Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. Just make sure you are proceeding with this for your own sake and not because you feel that the current 'owner' is a nice person - emotion and business rarely go hand in hand successfully!
  2. It does work! http://www.wiggle.co.uk/assos-chamois-cream/
  3. Good luck with this I cycled from Cognac to Paris on my own with panniers on a steel framed hybrid! Booked into 'gites' every night rather than camp as I was on my own and didn't know anyone in between...have to say, without wanting to affect your plans, found a rucksack on my back easier work than weight on the panniers...bourbon biscuits work a blinder btw!
  4. Awesome photos of shine on there! Looking forwards to mine coming back to super shiny next week
  5. I am amazed in a day and age when our cars are checked over and over and have to provide paperwork for everything that this thing has managed to hang around on public roads for as long as it has. Personally I would walk, so much hassle for a car. As someone else pointed out, somewhere along the line one of these two characters are lying to you from what I can see, how can you be a registered owner of a car and not noticed any of the paperwork coming through your door that associates you with it? I just cant see how this car has existed since 2009 with no documentation and registered to someone else without something going wrong.
  6. Ford Focus, got one as our second car and it has been tremendous.
  7. The whole thing about pricing on gender was an utter farce - Euro Court Human Rights once again makes a call on something they seem to have little understanding of. If this is a precedent then surely young people can claim ageism, people in Manchester can claim locationism and people with sports cars can claim they are discriminated against because of the car they drive. I have also seen this effect of peoples cars being hit, not their fault, claiming off another the other insurance and then seeing their premiums go up. As people have alluded to, the models used in Insurance I suspect are poor and biased towards the insuring company. Every time I hear people who have no statistical background quoting stats I cringe 'you are more likely to have an accident if you are in one not of your fault so premiums go up' what sort of stat are we looking at here? Are we looking at big numbers such as 500 times more likely or are we looking at something like for every 10 people that havent had a no fault claim that have an accident we see 11 people who have had a no fault accident then having an accident? Both qualify the same statement but both massively different. The funny thing is that people seem to think because you compare two numbers like that its, comparable, which it isnt unless you do some massive driver analysis, straight correlations are usually pretty pointless, the amount of intercorrelation going on is immense. 'Men are more likely to have an accident than woman' how many times do I hear that completely ridiculous statement by so called experts...what if the woman was a 17 year old alcoholic from moss side driving a pagani zonda and the guy a 50 year old school teacher from Berkshire driving a Toyota Prius. Unless they have compared comparable data across all attributes at all levels ie 17 year old alcoholic moss side lady in a zonda vs the same but male, there is massive scope for error. /end rant
  8. coldel

    Rear pads gone!!

    Thats really odd, faulty pad?
  9. The struts are too high, agree on the shopping trolley look
  10. SOLD, can close/lock
  11. Insurance ratings are a joke fullstop anyway, as I mentioned before I would love to see their 'model' - no doubt it is a case of 'oh lets count up the number of claims by age, job, location and the ones with the highest counts are clearly the highest risk' - morons.
  12. Zed was insured separately from our Focus but both going through Diamond, they said they could add the Zed to a multicar option along with the focus to save us money. Last year Zed was £590 insurance, now they want us to add it to a multicar policy to save us money and quoted us at £825. Thanks Mr and Mrs coldel, one year of safe driving, let us put it up for you on this deal by about 40% Will be doing the usual ringing around this week to get the quote down as we wont be one of those lazy/uniformed types that get completely ripped off by this industry called insurance that thinks its so hard done by - bunch of jokers.
  13. I took an aston over the 360 and overtook three of them on the track (was at rockingham) Maybe the Gallardo for fun factor?
  14. Looks worse than it is front bumper has been placed on the bonnet and is relatively unscathed
  15. That is tempting, have developed a bit of a knack for vinyl wrapping...
  16. Am truly impressed by this DIY effort! How much you guys think it costs in materials to do this? Cost of vinyl? If you picked a colour that was say metallic?
  17. "Badgers? Badgers? We don't need no stinking badgers!"
  18. Thats what gets me about 911 variants, they just look so normal and mundane, there is no visual desirability with them for me
  19. Long one looks a bit odd, cheap and is too snappable for some yobs out there. Carbon stubby off ebay £8 works a charm
  20. Nice Although I would be looking at spacers as well!
  21. A cheeky little these are £20 for 4 normally
  22. Rain Official supplier of weather forecasts for London 2012
  23. I would say you got some spacers on there. I have a set of those wheels also, lifting one of those stock wheels vs the Volks I bought its amazing the difference in weight and subsequent handling.
  24. 20 of these little beauties £30 including delivery
  25. Yeah Yeah Mr Show Off just like those haha Cant afford to be splashing out on a big strip and respray job so will have to wait me thinks
×
×
  • Create New...