Jump to content

coldel

Ex Team Member
  • Posts

    14,064
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by coldel

  1. I have one of these, makes a nice sound and a great enclosure for the filter
  2. Will, you actually drove the 50 yards to Steves garage!
  3. Didn't realise, thought the genuine Nissan ones were circa £400? Edit: Maybe that was for headlights?
  4. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2006-NISSAN-350Z-GENUINE-NISSAN-LED-REAR-LIGHTS-/320937965610
  5. Its 'Wasso of Arabia'
  6. I got told off for many things also...just look guilty, promise not to do it again etc I think we should start a thread on 'how pink can we get wasso this week'
  7. Yes 12x1.25 is correct, the taper is the angle of the bottom of the nut which sits flush to the wheel (its a cone shaped end), as far as I have seen all are 60 degrees standard. If in doubt contact rare rims, they are on here as well as on ebay.
  8. Like I said, mugs or too much money to know what to do with
  9. You would be a complete mug to pay £1400 for a detail, I would spend the money respraying the car
  10. It was just the car park that was gravelly, we literally drove in at 1mph! Steve350z red zed was coming up nice when I popped over looking forwards to pics!
  11. My final piece on this bizarre thread... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-Nissan-350z-Rays-Engineering-Forged-18-inch-Alloys-including-Tyres-/320951206619 Offer the guy £400 + courier and be done with it
  12. I think my 5 month old Alfie will have bought one in the meantime...!
  13. Well good luck looking for finding a pre facelift, with Rays, within spitting distance of your house...you have more than enough advice on here from people that faced the same issues as you and overcame them. Let us know how you get on.
  14. Push the boat out for these bad boys! http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/350z07o/50-3832
  15. I bought my kuro black Zed with 'those alloys' and they actually look quite nice in the flesh, nowt wrong with them really, now I have some 19" Volks and those 18s sat in the garage just in case. The wheels are the easiest things to change on the car, god it takes half hour to change them, loads of options wheel wise on the market, having read through this thread and seen your constant harking on about the wheels, I think you are missing a trick massively by getting obsessed with them. You have probably discounted plenty of very good Zeds simple because of what wheels are on it and like I said are a doddle to change, there are tonnes 114.3 fitment wheels for sale all over the country, and much better ones than these standard 350z Rays you are focusing on.
  16. I didn't want to interrupt the master at work... Our wasso is somewhat pink today
  17. Will leave the work in progress shots to Ian as I really did not partake in the work part so much
  18. As above...was a bit more than a wash
  19. I wouldnt just go out and buy a replacement gearbox though! Could be thats just as noisy and clunky as your current one. Even the fabled CD009 boxes are not as invincible as they are made out to be (although technically they are better), read somewhere about someone changing theirs out to one of these and it was just as clunky. As long as it doesn't interfere with your driving the noise should be something you can live with.
  20. Zed got a wash early morning with Megs Gold Class, Ian then spent some time claying, followed by 6 hours of machine polishing, then on went the Supernatural wax, now looks
  21. Thought I would kick off a thread for people to post Wasso's handywork. Ian spent the day working on my Zed starting at 10 finishing around 7, a photo shoot at Richmond Park followed by pizza and beer - so all round a good day Ian can confirm, 'its hot in Richmond'
  22. That's a freaking bargain!!!! Set of springs and spacers and she's looking stunning! Nismo kit and wheels, stunning example if it drives well for that money
  23. Nissan gearboxes are notorious for being noisy, best thing is some Nissan gear oil from Alex along with some molyslip, will help reduce noise.
  24. I would say there are a fair few things about Zeds that owners will know to look for over a mechanic who has never worked on one - will your mechanic have his head out the window listening for a clicky rear axle for instance...make use of the forum, some good guys on here, they may even know the history of a local Zed having shopped for one in their local area. You can always then if it looks pretty good pay out for an RAC inspection or the like to test the mechanics of the car. At the end of the day if it gets you your Zed, its been worth it.
  25. if you ask nicely some forum members if they have the time and are local to anything might take a look for you...
×
×
  • Create New...