Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I have paid a part time trader fee and to be honest forgotten about I do appreciate the 'freeness' of this forum compared to other 350z ones I suspect though its not the money that is narking our forum biscuit - its that members referencing an ex-traders wares is something that needs to be censored - is it that we shouldnt be doing this going forwards? As an aside, £720 Chris? Thats ridiculous...shows how cheap the trader cost really is on here, effectively two quid a month.
  2. ...prompted by the recent BMW 'months on' thread - have to say hats off to the modest Ford Focus. I bought a 'sensible' car when Becks and I were trying for a baby, a year later sold it as things were not progressing as planned and bought something non sensible in a Zed. A month later, we got the news we had been waiting for...but, oh no, wrong car for the job! So, we needed a second car and set a £2k budget - managed to snap up a Ford Focus on an 04 plate, 1.8 petrol Ghia with 62k miles. Since then I have had this list go wrong with it: 1. I lost the plastic cigarette lighter cover Erm and thats it really. They are common as any car out there but for a very good reason. The ride and handling are great, massively specced out with the Ford Ghia spec and the boot just eats up baby buggies and bags etc with space to spare. Serviced it myself last month with parts coming to £90. Have been really surprised with it, Becks loves it, cant sing its praises enough.
  3. ..have to agree, seems odd to edit someone who recommends contacting another member about something to solve their query, isnt that the point of a forum pretty sure as with most 'debates' we will get a considered answer from mods soon...
  4. My initials are CD too, got an 04 car and CD04 ZED is available from DVLA for £275
  5. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Veilside-V3-Full-Carbon-Fibre-Boot-Spoiler-Collection-Only-/290715757833
  6. I am umming and urring on that front I also sprayed up the intake pipe red, but think it might be overkill with that on too...
  7. There are some sneaky red engine bay bolts on there too
  8. No it's slightly off, I do have a spare though just not a job for now too tired! No covers, all originals primed and sprayed!
  9. Yes? Note the sig and my plate spacing
  10. ...bored having not done anything to the Zed recently, ordered me a Stillen decal for the front splitter, looked nice, so went a bit crazy with a spray can I guess at least it matches the stillen decal now!
  11. Oi!
  12. ...and relax - well done you Hammers
  13. Milltek + Berks = spot on Spend money wisely
  14. Good review - regarding the drone, Cobra do warn about this on their promotional blurb that there would be drone...
  15. I thought the reprogramme only worked on later cars?
  16. SL55 AMG, low on power? Its 500bhp Its a blindingly quick car!
  17. Not the worst number plate in the world I guess... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/380438610769
  18. There is a years supply of upgrading posts on just about everything though He asked for a roadmap, some people believe you have to spend a thousand quid on tyres and brakes, others, who havent done and survived, dont.
  19. ...depends on what you are driving it for though, I dont hammer the car, or track it - like I say still here to tell the tale and have seen people with uprated brakes talk of near misses. I saw no mention of tyres, which are much more important than upgrading the brembos IMO.
  20. I knew nothing about cars when I got my Zed, quite happily paid for pros to do stuff - but then tried a few things myself which I knew were reversible if I ballsed up and realised it wasn't that bad. Personally, I think if you want to mod a car, its all part of the enjoyment doing the simple things yourself...but agreed his original post said he doesnt want to.
  21. You dont add an induction kit for power though...
  22. Today I am in our head office, up in Benson in Oxfordshire - which quietly holds the title of coldest place in the UK - something about the surrounding environment making it constantly wet, windy, cold and everything else. During the recent cold snap it was only marginally warmer than the south pole... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/topics/weather/6945311/Snow-UK-the-Oxfordshire-village-as-cold-as-Moscow.html
  23. ...Throttle Controller, 5 minute install. Plenum Spacer around an hour, Induction Kit around 30 minutes - and I am a complete amatuer when it comes to doing stuff like this - found it was not so bad with the instructions provided.
  24. Upgraded my brakes almost at the very end - and hey I am still here to tell the tale. Upgraded brakes are much better, but standard ones are pretty good as well, better than most cars out there, given the brakes (discs and pads) are going to come in at around the £500 mark I would put it towards making it a smoother ride first with the plenum, intake, exhaust, uprev etc.
×
×
  • Create New...