clients we have to service, sure we back each other up at times but generally if I don't turn up to work my clients suffer and they don't come back to us. It's called being responsible. I can't just take the day off because it snowed a bit. I assume those that didn't bother to show just assumed the work would magically get done by someone else? Or those that do show have to do double the work? -
I was going to say, start it up, put all heaters on in the car for a couple of hours and let it melt off
-
Anyone with HFC's fitted in the Essex/Suffolk area
coldel replied to Bakes100's topic in 350Z General
I know! I stood there, and was adament, changing the badges and aerial and that was it...well, look at my signature now, and theres plenty left off it! -
Anyone with HFC's fitted in the Essex/Suffolk area
coldel replied to Bakes100's topic in 350Z General
I'm still seeking a cure... -
I have Milltek and Berks on mine (plus a Stillen induction kit - certainly an option to add something like a JWT intake if you dont think M+B is loud enough) and sounds perfect for what I want. When I drive off to work at 7am I can leave without feeling the wrath of the neighbours, when I turn onto the Windsor relief road and give it some around 3.5k-4k revs it really comes alive and roars pretty loud - I get the metallic rasp also, have to say I dont 'love it' but its tolerable for the extra growl and free flowing exhaust you get.