-
Posts
14,064 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Events
Gallery
Store
Everything posted by coldel
-
I think you will find most of these athletes have been training all their life for this, not four years. Unfortunately your view G man is typical of how some of the more downtrodden media in this country like us to think about these sorts of event, very short term, which is the kind of thinking that has got the majority of this world into the state its in at the moment. Lets patch the problem not solve it. Lets face facts, the numbers that you might read in the Daily Mail about 5 star hotels and the like is a pin prick in the GB economy, but the impression and power it brings to influence some very powerful people in the world of sport (and lets not forget, sport globally is worth as much as any financial institution) is money well spent. There will be a massive influx of tourism and spending during the olympics which will maybe even cover the cost of the games itself. But does it stop there? Of course not. I thought the imagery of the industrial revolution was immensely powerful and was a good reminder to a world that lets be honest, is getting to see our country as a place of layabouts and lazy workers, but a reminder that we do work hard and this country is worth investing in. The next time GM, Ford, Toyota or the like sit down for a general meeting and discuss locations for new factories and investment, maybe just maybe, their view might be a bit different - but thats all it takes. Personally, I cheered for it when we won the games, I cheered for it last night. Its a celebration that we can do something and do it well - watching one british thing after another was a great reminder that we do impact the world heavily for what is a small country in the grand scheme of things, Tim Berners-Lee at the end was a masterstroke. There are certain media in this country that want money to throw at stuff to make it work now, in proverbial terms its just a plaster over an ever seeping wound and in the long term will fall off and is wasted. This can be part of a bigger cure to help get this country back on its feet but unfortunately that sort of news doesn't sell papers and thus won't be a message many in this country will or maybe even want to hear. The macro economic impact on business of events such as this is not measurable in terms of the likes of hotel receipts, its the long term impact of foreign investment, but again, I doubt the Daily Mail has the capability to even measure it. Anyway thats my piece on the matter and will enjoy our cyclists, rowers, athletes et al go out there and give it their best.
-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Nissan-350z-Airbox-/170886278333
-
Jolly good show what what
-
Depends on how you drive regarding wear, done over 10k with mine (which weren't new when I got them) and still plenty of life left in them.
-
If you mean you need to drive to within your own/ the car's limits and according to the conditions then all very well but breaking traction for most (intended or not) tends to be on wet roundabouts and tight b-road 60 limit bends which is usually within the speed limit. +1, mine have let go in low gears a couple of times, a couple of times exiting a car park onto a main road, all within speed limits. Letting go does not mean them sliding at 100mph on a country road.
-
Exactly, and the point I have tried to make! If they didn't let go when pushing on they would outsell Michelins 10 to 1, I mean why pay more. Mine have let go a couple of times, but thats because they are Falkens not top end rubber, thats also why I drive within their limits.
-
Good luck mate and enjoy - we went in the Ford Focus as the route to the hospital was littered with pot holes and on the dummy run in the Zed Rebecca couldn't cope with all the bumps!
-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-18-Scale-Nissan-350Z-V6-engine-modified-diorama-/130732647391
-
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rota-GTR-19-19x10-alloys-350Z-Skyline-GTR-R33-R34-Evo-X-/230830356307
-
Been topping my Zed up this week with some quick detailer and it still looks stunning, ordered a little pot of Supernatural as well Ian to add that extra layer on top of what it has now
-
Greddy SE looks and sounds stunning, not a bad choice if you are happy to fork out for the rest of the exhaust
-
Unbelievable to think that is flat carpet, I think for a laugh a nightclub should lay that down outside after all the people have gone inside and wait for them to come out and see what happens...would be funny
-
Cold Air Intake
-
Milltek + HFCs + CAI gives a great sound Quiet at low revs, a nice sporty note at around 3k revs and up
-
Mind the holes in the shop floor ... or are they?
-
Its all lights From the AA website on the new rules: Lighting Products on the lens or light source that obviously reduce the light's intensity or change its colour will become a reason for failure – applies to front/rear position lamps, registration plate lamps, stop lamps, rear fog and direction indicators, Headlight requirements are updated to take account of the particular characteristics of High Intensity Discharge (HID) lamps. HID headlights can cause dazzle if they are dirty or aimed too high so car manufacturers must fit headlamp cleaning and levelling systems. Where HID or LED dipped beam headlamps are fitted the tester will switch on the headlamps and check the operation of any headlamp levelling and cleaning devices fitted. The car will fail if a headlamp levelling or cleaning device is inoperative or otherwise obviously defective. If a headlamp bulb is not seated correctly the resulting beam pattern will be indistinct and this will result in a test fail. Of course there is nothing to stop you from ripping it off once a year for the MoT and putting a new layer back on again afterwards.
-
I was told something similar, "It's people that kill, not guns", it's a mantra they repeat. One of the problems is that many Americans, even some highly educated ones are very ignorant of what goes on outside of America. On one of my holidays in The States I was once asked "What language do you speak in England?". Pete ...and your answer should have been 'American'
-
DE is pre 2006 The Zed ecu will normalise the mods so that they turn out the same BHP regardless so you will not feel any change with the mods attached without an uprev. A plenum spacer (your manifold suggestion) is a cheap mod if you are doing uprev on the DE engine, motordyne and Horsham Developments on here do them also there is a company called Skunk that do them although not seen a Zed with one on. I went Motordyne
-
Like to see someone else being a bit different
-
I can't agree at all. In 50k miles of driving the Zed on 452's I have never had any grip problems with them including the 2 nasty Winters with lots of snow. For the money they can't be beaten. They also wear extermely well. I think this is the point so many people miss, for the money, they perform ok. Yes they won't ever be as good as Michelins or Goodyears, but then they are half the price and my philosophy is that there are no such thing as 'ditch-finding tyres, only ditch finding drivers' drive within the limits of the tyre and mostly things will be fine.
-
Or snap up the Stillen intake thats for sale on here... ...to second the above, Nismo, HFCs, spacer plus the uprev to make it worth the while is going to set you back in the region of £2k - and no, its very unlikely any of this kit is going second hand, very rare to see it on here!
-
I think generalising Americans as Americans all wanting to own guns is somewhat misguided. Lots of Americans I know, who are office workers/city dwellers know guns can be bought, but all of them do not choose to buy one. I would guess however than if you went to the less urban populous you might find a more 'cowboy' gun culture going on. I once drove from Kallamazoo (BA training town!) to Chicago and stopped in a few tiny cut off towns and found some really weird stuff with regards to guns, sales and ownership that I never saw in Chicago. That said, I am dumbfounded by the sudden burst of gun purchasing in Aurora, even if those people owned guns the likelihood of them having the guns on them in the queue for Batman are pretty remote. On the matter of binge drinking prices, my local here in Richmond charges between £4.25 and £4.80 for a pint, thats a Fullers pub - pretty sure its already in action in some parts of England
-
But the price for falkens is pretty average for the market, so what do people expect other than an average tyre?
-
That mobi washer actually has no pressure to write home about. It was great when the hose ban was on and one fill of the portable tank did the whole car. However nice to see someone else shares my enthusiasm for DIY:) For a month recently we were shacked up in my mates spare flat, two floors up, with no access to water, electricity or a lift...this is how my Zed looked after a hand wash...living in a flat is no excuse
-
Once done it's not too hard or long winded to look after yourself. Having said that, I spent 5 hours today doing my daughters Punto. (first ever wash,clay,polish,seal and wax).. (no photos) Note that I live in an apartment and the car is parked on the street. I have precisely zero access to a hose / pressure washer / garage etc. Not sure I can be arsed with the whole "two bucket method either".... Have never used a pressure washer with mine I have always hand washed (and hand polished), just a bit of hard work and willingness to look after my car When I get the chance, Im out there with my buckets, wool mitt etc - and why not, it looks nice when its done