Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Me neither, but then again I always leave a big gap to the next vehicle anyway I think they are a bit useless anyway, more of a fashion statement than anything else. Pete But its not about that is it? I thought it was so that other drivers know that there is a baby on board, that I will most likely be driving very cautiously, and that you should not be expecting me to be diving out into gaps at turnings, accelerating as fast as most people etc. Just like someone has a P plate, its to let others know that the driver is still learning and new on the road and to expect that they wont be as experienced as other
  2. Photos have convinced me to relocate that number plate back to the nose as well...
  3. Couple more...with photoshop a plenty!
  4. ...and with Alfie kindly getting me up at 6am, I was out there pretty early. Spent about an hour with the wash mit and buckets, then some Megs Quick Detail and it was all set to go. Ended up at Dorney Lake, with all the Eton lot out on the rowing lake in the background.
  5. Stunning, looks american, but still stunning. I was looking at RX7s yesterday on autotrader!
  6. When I was driving through Kew the other day I saw a Micra, two kids in the back belted in and the woman driving along...with the near side rear door open...and not talking a crack here, but fully perpendicular to the car open Im not sure the baby on board signs are for the emergency services? Otherwise why do you have to put them in the rear window? Thats the last place I would put any information for occupancy...if anything the sign is just as likely to be tossed away from the car in an accident as the baby/chair? I really have never heard of the baby on board signs being there primarily for the emergency services? Bizarre. If anything if I wanted the emergency services to know I would have it in big letters across the dash or something.
  7. +2 Sarnie Although, I did see a Scirocco R yesterday, now they look the part I had the 1.4tsi for about 6 months (the turbo and super charged version!) and it was a pretty good car. Would have one of those over a TT any day.
  8. ...do people take any notice of them? M4 slip lane yesterday joining the M25, wife and 4 week old child in the back, doing 70 on the inside lane to turn off to M25. White van, hacking it up behind me, pulls out then swerves back in front of me forcing me to brake hard as he crossed the hatched lines Woman, 4x4 Toureg, M25 joining A30, tail gaiting me for a mile at 50mph, about 5-10 yards max from my rear bumper, must have been able to look in through the back window to see Alfie staring back at her. Don't people get it? Or are we as I suspect, as a nation dumbing down?
  9. I think GLRNET has a zunsport he fitted himself, drop him a PM
  10. Good stuff mate, nothing worse than having an awful job when it takes up so much of your time. Seems like a good day for job changes ;-)
  11. Exactly, Nissan clearly did the best job possible when making the car in the first place, they just wouldn't do silly things like fitting single-cone synchros to a 300hp engine, or making the interior out of old dustbins. Their work clearly can't be improved on DB +1 Haha yeah it is perfect when it rolls off the production line! Hmmmmm. I thought it was more likely that they had a target price for the car, they then designed it within that budget with compromises made where budget wouldn't allow...such as the interior, or even the exterior...still it has a carbon prop shaft, clearly deemed key to the design!
  12. You can try sell the plate on here or DVLA should be able to buy it off you? Google it and there are plenty of companies that will buy it or sell it for you. I was thinking of selling mine but went on eBay and there are literally thousands unsold. In a recession not as many buyers?
  13. Well I spent money improving the engine, brakes etc - then I made the car more 'mine' by adding some changes to the cars exterior - I dont think anyone really thinks that it adds performance. Everyone has their own tastes, and 'generally' none of these are wrong, or lack IQ. In fact, to simply state that adding a lip or side skirts implies lack of intelligence (when lots of cars come with them out the factory like it) was a bit erm, lacking intelligence
  14. ...and I am loving my new front lip!
  15. Busy day at the office Dave!?
  16. She was erm okay, maybe some other members on here might not be so picky lol
  17. I wondered about the overheating issue - had it like this for about a month now and no overheating problems to report of. I checked with ATTAK as well who had a similar setup and he reported no overheating problems either.
  18. What do you think of the plate on the grille? I am thinking of moving it back to the bumper...
  19. The front of that black zed looks very similar to another one on here...
  20. GM private plate P1 I think it was junction 5 M4. A Lamborghini Aventador A woman driving a Peugeot with the number plate M155 BJ Two coach drivers in Barnes on their mobiles not watching the road whilst in motion - given what happened in Swiss recently they would be more intelligent than to do that. Maybe too big an ask.
  21. I always find the language a little odd from dealerships, in that when they value your car they will say 'it is worth..' or 'its value is...' when that cannot be true. If you sell privately you can get more for it. So it isn't actually worth what a dealer tells you, it is what the dealer will pay you, but thats not its value!
  22. Yeah i am concerned about when I eventually sell mine - having spent somewhere in the region of £4k-£5k on it since buying it as well (see signature!) - still, I see it as money invested in my wellbeing
  23. I did this about a year ago...looks so out of date now! It was a profile of all the Zeds on AutoTrader under £10k. When I had a drive in Wills old 350z roadster about 4 months back I enquired with a dealer as to a p/x on mine for a roadster of the same age/mileage and colour and he wanted to give £5.5k for mine and charge me £9.5k for the identical roadster!
  24. Its a good exhaust, even if you wanted to change it you would get a good price on here for sale - would be snapped up in an instant
×
×
  • Create New...